Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
    At this point we have no choice I think
    B/S. We don't need that cancer. We learned from T/O.

Comment

• Ramsey is the pick. Anyone catch the press conference? Garrett has a man crush.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• I think it's a no-brainer....if he's there at 4..
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Ramsey is the pick. Anyone catch the press conference? Garrett has a man crush.
          Garrett has no sway in this decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
            I think it's a no-brainer....if he's there at 4..
            The only way he's not there is if SD trades down. I can't see them passing on Tunsil though.

Comment

• So what's the story on myles jack's knee? Hearing it's degenerative?
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Miles Jack does have a knee condition, so he should be there in the 5th round and we can pick him up then...
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  So what's the story on myles jack's knee? Hearing it's degenerative?
                  That's the word. He's gonna fall like oil prices. Sucks for him.

Comment

That's the word. He's gonna fall like oil prices. Sucks for him.
                    Someone will take him in the late 2nd or early 3rd round, I bet.

Man, I am convinced they have no clue what to do.

Comment

• No less than a minute after posting that, I read this:

Jerry Jones thinks Jalen Ramsey was suspended, and thinks that’s a good thing

Cowboys owner and General Manager Jerry Jones thinks a disciplinary action taken against Florida State defensive back Jalen Ramsey shows that Ramsey is just the kind of player the Cowboys need.

Jones said that Ramsey, whom the Cowboys are considering drafting with the fourth overall pick on Thursday night, is the kind of competitor he wants in Dallas. Jones said an incident in which Ramsey got in trouble for being too rough in practice reminded him of the kinds of fierce competitions Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin used to have during the Cowboys’ 1990s glory days.

“We’ve got a couple of players in this draft that are really inspirational practice players,” Jones said, via the Star-Telegram. “[Ramsey] got suspended from playing a regular season game because he was too aggressive at his own practice. Now who does that remind you of around here? I think Deion and Michael and those guys used to go at it, and both said the games are the easiest part. The practice against each other was the rough part. Ramsey does bring some of that to the table, and two or three others. If you’re up at the top of this draft, you really somehow like to come out with something like that. That’s hard to find. When you see one that is suspended and couldn’t play in the game because he was too rough on his own players, it’s a good sign that he enjoys the physical part of the game.”

For the record, Ramsey wasn’t actually suspended from Florida State and started every game during all three of his seasons with the Seminoles. But Ramsey did get kicked out of a practice in 2014 for laying a hit on a blocking back so hard that the blocker fell into quarterback Jameis Winston’s legs, and coach Jimbo Fisher was angry enough about Ramsey’s actions that he threatened to kick him off the team, saying, “He was told not to do something and he defied me. We’ll judge from there. He’ll decide if he wants to play at Florida State.”

A less talented player might be viewed as a troublemaker for doing something like that, but when it’s a player as talented as Ramsey, it’s the kind of thing that gets him labeled a fiery competitor. It’s the kind of competition that Jones wants to see on the Cowboys’ practice field.
                      Fucking inspirational PRACTICE PLAYERS

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post

Fucking inspirational PRACTICE PLAYERS
                        I understand where you're coming from, but I also understand what Jerry meant by that, and I agree with it. He, as he usually does, just got his point across poorly. I want 53 guys who go hard all the time. Not just in games. You don't get better if the limits are not pushed at practice. Period.

In the inspirational words of the great Jimmy Johnson - "You have asthma?" "Get your ass over to the asthma field and have some asthma! The asthma field is over there!"

Comment

Man, I am convinced they have no clue what to do.
                          Who? The Cowboys? Trust me, they know exactly what to do. They're taking Ramsey, period, end of story.

Comment

Who? The Cowboys? Trust me, they know exactly what to do. They're taking Ramsey, period, end of story.
                            They are, but everyone is projecting him to be a safety. So they don't address the running back, or DL situation or technically the cornberback situation. So they are going to take a player that doesn't even really fill a specific spot that needs to be fixed.

This really is the one time I would like to see them trade down.

Comment

They are, but everyone is projecting him to be a safety. So they don't address the running back, or DL situation or technically the cornberback situation. So they are going to take a player that doesn't even really fill a specific spot that needs to be fixed.

This really is the one time I would like to see them trade down.
                              They are taking the best player available. That's what you want your team to do. I don't understand what you're complaining about. Ramsey can play corner or safety. It remains to be seen where they put him. If they put him at safety, Jones will go back to corner, thus addressing the corner situation. They get Scandrick back. Carr took a 3.6M pay cut. As much as I would have liked them to move on, Carr isn't a bad corner. He's a solid #2 and just wasn't worth what they were paying him. I wouldn't call him a value where he is now, but it isn't terrible. Our corners look worse than they are because we have no pass rush.

They will address DE. Plenty of good DEs will be there through the third round. They don't HAVE to take a DE in the first and it doesn't make sense to take one of the top tier at #4.

Why are you complaining about RB? McFadden did a great job, Dunbar is back, and they added a short yardage guy in Morris. There are FAR more pressing needs than RB in this draft.

Comment

They are taking the best player available. That's what you want your team to do. I don't understand what you're complaining about. Ramsey can play corner or safety. It remains to be seen where they put him. If they put him at safety, Jones will go back to corner, thus addressing the corner situation. They get Scandrick back. Carr took a 3.6M pay cut. As much as I would have liked them to move on, Carr isn't a bad corner. He's a solid #2 and just wasn't worth what they were paying him. I wouldn't call him a value where he is now, but it isn't terrible. Our corners look worse than they are because we have no pass rush.

They will address DE. Plenty of good DEs will be there through the third round. They don't HAVE to take a DE in the first and it doesn't make sense to take one of the top tier at #4.

Why are you complaining about RB? McFadden did a great job, Dunbar is back, and they added a short yardage guy in Morris. There are FAR more pressing needs than RB in this draft.
                                As the year went on last year, more and more analysts were talking about Jones being a better safety than corner. So we end up with the same rotation for the last 3 years plus another in between guy for safety/corner. That's two years in a row of taking a corner/safety in the first round. I think the team has more pressing needs. I don't like Bosa though, so I can see why they are taking Ramsey.

I am complaining about RB because those players are longshots to succeed long term. McFadden COULD be ok next year, but his record doesn't show it and I do like him. Dunbar really hasn't proven he is a good back IMO. That's another hype guy from the Jerruh machine IMO. Morris is really a has been with something to prove. I hope he can show up, but again, he is not the long term answer.

I dunno, maybe I shouldn't be looking at the RB position as having long term plans. It is very much a plug and play position with a line like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X