Cowboys 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
    I don't like throwing a rookie into the fire. This is definitely not the way I think anyone wanted his first year to go.
    Depends really. You throw a rookie into a system with a bad offensive line and no weapons, that could seriously hurt him. Dallas doesn't have that though, we have a nice arsenal of RB's and at least three security blanket receivers.

Dak is one of the better looking rookies that I have seen in a while, he had no issues with the seattle defense, aside from some very bad drops.

The whole problem last year was a QB that either wouldn't, or couldn't throw the deep ball and keep the opposing defense honest. Dak doesn't seem to have that issue.

Comment

• Tinfoil hat time, Dak does an average job or better. Jerruh proclaims himself best GM ever for finding him like he did Romo. Cowboys go 9-7 for the next few years getting hopes up across Cowboy nation only to have them crushed in the second round of the playoffs a few times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Couver View Post
        Tinfoil hat time, Dak does an average job or better. Jerruh proclaims himself best GM ever for finding him like he did Romo. Cowboys go 9-7 for the next few years getting hopes up across Cowboy nation only to have them crushed in the second round of the playoffs a few times.
        Dak finally gets it together years later but is plagued by injuries?
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Didnt romo just redo his contract? Isnt he owed eleventy billion dollars all of it against the cap for the next 20 years?

Comment

• Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
            Didnt romo just redo his contract? Isnt he owed eleventy billion dollars all of it against the cap for the next 20 years?
            I think if he was cut tomorrow he would pocket 20 million.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
              That's simply sad. I really like the man and I think he gets treated unfairly by fans. But he needs to start thinking about his health and his family. He can't afford to screw that up.
              Yup, he needs to move on to coaching or the business side of football now.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                Yup, he needs to move on to coaching or the business side of football now.
                Oh I think we'll see him at NFLnetwork or ESPN. The man does have a pretty good personality.

Comment

• Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                  Depends really. You throw a rookie into a system with a bad offensive line and no weapons, that could seriously hurt him. Dallas doesn't have that though, we have a nice arsenal of RB's and at least three security blanket receivers.

Dak is one of the better looking rookies that I have seen in a while, he had no issues with the seattle defense, aside from some very bad drops.

The whole problem last year was a QB that either wouldn't, or couldn't throw the deep ball and keep the opposing defense honest. Dak doesn't seem to have that issue.
                  It was the Seattle game that sold me. He came in under duress and performed well. He's got the skills, but more importantly, he's got the mental toughness of a veteran player. I think the Dallas offense will, at worse, do OK under him. At best they will thrive. The only real issue now is the backup position and that Defense.

Comment

• Dak also brings something back to the QB position in Dallas that has been absent for a long time and that is a real threat to run. He can fly if he needs to. This keeps a defense somewhat more honest and can open up receivers even more if they are forced to keep another man near the box. If his arm pans out even remotely as well as projected were in good shape. I'm almost looking forward to the season more with romo out.

Here is a hypothetical for yall homers.... Lets say romo is out for 8 weeks. In that time Dak has played really well and the team is siting at 6-2 when romo is available to come back. Do you keep romo benched or let him come back and resume the starting role?

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      You're nuts.

I am excited with the possibility of him being Romo's successor. He *should* only get better sitting, watching, and learning. They need to just take their time. But by all accounts so far, he does appear to be a steal given where they picked him. It's way too soon to anoint him the new king though.

Some of his passes haven't been all that perfect if we are critiquing. But he's been solid obviously. I think some stellar WR play has been a big benefit to him, and nobody seems to be mentioning that part.
                      Yeah. maybe., but guess we'll find out now.

Originally posted by chronical View Post
                      Jesus dude
                      You heard it here first, folks! clicky, lol

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      I think if he was cut tomorrow he would pocket 20 million.
                      I don't think they can cut a payer who has been injured
                      Last edited by yellowstang; 08-28-2016, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• <<<<< will be attending MNF game on 12/26

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                        Here is a hypothetical for yall homers.... Lets say romo is out for 8 weeks. In that time Dak has played really well and the team is siting at 6-2 when romo is available to come back. Do you keep romo benched or let him come back and resume the starting role?
                        Not the resident Cowboy expert, but I would guarantee Romo would resume the starting role.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          Dak finally gets it together years later but is plagued by injuries?
                          No and not wishing that on Dak at all. In that scenario Jerry will find a part of the team to fuck up. Way it looks now with a stud O line and RB, he will find a way to dick up the defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                            Yeah. maybe., but guess we'll find out now.

You heard it here first, folks! clicky, lol

I don't think they can cut a payer who has been injured
                            The way it works is they release him the moment he's cleared. I don't think they would do that, but that's how it would go down.

Comment

• The curse of Nick Foles?
                              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                                I'm about to go get drunk and then I'm coming back and going on a Bitter Jose BAN FEST!

Haterz beware...
                                I did the same thing Saturday when I heard the news that it was a broken bone in his back, was actually driving by The Star when the news came out...
                                Originally posted by Da Prez
                                Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                                Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Working...
                                X