Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
    #2 overall
    I get him and Jake Long confused on who was taken #1. Jake Long was #1.
    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
    Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Restructured Tyron Smith's deal. Not a fan of that move, I hate kicking the can down the road. But it does put them back around $14M in cap space.

Also resigned Hanna. Watch out defenses! Oh, and Mo is back on a 1 yr deal.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        Restructured Tyron Smith's deal. Not a fan of that move, I hate kicking the can down the road. But it does put them back around $14M in cap space.

Also resigned Hanna. Watch out defenses! Oh, and Mo is back on a 1 yr deal.
        So I can't spend a 100k on his college ring no mo?

As for Tyron, that's the Cowboys BAU tactic. Sign a huge contract for a guy and then restructure it in 2-3 years. Romo has been on this plan for years.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          So I can't spend a 100k on his college ring no mo?

As for Tyron, that's the Cowboys BAU tactic. Sign a huge contract for a guy and then restructure it in 2-3 years. Romo has been on this plan for years.
          They've been trying to avoid restructuring Smith, and any other players though. They realize the situation it has put them in, in previous years. It is now an absolute last resort, and almost never on the table per Cowboys brass.

Comment

They've been trying to avoid restructuring Smith, and any other players though. They realize the situation it has put them in, in previous years. It is now an absolute last resort, and almost never on the table per Cowboys brass.
            Who are they restructuring for? Draft picks, and signing back our own guys? I don't think they are looking towards signing anyone of note off the market. They seem to have low balled a few people, but no serious interest. Teams usually pay too much in free agency for anyone decent, so I'm ok with the Cowboys not doing anything. Draft and development are waaaay more important than making a big splash in free agency.
            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
              Who are they restructuring for? Draft picks, and signing back our own guys? I don't think they are looking towards signing anyone of note off the market. They seem to have low balled a few people, but no serious interest. Teams usually pay too much in free agency for anyone decent, so I'm ok with the Cowboys not doing anything. Draft and development are waaaay more important than making a big splash in free agency.
              The problem with that is the Cowboys don't draft or develop well. At least not in the last oh 20 years or so. They miss on guys far more than they hit.

Free agency is a fools game in the NFL. A lot of these guys have monster contract years, benefit from a specific system, or strike lightening in the bottle and then stink after they get their money with a new team.

They still have to make cap space for the incoming rookies.

Comment

They are still looking to add corner depth, d line depth, LB depth, and rushers. Not all in FA are overpaid. Those ridiculous contracts are usually handed out on the first day of free agency, and the Cowboys were silent on day 1.

They made a run at Eric Weddle, which I would have loved. This would allow them to put Byron Jones at CB instead of Safety. Then it wouldn't hurt as much when they cut Carr. He will be a post June 1 cut. Weddle decided on the Ravens, so I think when they got that news is when they restructured Smith. Just my opinion of what I think happened.

Comment

Dammit, Weddle would have been a good pick up. Some of the mock drafts have Bosa to the Boys in 1 and Henry in round II.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

If the Cowboys draft Derrick Henry than they're bigger idiots than previously thought.

A big emphatic fuck that guy. He's gonna bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                      Dammit, Weddle would have been a good pick up. Some of the mock drafts have Bosa to the Boys in 1 and Henry in round II.
                      Weddle is 33 and injury prone. No thanks. Jones is a better safety than corner, they use him a bit in the slot, and against tight ends, but his skill set is better suited for safety.

My money is on Henry bring average at best. I'm not a fan of bosa, I think he is good, but over hyped, not worth a 4th round pick. I wouldn't be upset if they did take him, he is a slight upgrade over tank Lawrence.
                      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Well in case you guys were worried about Mo and his finances.

“I was not aware that my LSU ring from the 2011 season was being auctioned on eBay until I saw a post about it yesterday afternoon on social media. I love LSU and treasure all of my LSU possessions. I would never sell any of my LSU memorabilia as the time I spent on the LSU campus are some of my most special memories. The ring was taken from me without my knowledge and I’ve taken the necessary steps to get it back. I truly apologize to all LSU fans, teammates, coaches and supporters for this unfortunate situation. I am forever an LSU Tiger.”

Comment

Weddle is 33 and injury prone. No thanks. Jones is a better safety than corner, they use him a bit in the slot, and against tight ends, but his skill set is better suited for safety.

My money is on Henry bring average at best. I'm not a fan of bosa, I think he is good, but over hyped, not worth a 4th round pick. I wouldn't be upset if they did take him, he is a slight upgrade over tank Lawrence.
                          I don't know where you get your sports news from, but Weddle isn't 33, he's 31. He also isn't injury prone. Last season was the first time he's missed a game since 2009.

Comment

I don't know where you get your sports news from, but Weddle isn't 33, he's 31. He also isn't injury prone. Last season was the first time he's missed a game since 2009.
                            31, still pretty old for anyone but a qb or kicker.
                            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              Chris Long is a good player, everyone tries compare him to Howie (both boys) but they are not of dads level of play.
                              Patriots picked him up after they traded Chandler Jones to Arizona. Marty B is now a Patriot also.....
                              Originally posted by talisman
                              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                              Originally posted by AdamLX
                              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                              Because fuck you, that's why
                              Originally posted by 80coupe
                              nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                              Originally posted by Rick Modena
                              ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                              Originally posted by Jester
                              Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Cowboys working on a deal with DE Benson Mayowa.
                                Originally posted by talisman
                                I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                                Originally posted by AdamLX
                                If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                                Because fuck you, that's why
                                Originally posted by 80coupe
                                nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                                Originally posted by Rick Modena
                                ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                                Originally posted by Jester
                                Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Working...
                                X