Cowboys 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    Rumor has it the Patrick Robinson deal is done.
    nope, now talking with the colts.
    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
    Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by silverback View Post
      jerry told the media he'd be willing to help manziel get the help he needs off the field...

Ordering that #2 blue and white jersey now!
      m.v.p!!!!! M.v.p!!!!! M.v.p!!!!!!!
      Originally posted by talisman
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      Originally posted by AdamLX
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Because fuck you, that's why
      Originally posted by 80coupe
      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
      Originally posted by Rick Modena
      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

• Robinson has changed his agent.

Comment

• I'd rather see them wait til 2nd or even 3rd round and go after Connor Cook, or Dak Prescott.

Or have another shit year and hope for Chad Kelly out of Ole Miss?

Comment

• I like Wentz but I think he's gone at 4. Even if he wasn't, they were never going QB with that pick anyways. They can't afford to.

I do like Cook in 2nd or 3rd. Out on Prescott.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I like Wentz but I think he's gone at 4. Even if he wasn't, they were never going QB with that pick anyways. They can't afford to.

Didn't he have a DUI incident a week after the combine? Or something like that?

I have liked Cook all along. I think his release is quick.

Comment

I like Wentz but I think he's gone at 4. Even if he wasn't, they were never going QB with that pick anyways. They can't afford to.

I like Prescott as a backup QB, not sure where he fits going forward.

Cook I think could be the developmental guy they want to take over for Romo some day. My only issue is that the Cowboys still have Wade Wilson as the QB coach, and that guy hasn't developed a QB, ever. This is the guy that thought Chad Hutchinson was going to save the world!

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                  I like Prescott as a backup QB, not sure where he fits going forward.

Cook I think could be the developmental guy they want to take over for Romo some day. My only issue is that the Cowboys still have Wade Wilson as the QB coach, and that guy hasn't developed a QB, ever. This is the guy that thought Chad Hutchinson was going to save the world!
                  Cook doesn't need a ton of development, I don't believe. Lots of guys think he's the most NFL ready of the bunch. They do run spread quite a bit, but they also employ an NFL style playbook as well.

Agreed on Wade Wilson.

Comment

Wentz is likely gone but I'd snatch him up if he's there. The problems on defense are too numerous to be resolved with a handful of defensive picks.

The offense on the other hand can be restored to their former 2014 glory with minor work and take pressure off the defense.

1) Romo NEEDS a legitimate backup/replacement. Wentz may not be able to fill his shoes immediately but given some time, he will be a stud. If Romo can play 10-12 games this season, Wentz can drive the bus and grow into a starting role in Romo's absence.

2) Another good wide receiver (though I don't think anyone seems to see this as a need and it hasn't been discussed this off season). Dez is Dez and hopefully he's healthy physically and mentally this year. If he's not, Beasley and Williams cannot act as a legit threat on their own, especially without a legit QB.

3) Another workhorse RB, and I'm OK with Morris on this. I think they showed that they can run with McFadden basically at will, but the passing game needs to stay a legitimate threat to ensure the box isn't stacked every fucking play.

How many holes are there in the defense that need to be filled? 6? 8? 11? A few good players can't turn that shit show around.
                    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

• Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                      Wentz is likely gone but I'd snatch him up if he's there.

You would, Cowboys staff won't though. I wouldn't either. They need an impact player now. You can't afford to burn that pick on a backup QB that is going to ride pine for 3-4 years.

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                      The problems on defense are too numerous to be resolved with a handful of defensive picks.
                      They're not all that bad. Lawrence is an anchor. Thornton will shore up the middle. The biggest questions are the starting opposite end, and starting DB. Scandrick's return will help drastically. Thomas has a lot of promise. Jones was fantastic last season. I'm ok with Carr staying even, just not on the contract he's at now. He's a decent CB, but he is not worth what he is being paid. I think between Thomas and Robinson, one will win out the starting position (if they don't draft Ramsey, that is). Beyond that, they could use a starting LB and depth at LB. Depth guys will be later round picks, or waiver wire adds after teams start cutting down rosters.

2) Another good wide receiver (though I don't think anyone seems to see this as a need and it hasn't been discussed this off season). Dez is Dez and hopefully he's healthy physically and mentally this year. If he's not, Beasley and Williams cannot act as a legit threat on their own, especially without a legit QB.
                      It is absolutely a need, and it's been talked about both on the board and on the sports talk I listen to. They'll take one in the draft.

How many holes are there in the defense that need to be filled? 6? 8? 11? A few good players can't turn that shit show around.

They don't have near that many holes on defense. Beyond that, the entire defensive line is DEEP in this draft.

Comment

You would, Cowboys staff won't though. I wouldn't either. They need an impact player now. You can't afford to burn that pick on a backup QB that is going to ride pine for 3-4 years.
                        They might, they might not. We'll see if he is even there to take. I think they should because Tony is fragile and you need someone that is being developed as a replacement, and if you think Tony's backup/replacement will only ride the pine for the next 3-4 years then you haven't watched the cowboys closely for the last few years. Besides a great franchise QB will do more for this team than any other position in the long term.

Defense is is more of a team effort than offense, so I have less confidence that one A+ player will turn things around for them.

Corners look bad because there is no pass rush. Pass rushers look bad because the receivers are wide open. Linebackers get caught in the middle of a shit scheme based around shit players. You want this team to go back to 2014, then go back to 2014 and shore up the few weak points of the offense.

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        They're not all that bad. Lawrence is an anchor. Thornton will shore up the middle. The biggest questions are the starting opposite end, and starting DB. Scandrick's return will help drastically. Thomas has a lot of promise. Jones was fantastic last season. I'm ok with Carr staying even, just not on the contract he's at now. He's a decent CB, but he is not worth what he is being paid. I think between Thomas and Robinson, one will win out the starting position (if they don't draft Ramsey, that is). Beyond that, they could use a starting LB and depth at LB. Depth guys will be later round picks, or waiver wire adds after teams start cutting down rosters.
                        I'm not saying they are terrible but they are mostly players that would struggle to start on real dominate shut down defense. Jerry saw the Broncos dominate based on a shut down d and seattle do the same two years ago and wants the same. I have no problems with going after better defensive talent but don't think that adding one good DE will turn this team around this year or for years to come. How many times have the Texans picked high on a DE or something and they remain middle to lower tier.

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        It is absolutely a need, and it's been talked about both on the board and on the sports talk I listen to. They'll take one in the draft.

They don't have near that many holes on defense. Beyond that, the entire defensive line is DEEP in this draft.
                        If people have talked about the need for a WR before I missed it. Glad I'm not the only one that sees it.

If the defensive pickings are so numerous thats just more reason not to blow a number 4 pick there. Trade down for multiple picks. They absolutely do have that many holes on defense. They need 2 D-line, at least 1 DE, 1 MLB (for depth), and 1 (or more) corner and maybe 1 safety. Some of this can be patched together in FA but, lets get real, they will blow it.

Fix what you know CAN work and then patch the d as best you can after.
                        1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

• Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                          nope, now talking with the colts.
                          Amd he's now signed with the Colts.
                          Originally posted by talisman
                          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                          Originally posted by AdamLX
                          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          Because fuck you, that's why
                          Originally posted by 80coupe
                          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                          Originally posted by Rick Modena
                          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                          Originally posted by Jester
                          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

• RGIII to Cleveland.

Comment

RGIII to Cleveland.
                              Well, if he wanted to end his career quickly, he picked the right place.

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                                Well, if he wanted to end his career quickly, he picked the right place.
                                $20 bucks says he takes them to the play offs.

Comment

Working...
                                X