Cowboys 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    As the year went on last year, more and more analysts were talking about Jones being a better safety than corner. So we end up with the same rotation for the last 3 years plus another in between guy for safety/corner. That's two years in a row of taking a corner/safety in the first round. I think the team has more pressing needs. I don't like Bosa though, so I can see why they are taking Ramsey.

I am complaining about RB because those players are longshots to succeed long term. McFadden COULD be ok next year, but his record doesn't show it and I do like him. Dunbar really hasn't proven he is a good back IMO. That's another hype guy from the Jerruh machine IMO. Morris is really a has been with something to prove. I hope he can show up, but again, he is not the long term answer.

I dunno, maybe I shouldn't be looking at the RB position as having long term plans. It is very much a plug and play position with a line like this.

None of those RBs are long term and they don't need to be. None of them were brought in to be long term. Morris is on a short deal. McFadden is too. IIRC, Dunbar is a one year deal. Dunbar isn't an all around back, but he is FANTASTIC catching passes out of the backfield, and last season shows just how much we missed having that capability. I don't need Morris to light the world on fire. I need him to pick up the tough yards on 3rd down.

Sturm has Ramsey at THE #1 player on the board. The consensus seems to have him at #1. If you can get that guy at 4, you take him, unless someone offers you something ludicrous. At which point I'd be ok moving back.

Everyone thought taking a bunch of linemen in the first in consecutive drafts was stupid too. And look what it's done for them.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      None of those RBs are long term and they don't need to be. None of them were brought in to be long term. Morris is on a short deal. McFadden is too. IIRC, Dunbar is a one year deal. Dunbar isn't an all around back, but he is FANTASTIC catching passes out of the backfield, and last season shows just how much we missed having that capability. I don't need Morris to light the world on fire. I need him to pick up the tough yards on 3rd down.
      Dunbar is great at catching out of the backfield. Now lets see what happens when defenses know its coming EVERY time he is on the field. It's hard to be a one dimensional player like that and have success. That was kind of the beauty of Murray. He was a runner and an excellent receiver out of the backfield.

Everyone thought taking a bunch of linemen in the first in consecutive drafts was stupid too. And look what it's done for them.
      That is the smartest thing the Cowboys have done. I understood what it could do when they made those picks.

Comment

• I think Dallas wants Lynch enough to trade back into the first round.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
          I think Dallas wants Lynch enough to trade back into the first round.
          I haven't heard a single soul say Dallas is interested in Lynch. All the rumors center around Connor Cook.

Comment

• I've read it all over the place. Search lynch dallas cowboys, you'll get tons of news stories. Just like if you search just about any draft pick there is. One thing I know for sure, is no one knows shit.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              Who? The Cowboys? Trust me, they know exactly what to do. They're taking Ramsey, period, end of story.
              The bolts lost their shut down corner and top safety to FA. I can easily see them taking Ramsey and so do a lot of analyst. The question is who the cowboys take if he's not there. Most think they will take Bosa over Buckner. I bet they take Bosa. Hell, they might take him even if Ramsey is there. He's a top a ten player and they are DESPERATE for a DE.

Comment

• We are desperate for a DE...

Comment

• but Bosa isn't the DE they need

Comment

I've read it all over the place. Search lynch dallas cowboys, you'll get tons of news stories. Just like if you search just about any draft pick there is. One thing I know for sure, is no one knows shit.
                    If you only read national media, you'd think we are for sure taking bosa. I haven't heard from any of the local guys except for Brian brodus, that anyone thinks the boys should take lynch. I bet they don't touch a qb until the 3rd or later. There are a lot of people thinking the boys want to trade back, or if they stay at 4, trade back into the 1st with their 2nd and 3rd. I think they take Ramsey if he is there, or maybe Elliot if they don't trade back. If they take Elliot with the 4, I bet they try hard to get back into the first and take a pass rusher. If they take Ramsey, I bet they try to get back into the first and take a wide receiver. My money is on the boys moving around in the draft a bit.
                    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• The Chargers have so many holes right now, it's tough to predict what they are going to do.

They need Offensive Line, Defensive Line, Safety and Tight End according to most of the analysis.

Comment

We are desperate for a DE...
                        We are.

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                        but Bosa isn't the DE they need
                        Mother fucking bingo. Just another DE that is going to get suspended. What good does that do us?

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                        If you only read national media, you'd think we are for sure taking bosa. I haven't heard from any of the local guys except for Brian brodus, that anyone thinks the boys should take lynch. I bet they don't touch a qb until the 3rd or later. There are a lot of people thinking the boys want to trade back, or if they stay at 4, trade back into the 1st with their 2nd and 3rd. I think they take Ramsey if he is there, or maybe Elliot if they don't trade back. If they take Elliot with the 4, I bet they try hard to get back into the first and take a pass rusher. If they take Ramsey, I bet they try to get back into the first and take a wide receiver. My money is on the boys moving around in the draft a bit.
                        National guys are wrong ALL the time, which is why I put zero weight on anything they say. They have no credibility. Look at Mel Kiper. He's wrong more than the weatherman yet people keep listening to that clown. He's a moron, and doesn't know shit. That's pretty amazing considering how long he's been doing this. No way in hell they take Elliot at 4.

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                        The Chargers have so many holes right now, it's tough to predict what they are going to do.

They need Offensive Line, Defensive Line, Safety and Tight End according to most of the analysis.

Exactly.

Comment

• any trade rumors coming out yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            any trade rumors coming out yet?
                            Not that I've heard yet.

Comment

• Mayock on Cowherd now saying Zeke at 4. Lol.

Comment

• IMO, that would be a reach even though a lot of folks think the boys will do it. I wouldn't mind them trading back into the top 15 and then grabbing him. However, I prefer them grabbing the CB Hargreaves if Ramsey is not available at 4 and they do trade back. Also, I would consider grabbing QB Cook with my 2nd round pick if Lynch doesn't fall. The draft is loaded with DT's so they might look to fill some of the specialty positions in the early rounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X