No announcement yet.

Cowboys 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At 4 They could have traded back, got a few extra picks and still picked up Elliot lower in the first.... Not that you need a forth running back...

Stupid fucking Jerry.
    Last edited by Torinoman; 04-29-2016, 06:02 AM.
    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

• Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
      Because Elliot was far and away the best running back in this class.
      Still not a first round pick, and only a window licking retard would have taken him at 4. Cue up you and Jerry Jones.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        Still not a first round pick, and only a window licking retard would have taken him at 4. Cue up you and Jerry Jones.
        Hey, at least he isn't playing for another team in the division!

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          Hey, at least he isn't playing for another team in the division!
          I was very happy to see NY whiff and take Apple. I was concerned we were going to be facing another tough WR opposite OBJ 2-3x per year, with No DBs to cover them.

Comment

• Well, lets just hope the theory of Elliot keeping our time of possession high and keeping this terrible D off the field.

That or they outscore the shit out of everybody!

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              Well, lets just hope the theory of Elliot keeping our time of possession high and keeping this terrible D off the field.

That or they outscore the shit out of everybody!
              You can't outscore a defense like Carolina or Denver. Sure, you can run this weak division with weak teams and defenses. But come playoff time - good luck.

Comment

• IMO, this is similar to the Frederick pick where they grabbed him too early. Not a bad player but we could have possibly gotten more value for our pick. I can only assume nobody wanted to deal with them and they felt Zeke wouldn't get by the bears and giants at pick 9 and 10. I really believe now that Jerry was shooting for Bosa and didn't have any interest in Ramsey.

Going into the 2nd round I hope we grab either Dodd or Spence at DE. I know they tried to trade up for Lynch so I hope they shoot for the kid out of Penn St. in the later rounds.

Tunsil Celebrating 420

Last edited by CJ-95GT; 04-29-2016, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• They tried to trade up to get Paxton Lynch, and realized they screwed up when they found out what Denver paid to get Lynch.

Comment

• If they had traded down they could have used a few of those picks to trade up and get lynch too....

The mismanagement just gets worse and worse
                    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

• IMO, Lynch was a reach for the 1st round anyway and was not worth the coin to sit on the bench. I wouldn't mind taking Cook in the 3rd if he gets by the Niners and Jets in the 2nd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                        At 4 They could have traded back, got a few extra picks and still picked up Elliot lower in the first.... Not that you need a forth running back...

Stupid fucking Jerry.
                        You have to find someone that wants to trade up first, I watched the whole press conference with Jerry last night and only one team wanted to trade back with them, and that team wanted Elliott(Miami). It would have been nice to get a few extra picks, but you have to find a willing partner, I think tunsils slide kinda got things out of whack a bit.

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        You might disagree, and he could turn out to be a bust, it happens, but he most certainly would have been gone in the top 13 at the latest. I honestly think he helps the team the most right now, and first round picks get a 5th year option. 5 years at a bargain for a top running back is a smart move. The rbs we have now, are all on one year deals. I think Ramsey would have been my pick, but he is a project at corner, and only a slight upgrade over jones at safety. With your 1st round pick, especially early 1st round, you want an immediate impact starter.not someone (Ramsey) who probably can't beat out Carr or scandrick for a starting job. There is still plenty of talent left in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I hope we don't take a qb this year. The qb class is terrible, we need to wait until next year. Load up on solid defensive depth.
                        ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• Miami wasn't the only team trying to move up. Baltimore wanted the #4 pick to take Ramsey and Jerry wouldn't budge.

It's all over radio this morning.

Had they been able to move back in to the first round Lynch would have been a great pick.

Ramsey is an immediate starter.

You're nuts. That is all.

Comment

Miami wasn't the only team trying to move up. Baltimore wanted the #4 pick to take Ramsey and Jerry wouldn't budge.

It's all over radio this morning.

Had they been able to move back in to the first round Lynch would have been a great pick.

You're nuts. That is all.
                            They could have wanted too much from the cowboys. We don't know. But if the Cowboys scouts had him at the top of their board and he was there for the 4th pick, I don't have a problem with them taking him. They have done excellent in the last few drafts. I remember a few years ago when we had miles austin coming off a 1000 yard season and a few other good wide receivers and people bitched about taking dez.
                            I would have gone the Browns route and tried to stack as many later round picks as possible, but I'm not upset to have a stud running back in the least. They tried to get back in and get lynch, it just didn't work out, and I'm ok with that. There are still starting caliber players on the board, and they have all their picks.
                            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

They need a corner, Ramsey is a safety, that's what he is best suited to play. If they can keep the defense off the field and make some teams play from behind, like they did in 14, then elliot will help the defense more than Ramsey would have, this year!
                              ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• So lets just straighten one thing out right now, because we are all going to be talking about this guy for a few years.

Elliott is spelled with two T's assholes.

Comment

Working...
                                X