Rangers 2011 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mustang_marc View Post
    Yes and no on the spot start. Yes, it was a spot start, but not for your reasons. Colby Lewis was supposed to pitch today, but he was out of town with his wife who just gave birth to their 2nd child.
    Gotcha. I remember hearing that now that you mention it.

Comment

• Yesterday, they just stranded too many runners ..

Had their chances to get a win in last two games, didn't .

"That's the way baseball go"

Comment

• Off topic, but dang I must be getting old. Pete Rose turns 70 today.
        Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

• Originally posted by mustang_marc View Post
          Off topic, but dang I must be getting old. Pete Rose turns 70 today.
          Quien es Pete Rose?

Comment

• HBD Pete !

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              Quien es Pete Rose?
              All-time hits leader.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
                All-time hits leader.
                Oh, so he is in the hall of fame, like the all-time home run leader will be?

Comment

Pete Rose has a better chance of getting into the HOF than Barry Bonds.
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Rose agreed to the ban and ineligibility, there wasn't any reason to fight it since he was guilty. He can't prove he didn't bet against the Reds without incriminating his bookie. What he did was immoral and degraded the game of baseball. Others have worse but luckily for them they didn't play or work for Marge Schott. If he managed any other team the whole deal would have been swept under the rug but since it was the Reds MLB made an example out of him.

Bonds has never admitted to cheating or breaking any kind of MLB rules. We all know he used HGH, it's obvious and we all know he had some kind of help otherwise as well. The thing is though everything he did was before the MLB had rules against doing them, by the rules he wasn't cheating. He'd be a candidate for the hall based on his pre 1998 numbers anyways. He was an 8 time gold glover, 7 time all star and 4 time silver slugger before his amazing growth spurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
                      Perez and Sheppers are the only two top 50 ranked players they have right now.

Chris Hanna (11th round pick out of high school last year) murdered A ball hitters last year, pretty impressive for a 19 year old. He was in spring training and has enough talent to play AAA ball this year.

Kasey Kiker is still in the organization as well, he's still a decent prospect.

They have more than pitching though. Chad Tracy, Engel Beltre and Craig Gentry will probably all be in the majors this season.

Is Hanna the catcher? I remember them signing some badass catcher out of highshcool, but can't remember what year that was.

Comment

• Originally posted by BERT View Post
                        Is Hanna the catcher? I remember them signing some badass catcher out of highshcool, but can't remember what year that was.
                        Nope, a pitcher. You're probably thinking about some damned Canadian named Kellen Deglan. Either that or you're really confused and thinking about Bryce Harper, who'll be rushed to the majors and flop just like Strasburg by a team starving for talent (Nationals).

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
                          Nope, a pitcher. You're probably thinking about some damned Canadian named Kellen Deglan. Either that or you're really confused and thinking about Bryce Harper, who'll be rushed to the majors and flop just like Strasburg by a team starving for talent (Nationals).

LOL, i know who Harper is with the Nationals. The canadian was who i was thinking about. Thank you

Comment

• Time to right the ship against the fuckin' Yankees. I know dropping two games in a row isn't a huge deal, but does seem a bit out of character compared to the first two weeks.
                            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

• They're not looking so bad tonight, but I'm also having to watch a fucking gamecast; fuck these games on TXA!

Harrison cruising through 5 innings, 73 pitches and no earned runs. Offense has put up runs, but it's been against some weak pitching.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                                They're not looking so bad tonight, but I'm also having to watch a fucking gamecast; fuck these games on TXA!

Harrison cruising through 5 innings, 73 pitches and no earned runs. Offense has put up runs, but it's been against some weak pitching.
                                I think Nova had something like a 6.0 ERA going into this game. It ain't getting any better after tonight, either.

Comment

Working...
                                X