No announcement yet.

Rangers 2011 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rangers lead is gonna be short lived at this pace...
    Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

• Originally posted by mustang_marc View Post
      Rangers lead is gonna be short lived at this pace...
      What lead?

Comment

• It's April 13th and I'm already sick of watching Kinsler hit pop-ups in situations where a single is all the Rangers need.

Comment

• And Oliver blows another game.

Comment

• That sucks...

Comment

• So why is Lowe still pitching in the majors? I like that he's local but come on man, he gave up 5 earned runs in the world series and 4 earned runs this year in 3 innings. Bring upTateyama!

Comment

• Who was this bush kid pitching? Please don't tell me their starting rotation is already compromised. Dropping two games in a row isn't bad -- it will happen again. We match up well with the tigers. Hamilton's injury won't be a huge deal. Maybe drop 6 in the span he is out simply because. He is out. Probably less.
                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                  And Oliver blows another game.
                  Why is he even an option this year? I thought he wore out his welcome last year.

This also begs the question, for a team with "such a strong farm system", why the fuck do we have such a shitty pitching staff? Everyone wants to talk about all these prospects all the time, where the hell are they?
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    Why is he even an option this year? I thought he wore out his welcome last year.

This also begs the question, for a team with "such a strong farm system", why the fuck do we have such a shitty pitching staff? Everyone wants to talk about all these prospects all the time, where the hell are they?
                    Prospecting.

Seriously though, they have to be babying the guys in triple A. I am sure we are going to start seeing different arms coming up as the next few months go along.

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post

Seriously though, they have to be babying the guys in triple A.

Well I know that.... But everyone wants to talk about how great this team is, and it all boils down to the prospects in the farm system. They've been talking about this farm system for 4 or 5 seasons now. So it makes me wonder, where the hell these prospects are, and why none have moved up. I know pitchers take much longer to get to the majors than any other position, but damn. The Cliff Lee deal really fucked up the pitching staff. But I guess that's what happens when you put all your eggs in one basket.

Comment

Well I know that.... But everyone wants to talk about how great this team is, and it all boils down to the prospects in the farm system. They've been talking about this farm system for 4 or 5 seasons now. So it makes me wonder, where the hell these prospects are, and why none have moved up. I know pitchers take much longer to get to the majors than any other position, but damn. The Cliff Lee deal really fucked up the pitching staff. But I guess that's what happens when you put all your eggs in one basket.
                        Sheppers is hurt and Hurley hasn't been real hot this season yet. Strop and Tobin look pretty good though, they were both in the farm system last year. Martin Perez got shelled this week.

The good news is that Webb is nearly ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                          Who was this bush kid pitching? Please don't tell me their starting rotation is already compromised. Dropping two games in a row isn't bad -- it will happen again. We match up well with the tigers. Hamilton's injury won't be a huge deal. Maybe drop 6 in the span he is out simply because. He is out. Probably less.
                          Spot start. That was their 6th game in 6 days and I don't think Wash wanted to burn a starter before the NY series. It also gave him a chance to look at some younger pitching; Bush actually didn't do a bad job.

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          Harrison, Holland, Ogando? Feliz, Wilson? Exsqueeze me? Baking powder? There's not a team in the majors that, quite literally, wouldn't commit murder to have that many prospects turn out that well.

And let me know what Beavan, Lueke and whoever the fuck the third arm in that trade was are doing. That trade didn't do shit to the pitching staff.
                          Last edited by Slowhand; 04-13-2011, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                            Spot start. That was their 6th game in 6 days and I don't think Wash wanted to burn a starter before the NY series. It also gave him a chance to look at some younger pitching; Bush actually didn't do a bad job.

Harrison, Holland, Ogando? Feliz, Wilson? Exsqueeze me? Baking powder? There's not a team in the majors that, quite literally, wouldn't commit murder to have that many prospects turn out that well.

And let me know what Beavan, Lueke and whoever the fuck the third arm in that trade was are doing. That trade didn't do shit to the pitching staff.

I havent seen what Holland has done this season. I have no problem with Ogando, Feliz, or Wilson, but you act as if this is their first year in the majors and it isn't.

I'm not talking about the trade genius. I'm referring to him going to Philly.

Comment

• Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but when you're in the majors you're no longer a part of the farm system.

Comment

I havent seen what Holland has done this season. I have no problem with Ogando, Feliz, or Wilson, but you act as if this is their first year in the majors and it isn't.

I'm not talking about the trade genius. I'm referring to him going to Philly.

The pitcher staff was doing just fine before Lee joined the club. Would they have gotten out of the first round of the playoffs without Lee last year? No. But then again, they weren't supposed to make the playoffs last year. John Daniels and Nolan Ryan's goals are long term, not short term.

You have to have patience, bcoop. They didn't trade away their best pitchers in the minors. I think we see at least two of them before seasons end

Comment

Working...
                                X