Rangers 2011 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
    Beltre no longer impresses me. Quit with the fucking down on one knee swings, and quit with the shitty defense.
    So I'm not the only one? This is what I was afraid of when they made that trade.

Comment

• I like what one of the broadcasters said on the TV broadcast tonight - fielding percentage is a deceptive stat because it doesn't always tell you when a guy makes a bad play or doesn't make a play he should make (such as booting a DP ball and getting a FC instead of the DP). And the dropping to one knee on a swing is just ridiculous.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Beltre no longer impresses me. Quit with the fucking down on one knee swings, and quit with the shitty defense.
        I made a post similiar to this a few years ago about Jayson Werth. The one knee shit is one of the most annoying things to watch.

Comment

I like what one of the broadcasters said on the TV broadcast tonight - fielding percentage is a deceptive stat because it doesn't always tell you when a guy makes a bad play or doesn't make a play he should make (such as booting a DP ball and getting a FC instead of the DP). And the dropping to one knee on a swing is just ridiculous.
          GREAT point. Errors are such a judgement call, too. A home "scorer" can rule a hit on about anything that's not a blatant error. When he does that (lets an error go) it can really affect the pitchers' stats in the ERA column.

The bats really came out. I guess Kinsler will stay in the lead-off spot, but damn...

Comment

• Goddamn. Has Ogando pitched a bad game yet this year? I dont remember. He pretty much threw this one in the shitter in one inning.
            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

• Cruz can kiss my ass in RF. 6-5 KC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                Cruz can kiss my ass in RF. 6-5 KC.
                Take out his error and that runner still scores from second base 9 out of 10 times.
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Was napoli safe or out? Looks like it could have gone either way depending on the angle. Good turn of events in the last inning though!
                  How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Take out his error and that runner still scores from second base 9 out of 10 times.
                    90% from 2nd? LOL. The next batter hit it to left, and a runner on second would not have advanced. Please explain that. He's a butcher. Moreland had an infield error. Cruz "snow-coned" a routine fly ball (the 3rd out) right after that . At least Cruz redeemed himself with the RBI. Of course, he was hitting about .215, so he was about due.
                    Last edited by Vertnut; 05-29-2011, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                      Was napoli safe or out? Looks like it could have gone either way depending on the angle. Good turn of events in the last inning though!
                      He was safe. Really poor play by the catcher. It looked like he thought Napoli was going in high to run him over. Oops...

Comment

90% from 2nd? LOL. The next batter hit it to left, and a runner on second would not have advanced. Please explain that. He's a butcher. Moreland had an infield error. Cruz "snow-coned" a routine fly ball (the 3rd out) right after that .
                        With a runner on second, Escobar lays down a sacrifice bunt, and he scores either on Gordon's sacrifice fly or Moreland's error.
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

With a runner on second, Escobar lays down a sacrifice bunt, and he scores either on Gordon's sacrifice fly or Moreland's error.
                          I agree it's "likely", but situations change on the field on every pitch or batter. I'm really not trying to be argumentative. This team has 43 errors already, which extrapolates out to 130+. That's just ludicrous for a team of their supposed talent.
                          Last edited by Vertnut; 05-30-2011, 04:53 AM.

Comment

• Back to back HR's in the 3rd.

Comment

• Moreland just tore their shit down, too.

Comment

Moreland just tore their shit down, too.
                                This has been a brutal game. I can't believe it's only in the 4th!

Comment

Working...
                                X