Big 12 Spring Football talk [2011]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big 12 Spring Football talk [2011]

Spring Football is here.. post whatever you want thats related to big 12 football.

Of course mine will be OU related...

Unofficial* OU 2011 Football Schedule
    Sept. 3 Tulsa TBA
    Sept. 10 OPEN TBA
    Sept. 17 at Florida State TBA
    Sept. 24 Missouri TBA
    Oct. 1 Ball State TBA
    Oct. 8 Texas TBA
    Oct. 15 at Kansas TBA
    Oct. 22 Texas Tech TBA
    Oct. 29 at Kansas State TBA
    Nov. 5 Texas A&M TBA
    Nov. 12 Iowa State TBA
    Nov. 19 at Baylor TBA
    Nov. 26 at Oklahoma State TBA

- Safety Kevin Brent has transferred, CB Aaron Colvin has moved to SS, RT Jarvis Jones injured (out supposedly till october) , Brennan Clay starting at RB..for now
    Originally posted by 03trubluGT
    Your opinion is what sucks.
    You are too stupied and arrogant

Cant wait til Oct 8th!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hookem06 View Post
      Cant wait til Oct 8th!!!

Hell, i'll take this Sunday lol

Comment

And rumors have it that Conner Wood is looking very good so far. RsFr Shead is looking good at RB but hurt a hamstring. Jordan Hicks out for spring cause of a fractured foot.

Can't wait to see a "new" offense in the spring game. Wondering how vanilla it will be though.

Comment

Texas Longhorns update

1. Our offense will look better based on the fact that we won't have a complete fucktard running it. QB play won't be a strong point. I don't know how any of you can believe that comment. We have arguably the worst QB in all of college football from last year and a RS FR who has never taken a DI snap. Yes they have improved, but being a strong point is stretching it. If anything, our OC will scheme around our QBs and make them look better than they are. Our QBs will go from atrocious to serviceable/decent... not a fucking strong point.

2. Our o-line looks much better but there are serious depth issues. Those guys coming in the fall aren't going to solve ANY of those issues. One or two injuries and we're going to look like ou's oline in 2009. I don't remember a single season where we didn't lose one or two guys through out the year, so you don't have to be a genius to realize that we're going to struggle at the spot with injuries and depth problems.

3. Byndom and Phillips are coming along. Well no shit. However, they are 2 inexperienced corners and both will be starting. Can any of you remember the last time we started 2 inexperienced corners and did well in the secondary? Their backups are all true FR. Let's combine that with STILL HAVING NO SPEED at safety. I'm also glad our only 2 options for the nickel package are start 3 first year corners (Byndom, Phillips, Diggs, Vaccaro, Gideon), or have more slow speed on defense ( Byndom, Phillips, Vaccarro, Scott, Gideon). This is going to be a position that will struggle the most, but will also be the position that will have the most improvement at the end of the year.

4. As far as I'm concerned... Fozzy is still made out of glass and CJ is still a situational/4th quarter back. Brown and Shead living to their hype and potential are the only way our RB unit will look great. I'll wait till we see Brown in uniform before I judge this position.

5. Our DL will be much improved... especially in pass rushing situations. The younger DTs are getting better everyday, but they are still way behind Randall and what we need next to him. The good news is that this position should be good and we have plenty of depth (although lots of it still out of shape). An injury to Randall and we will look like last year. As far as the DEs... we've got amazing pass rushers. But they all need lots of work as far as defending the running game.

6. Our LBs will be amazing. I agree with that.

7. Our WRs will be amazing. I agree with that.

8. In a scheme where the TE position is crucial, it sucks that we are lacking big time at this spot. We still have NO ONE at TE. It amazes me how we haven't recruited a single true TE since Irby. We recruited guys that either cannot catch, or too many fucking tweener WRs. This is still the weakest position on this team.

So in short.

QB- okay
          RB- okay to good
          WR- great
          TE- abortion
          OL- okay to abortion
          DE- good
          DT- good
          LB- great
          DB- okay to abortion.

Best bet is that this team will be 8-4. At worst 7-5 and at best 9-3.

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
            And rumors have it that Conner Wood is looking very good so far. RsFr Shead is looking good at RB but hurt a hamstring. Jordan Hicks out for spring cause of a fractured foot.

Can't wait to see a "new" offense in the spring game. Wondering how vanilla it will be though.
            What are you expectations at QB for UT?

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
              Texas Longhorns update

1. Our offense will look better based on the fact that we won't have a complete fucktard running it. QB play won't be a strong point. I don't know how any of you can believe that comment. We have arguably the worst QB in all of college football from last year and a RS FR who has never taken a DI snap. Yes they have improved, but being a strong point is stretching it. If anything, our OC will scheme around our QBs and make them look better than they are. Our QBs will go from atrocious to serviceable/decent... not a fucking strong point.

2. Our o-line looks much better but there are serious depth issues. Those guys coming in the fall aren't going to solve ANY of those issues. One or two injuries and we're going to look like ou's oline in 2009. I don't remember a single season where we didn't lose one or two guys through out the year, so you don't have to be a genius to realize that we're going to struggle at the spot with injuries and depth problems.

3. Byndom and Phillips are coming along. Well no shit. However, they are 2 inexperienced corners and both will be starting. Can any of you remember the last time we started 2 inexperienced corners and did well in the secondary? Their backups are all true FR. Let's combine that with STILL HAVING NO SPEED at safety. I'm also glad our only 2 options for the nickel package are start 3 first year corners (Byndom, Phillips, Diggs, Vaccaro, Gideon), or have more slow speed on defense ( Byndom, Phillips, Vaccarro, Scott, Gideon). This is going to be a position that will struggle the most, but will also be the position that will have the most improvement at the end of the year.

4. As far as I'm concerned... Fozzy is still made out of glass and CJ is still a situational/4th quarter back. Brown and Shead living to their hype and potential are the only way our RB unit will look great. I'll wait till we see Brown in uniform before I judge this position.

5. Our DL will be much improved... especially in pass rushing situations. The younger DTs are getting better everyday, but they are still way behind Randall and what we need next to him. The good news is that this position should be good and we have plenty of depth (although lots of it still out of shape). An injury to Randall and we will look like last year. As far as the DEs... we've got amazing pass rushers. But they all need lots of work as far as defending the running game.

6. Our LBs will be amazing. I agree with that.

7. Our WRs will be amazing. I agree with that.

8. In a scheme where the TE position is crucial, it sucks that we are lacking big time at this spot. We still have NO ONE at TE. It amazes me how we haven't recruited a single true TE since Irby. We recruited guys that either cannot catch, or too many fucking tweener WRs. This is still the weakest position on this team.

So in short.

QB- okay
              RB- okay to good
              WR- great
              TE- abortion
              OL- okay to abortion
              DE- good
              DT- good
              LB- great
              DB- okay to abortion.

Best bet is that this team will be 8-4. At worst 7-5 and at best 9-3.

Who brought the good news bear? Some one should give him some fucking honey. And who is saying the QB position is going to be a strong position?

Did you watch the WR's last year? If so, what makes you think they are going to be great? Unless they learn how to block downfield and run proper routes, it's going to be the same shit from them again.

I think 8-4 will be a good start for the new coaching staff

Comment

Originally posted by unkoricky View Post

Not alot of turnovers, that's all I expect. Also more consistentsy from whoever the QB is. If it's Gilbert, I don't expect to see the same person this year that we all saw last season.

If things aren't going well to start the season I would say that changes will be made soon. But I'm sure in true Mack fashion, changes won't be made until AFTER the OU game

Comment

Who's the Red Shirt Freshman for UT? McCoy 2.0 took snaps last year. He's a sophomore.
                  "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by unkoricky View Post
                    Don't get me started. Bert knows where I'm coming from. Gilbert has to prove to me that he's a "winner". So far, I've seen nothing resembling that...at all. He's a junior next season, so it's time to "go big or go bust".

As usual, I love 'em just the same, so everyone can kiss my burnt orange ass!

Comment

Blake Bell (RS Freshmen QB) has looked sloppy... kinda expected it and he's gonna be a project with tons of potential. He could be the starter in a couple of years.

I hope Landry Jones can keep getting better.. i'm looking forward to seeing a lot of the young WRs stepping up this season. Justin McCay could be a future star here.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                        Who's the Red Shirt Freshman for UT? McCoy 2.0 took snaps last year. He's a sophomore.

Conner Wood

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                          Don't get me started. Bert knows where I'm coming from. Gilbert has to prove to me that he's a "winner". So far, I've seen nothing resembling that...at all. He's a junior next season, so it's time to "go big or go bust".

As usual, I love 'em just the same, so everyone can kiss my burnt orange ass!

I do?

Comment

here is some news on the offense

my favorite part is that they actually have TE's!!!! Unless they all get hurt again

Comment

FX to broadcast games

NEW YORK (AP) -- Cable channel FX will broadcast a weekly college football game during the coming season.

The Fox-owned network said Monday it would air at least 13 games involving teams from the Big 12, Pac-12 and Conference USA.

FX is available in more than 99 million homes. The channel has shown other sports in the past, including Major League Baseball and NASCAR.

Comment

Working...
                              X