Saw where DGB stopped by for a visit in Norman

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
      Saw where DGB stopped by for a visit in Norman

Reports have it he'll be in Austin today for an unofficial

Comment

Now some QB rumblings

Comment

2 recruting analyst thinking its between ou and alabama for Dorial Green-Beckham.

Doesnt mean much.. but man this guy would have me cheesing for a while.
          Originally posted by 03trubluGT
          Your opinion is what sucks.
          You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

no Gunner Kiel though..

Dual threat and now former Texas A&M commit, Trevor Knight, has officially switched his commitment to the Oklahoma Sooners. And with that news, it would appear that OU is now officially out of the Gunner Kiel sweepstakes. So now that we can all move on from Kiel, it's time to get excited about the young man who has chosen to become a Sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by unkoricky View Post

Saw that and found this on hornfans:

the word some weeks ago from the sooners was that dorial green-beckham and top qb gunner kiel were very seriously considering playing together, and it looked to be rapidly coming to a head between their going to oklahoma, alabama, or (a weaker maybe) to indiana.

there was a surprise last-minute visit of dorial and his family to norman, almost immediately followed by a visit to norman by kiel and maybe his family, too. i mean it looked like a firm decision was close and they wanted a last look at ou to be sure.

then came the word that dorial and his family wanted to see us and soon if not sooner. it was almost breathtaking to go from being a faint consideration to having them on campus in what seemed to be no time at all. not that that meant all that much concerning us, but just that it, here again, looked like they wanted to get the i's dotted right away and settle this thing.

they really liked what they saw here, apparently, and now we're hearing the beckhams aren't planning to make any decisions until they can see how some programs they are interested in perform under some new coaching. not just us but others also.

ou was still hopeful for the kiel/dg-b package until today, i think, but with their winking at trevor and saying "c'mon, big boy," ou has signaled that the kiel sweepstakes is apparently over for them. and with it goes their kiel/dg-b package.

now, this doesn't mean that dorial is not considering ou anymore. just that the big attraction of teaming with kiel there is no longer a factor, it appears. in other words, ou's position might have taken something of a hit, and if so, it probably means the possibility of teaming with kiel at bama, the possibility of coming here, and that of going to mizzou just went up a bit.

this trevor knight to ou story has some importance to us beyond a good qb changing where we are going to have to beat him.

Comment

he added this:

forgot. i read recently that the beckhams are also considering the piggies at fayetteville, so we can speculate that their odds may have just gone up a bit, too.

update:

over on the sooner boards the speculation is that indiana may get kiel. indiana is his home state. that may be wishful thinking since the sooners don't want to see bama get him, and also indiana is coached now by an ex-ou coach.

a couple of moderators (i think) say they don't think ou got bad news but just that they weren't confident and didn't want to be left with nobody if this drags out. if so, then i don't imagine kiel is leaning very strongly any direction right now, though he might soon if he wasn't expecting the sooners to bolt. he won't want to be left holding the bag either.

i also wonder if this means that indiana is a potential home for dorial if kiel goes there. the sooners don't seem to want to speculate on dorial other than his bopping down to norman. but this could be one of the schools that the beckhams want to see how the new coaching goes.

Comment

That came from hornfans, so take it for what it's worth

Comment

Looks like Kiel commited to Indiana. Nice pick up by Kevin Wilson.

Comment

Mack Brown says WR Malcolm Williams is done with football at Texas because of family matters.
                      Mack Brown addressed the media Thursday afternoon, in advance of the Longhorns opening up fall practices Friday morning.

He began with some roster updates:

First, the Longhorns have lost their only senior wide receiver on the roster. Malcolm Williams, who missed time this spring to deal with personal issues, will not play this year because of continued personal and family problems.

Brown wouldn’t go into specifics, but said he and Williams met Thursday morning, when the decision was made.

“I told him (this spring) just to slow down and made sure he took his time,” Brown said. “He’s been an outstanding player for us, and has done everything we’ve asked him to do.

“He’s had some tough things happen that would be tough for all of us, that got tougher in the summer. He was planning on playing, but some more things popped up. This morning, we talked. I want what’s best for him. I wish him well.”

The loss of Williams further thins Texas’ receiving corps, which has already lost sophomore Greg Timmons, who left the program this summer, and junior Marquise Goodwin, who’s skipping football this fall to concentrate on track and field.

What’s left at receiver? Texas’ best wideouts, in order, are Mike Davis … followed by several unknowns and unprovens: junior DeSean Hale, sophomore Darius White, redshirt freshmen John Harris and Chris Jones, and incoming freshmen Jaxon Shipley and Miles Onyegbule.

Comment

The players move in AND practice starts today. FINALLY getting close

Comment

The only thing i'm going to miss about Williams being gone is seeing how he would've done in Harsin's offense as an Hback/Flext TE. I think he would've done well in that spot. I feel sorry for the young man.

Comment

OU LB Travis Lewis out for 2 months Big Blow to the defense.

Oklahoma defensive captain and leading tackler Travis Lewis will miss up to eight weeks with a broken bone in his left foot, leaving the Sooners without one of their best defensive player for a few crucial early season games.

Athletic trainer Scott Anderson said Tuesday that Lewis' injury will not require surgery, and will be treated with rest and immobilization. Lewis, chosen as the Big 12's preseason defensive player of the year by the media, was injured Monday during Oklahoma's first practice in pads of training camp

Comment

Originally posted by unkoricky View Post
                              OU LB Travis Lewis out for 2 months Big Blow to the defense.

Saw this. Well, that makes the FSU game more interesting now. Y'all should have three soph. playing LB now

Comment

and now Ronnell Lewis might be ineligible.

Thats 3 starters

DE: Ronnell Lewis
                                LB: Travis Lewis and Box (RIP)

Comment

Working...
                                X