No announcement yet.

Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't seen a mention for Cattle - Ack in Addison. It's only open for lunch Thursdays and Fridays but it's a whole lot better than many other chains.

I can remember when Lockhart opened in Bishop Arts! It sucked. No sauces, and the neckbeard was slicing brisket WITH the grain. Yes WITH the grain. Thank goodness they have gotten their act together somewhat but I'm still scarred by my first visit there. They have sauce now and now know how to slice the meat. They definitely have the right gear.

Also did anyone mention 10 50 in Richardson? It was opened by the guy that founded the Chili's chain. While it's not perfect they do a lot of things right and have a nice selection of sides and beverages.

Luling City Market? Great meat.... shitty sides though and that pisses me off. It's been rated top 5 in the state by many lists. Great meat.... heavenly meat..... sides nope.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post

I can remember when Lockhart opened in Bishop Arts! It sucked. No sauces, and the neckbeard was slicing brisket WITH the grain. Yes WITH the grain. Thank goodness they have gotten their act together somewhat but I'm still scarred by my first visit there. They have sauce now and now know how to slice the meat. They definitely have the right gear.

Good BBQ doesn't need sauce. That is Yankee bullshit.

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
      Also did anyone mention 10 50 in Richardson? It was opened by the guy that founded the Chili's chain. While it's not perfect they do a lot of things right and have a nice selection of sides and beverages.
      I have not been personally, but all I've heard from people whose opinion's I respect highly is that 1050 is shit. There are more than a few on here that agree. When the consensus is that it sucks a bag of dicks, I won't waste my time.

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
      Luling City Market? Great meat.... shitty sides though and that pisses me off. It's been rated top 5 in the state by many lists. Great meat.... heavenly meat..... sides nope.
      I'll admit I'm guilty of this on occasion.... BUT - If you're judging a BBQ place on sides - you don't get it.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I haven't seen a mention for Cattle - Ack in Addison. It's only open for lunch Thursdays and Fridays but it's a whole lot better than many other chains.

I had the same review about Lockhart in Bishop not to long after they opened. I went there twice within a couple of months just to make sure it wasn't opening pangs that got me the first time. Sausage was pretty good but the brisket was only "OK". Can't say that I remember them cutting with the grain though. I've gone there maybe three times in the past 6 months and it's been pretty consistent now. I never got why people have to have BBQ sauce though. To me the only need for sauce is to cover up bad BBQ. I like to taste the meat not the sauce. Leave that for Memphis and other parts of the country's BBQ but not Texas. Lockhart in BA is probably like ten minutes from me and the only reason I don't go there more often is that the parking sucks down there..

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
          I had the same review about Lockhart in Bishop not to long after they opened. I went there twice within a couple of months just to make sure it wasn't opening pangs that got me the first time. Sausage was pretty good but the brisket was only "OK". Can't say that I remember them cutting with the grain though. I've gone there maybe three times in the past 6 months and it's been pretty consistent now. I never got why people have to have BBQ sauce though. To me the only need for sauce is to cover up bad BBQ. I like to taste the meat not the sauce. Leave that for Memphis and other parts of the country's BBQ but not Texas. Lockhart in BA is probably like ten minutes from me and the only reason I don't go there more often is that the parking sucks down there..
          You are spot on about the parking. Fuckin' hipsters have ruined BA. I used to love going to El Jordan for mexican breakfast, but its impossible to get in now.

Sauce is just part of barbeque guys. It's a part of the whole experience as well as good sides. Great meat without sauces and sides is a like dating a supermodel and only getting a HJ. It's just not a complete experience. Did I mention good cold beer? Even better.

The best barbeque places can do it all and do it all well.

Comment

• Originally posted by RabidJackal View Post
            Yep, places like Franklin's are usually 100% out by noon.
            That's the goal but they've served until 3 before, it just depends on the crowd. After 1:00 they start piling it on to get rid of it.

Comment

You are spot on about the parking. Fuckin' hipsters have ruined BA. I used to love going to El Jordan for mexican breakfast, but its impossible to get in now.

Sauce is just part of barbeque guys. It's a part of the whole experience as well as good sides. Great meat without sauces and sides is a like dating a supermodel and only getting a HJ. It's just not a complete experience. Did I mention good cold beer? Even better.

The best barbeque places can do it all and do it all well.
              I'd say bbq without sauce us more like dating a supermodel and only getting missionary with no kissing. I go to a BBQ place for the meat and never for the sides/sauce.

But good sauces and sides does add to the experience and spices it up. Franklins has some awesome sauce...the express coffee whatever it was called. But I didn't put it on a lot of what I ate.

I think I'll have some salt lick tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post

I think I'll have some salt lick tonight
                I thought your bitch ass lived in Allen?
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  I thought your bitch ass lived in Allen?
                  Austin now scrote. Technically Georgetown/round rock

Comment

• Just ate at Killen's in Pearland again. Damn good BBQ.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      Just ate at Killen's in Pearland again. Damn good BBQ.
                      Yup - I had their stuff at TMBBQ, it was really good.

Comment

• Yep salt lick is still good enough, even the round rock location. I love me some burnt ends.

I think I'll go to blacks in lockhart or LA barbecue next week...I'll report back on my findings. I'm really curious if franklins is the best as they say.

Comment

• Did Rudys last night since I was in Frisco and it wasn't bad. One pound of moist brisket, one pound of turkey and a smoked tater, it was da bomb in this cold ass weather! And I have left overs for lunch...
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Rudy's is actually really good BBQ for what it is in my opinion. Obviously not high end...but solid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              Did Rudys last night since I was in Frisco and it wasn't bad. One pound of moist brisket, one pound of turkey and a smoked tater, it was da bomb in this cold ass weather! And I have left overs for lunch...
                              Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              Rudy's is actually really good BBQ for what it is in my opinion. Obviously not high end...but solid.
                              I like Rudy's brisket... it's close by and pretty consistent. It's not my favorite but I can count on it being pretty good every time.
                              Originally posted by stevo
                              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                                Rudy's is actually really good BBQ for what it is in my opinion. Obviously not high end...but solid.
                                Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                                I like Rudy's brisket... it's close by and pretty consistent. It's not my favorite but I can count on it being pretty good every time.
                                I agree. Never too bad of line, the brisket, turkey, ham are always hot and tasty. A little cheaper than Lockhart and Hutchins, but close to home and no wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X