No announcement yet.

Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• let's do lunch there in a week or so, it's not far from my house or office. Next time I want to try the sausage as well as some of the other sides.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      Not sure what you were expecting from their sides, like a blowjob?

I don't go to any BBQ place for their sides, but Hutchins sides are better than most upscale restaurants. Their mac & cheese, brisket beans are pretty damned tasty. The cornbread is like a dessert. When I order my brisket I ask for bark and trim the fat from the moist brisket. This place is far better than Rudy's and Lockharts in Plano. Slow bone is great but too far to drive as is Pecan Lodge which I have not been too, but again other than driving to Austin area for the best BBQ in Texas, Hutchins rocks...
      hmm, good point. I don't recall seeing their brisket beans at the McKinney location. I remember eating their jap beans but I don't care much for spicy food.

They do have a $18.xx all you can eat deal that I'm tempted to take them up on next time I'm there.

Comment

• That's what I normally do, that way I try a few things and see what I'm feeling that day and then chow down.

Comment

• Went to Hutchins last night, to my surprise they had burnt ends, Mmmmmmm!
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Oh yeah!! Well, I smoked some ribs yesterday that were excellent and today we went to kennys for lunch!

Comment

• Cousin's BBQ is going to be on TV tonight for anyone interested.

Comment

• I'm going to have to find a way to watch this (no cable), but anything with Jack is going to be entertaining.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  I'm going to have to find a way to watch this (no cable), but anything with Jack is going to be entertaining.

You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    I'm going to have to find a way to watch this (no cable), but anything with Jack is going to be entertaining.
                    It really wasn't anything special, needed more Jack.

Comment

• Anybody been to Bartley's BBQ in Grapevine? My boss is coming in from North Carolina on Thursday and thinking about taking him there for lunch.

Comment

• Been a few times, it's decent but not much better then a chain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                          Anybody been to Bartley's BBQ in Grapevine? My boss is coming in from North Carolina on Thursday and thinking about taking him there for lunch.
                          Go to hard 8s

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            Go to hard 8s
                            Jose - Take him to Meat You Anywhere in Grapevine. I haven't been myself, but I've heard good things.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Not in dfw, but has anyone here tried kerlin bbq?

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                                Been a few times, it's decent but not much better then a chain.
                                Good to know. We might go with Brent suggestions but I'd still like to check out this place.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                                Go to hard 8s
                                Seriously?

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                                Jose - Take him to Meat You Anywhere in Grapevine. I haven't been myself, but I've heard good things.
                                This looks promising and might change our plans to go here instead. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                                X