No announcement yet.

Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes seriously. I love that place as well as damn near everyone else i know. Sure its not the best, but its better than a lot of other places mentioned here. Anyone who says its not good simply has a point to prove.

For a bbq experience, its great...and they also serve food that isnt your standard bbq food.

Again...not the best, but still a great place.

Comment

• When did Hard 8 lose its thunder?

Every visit was a slam dunk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
        Seriously?
        perhaps he assumed you were willing to drive to Stevenville.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          Yes seriously. I love that place as well as damn near everyone else i know. Sure its not the best, but its better than a lot of other places mentioned here. Anyone who says its not good simply has a point to prove.

For a bbq experience, its great...and they also serve food that isnt your standard bbq food.

Again...not the best, but still a great place.

I'll bite. It's not great. It's barely "good". I'm interested to hear the "lot of others mentioned here" that it you think it's better than. I don't have time to scan the whole thread at the moment.

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
          When did Hard 8 lose its thunder?

Every visit was a slam dunk.

Coppell location was hit or miss for a year or so when they opened. I went when it was good, and when it was bad. The last 2 years or more, it's been all miss. I think they had to have gotten rid of the only decent pitmaster they had. I can't think of another reason it fell off like it did. Before anyone asks why I keep going if it's all miss, I unfortunately have to attend work events there. Large dinners and things of that nature. Stephenville original, however, is much better.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• I went to the Coppell Hard Eight once, probably two years ago. I was underwhelmed. What I remember clearly is that the sausage was good, the brisket was bad, and the price was astronomical.

I've been to Meat You Anywhere twice now, and it was awesome. Not quite Hill Country awesome, but IMO one of the better places in DFW.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Ive been to hard 8s a lot but its been over a year so maybe its gone down hill. In saying that, its better than salt lick, hutchins, marshalls and rudys. Ive been to all those places enough for their to not be a one off miss.

Again, ive gone with a lot of large groups...and have never heard anyone say anything but good.

Edit: im also talking whole menu...not just brisket, even though brisket is my favorite. And i would say all of the places i listed are very closely matched except marshalls.
              Last edited by Ruffdaddy; 06-03-2015, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                I've been to Meat You Anywhere twice now, and it was awesome. Not quite Hill Country awesome, but IMO one of the better places in DFW.
                Ryan has recommended it several times, but I've had some customers I trust recommend it as well. Just haven't been able to get by there yet.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                Ive been to hard 8s a lot but its been over a year so maybe its gone down hill. In saying that, its better than salt lick, hutchins, marshalls and rudys. Ive been to all those places enough for their to not be a one off miss.
                I'm not a big fan of Rudy's, but they're consistently better than Hard 8 in Coppell, even the times Hard 8 was good. Nearly anything is better than Salt Lick IMO. It's just too fucking salty, covers up the natural beef flavor.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                Again, ive gone with a lot of large groups...and have never heard anyone say anything but good.
                Maybe just your circle of people? A lot of people recognize it for what it is. The large groups I'm there with think it's good as well, but these people tend to think places like Chili's and Applebee's are good, too. Yankees and/or people that are ok with trash. Never had Marshall's.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Its very likely because i am there with mostly bbq noobs or casual bbq eaters...thats part of the reason i suggested it. Its a solid place to bring people that arent fanatics just like salt lick.

And i still like both hard 8 and salt lick. Even after going to a lot of the big names.

Comment

• Meat U Anywhere in Grapevine is EXCELLENT. Bartley's in Grapevine is also very good. Hard 8 IMO is not that great, but it is a novelty.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      Ryan has recommended it several times, but I've had some customers I trust recommend it as well. Just haven't been able to get by there yet.

I'm not a big fan of Rudy's, but they're consistently better than Hard 8 in Coppell, even the times Hard 8 was good. Nearly anything is better than Salt Lick IMO. It's just too fucking salty, covers up the natural beef flavor.

Maybe just your circle of people? A lot of people recognize it for what it is. The large groups I'm there with think it's good as well, but these people tend to think places like Chili's and Applebee's are good, too. Yankees and/or people that are ok with trash. Never had Marshall's.
                      I work right next to the hard 8 in coppell. My co workers rave about it, but I think it's over priced garbage.

Comment

• ^^^^and thats why you cant trust this biased review shit...

Overpriced...sure...but garbage?

Comment

• I was trying to give Ruff the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not sure he knows good Que, especailly after he said that Blacks wasn't good.

Hard 8 in Coppell is not very good IMO, the one in Stephenville is better. Before Slowbone and Hutchins (until after the fire) the only decent Que was Rudy's or the hole in the walls, but those never were open past lunch. Salt lick in Austin/RR didn't impress me at all and was on par with Hard 8 in Coppell.
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• I already said the blacks thing had to be a fluke, and id consider hard 8 just barely better than salt lick. Its hard to judge a bbq place on just 1 visit.

Hutchins is good, but much more hit or miss than most of the well rated places. When i worked at raytheon we had it a lot...so ive got a decent statistical sample.

I still dont believe anyone can think hard 8s is garbage, or even bad....hell even not good isnt a descriptor i can imagine being used. Its like the salt lick of dfw

Comment

• I agree that's it not garbage but I've been twice to the Coppell location and I won't go back. These days they are charging a kings ransom for Que, so in my opinion it better be worth its weight in gold...
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• I've been to the Hard 8 in Roanoke twice and have eaten catering from the Coppell locations a couple of times. The first time at Roanoke was OK and that's being generous, the second time I literally threw my ribs away. In all of my BBQ experience I've only thrown food away twice. It was truly awful...

Comment

Working...
                                X