Mi Dia From Scratch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    You know Brent we are as cool as the other side of the pillow, but I've never spent that much at a Mexican food restuarant of any kind. Hell I fed 30 ppl at my daughters college graduation and it was only $380.00 (no gratuity)
    I'll spend $150.00-$200.00 at RC, Bobs or my favorite Del Friscos, but $100.00-$200.00 for mexican food. I bet I can go to Austin and Big Matt and I can have food, hookers and blow for $200.00...
    Must be some shitty hookers and food then since an 8-ball is $120.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      I've never spent that much at a Mexican food restuarant of any kind.
      That's going all out, trying to sample as much stuff as we can. Both times we left with a full box of leftovers because we couldn't finish it all. You can definitely find a lot of stuff on the menu that is priced very reasonably and comparably, that's a lot better tasting/fresher/actually made in-house than most other places. The tabs I quoted also had 2 or 3 margaritas on them ($10-12 each). If I'm going to pay full price at Texas de Brazil, it's ~$100/2 people. I'd rather go to Mi Dia and leave with almost a whole dish of leftovers.

I grew up in Austin, and worked at some of the trendiest and most popular Tex-Mex places down there, and of course frequented the others. I'd rather eat at Mi Dia than the trendiest or cheapest places in Austin. When it's good,the food at Matt's El Rancho MIGHT be able to give this place a run, but it's wildly incosistent. Trudy's is great for Tex-Mex, and cheap with cheaper, better drinks, but horrible service EVERY TIME. Overall, I'd still pick Mi Dia.

Just my .10

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod66stang View Post
        Lunch G2G?
        Friday? I might be down for some of that!
        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
        86 SVO - Sold
        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
          Tomorrow?? I could probably make it if it's around 1pm
          Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
          Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
          Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
          You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
            Originally posted by Leah View Post
            Tomorrow?? I could probably make it if it's around 1pm
            Sure, I'm off and could make that.

Comment

I'll be starving by 1, but I can do that.
              86 SVO - Sold
              01 TJ - new toy - Sold

Comment

I'm out. Schedule won't work so don't wait for me. :-)
                Token Split Tail

You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Hotrod, or anybody else game? I can go whenever, but it will take me a bit to get over there from Haslet.
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold

Comment

I'm game. I'm in N. FW, so I'm in the same boat. We can always wait if no one else can make it so that we don't have to make the drive through all the construction. Up to you, man.

Comment

If we're gonna go, we better head that way soon, as I have a meeting I need to be back for this afternoon. I pm'ed my cell #.
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold

Comment

I'd be down for some other time...I really want to try it out.
                        Token Split Tail

Comment

You missed it Leah.

It was nice to meet you, Bryan. I'm sure we'll be talking again on 2.3t's.
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                            Must be some shitty hookers and food then since an 8-ball is $120.
                            A #5 is only $7 at whataburger.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod66stang View Post
                              That's going all out, trying to sample as much stuff as we can. Both times we left with a full box of leftovers because we couldn't finish it all. You can definitely find a lot of stuff on the menu that is priced very reasonably and comparably, that's a lot better tasting/fresher/actually made in-house than most other places. The tabs I quoted also had 2 or 3 margaritas on them ($10-12 each). If I'm going to pay full price at Texas de Brazil, it's ~$100/2 people. I'd rather go to Mi Dia and leave with almost a whole dish of leftovers.

I grew up in Austin, and worked at some of the trendiest and most popular Tex-Mex places down there, and of course frequented the others. I'd rather eat at Mi Dia than the trendiest or cheapest places in Austin. When it's good,the food at Matt's El Rancho MIGHT be able to give this place a run, but it's wildly incosistent. Trudy's is great for Tex-Mex, and cheap with cheaper, better drinks, but horrible service EVERY TIME. Overall, I'd still pick Mi Dia.

Just my .10

WHAT I've never had shitty service there. Not sure if being married to the owners neice plays a part in it though.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                                WHAT I've never had shitty service there. Not sure if being married to the owners neice plays a part in it though.
                                I used to work there, and it's too long to get into on here. Horrible service, every time, every location. That is the standard, not the exception.

I only saw the guy once, at the North Star location (Burnet Rd/183), but I almost told him he needed to have some kind of oversight on his managers. You went nowhere in that company if you weren't a pseudo-intellectual hipster for the most part. There were more douchebags in that restaurant than all the others I worked in, combined. I can count the non-douchebags on one hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X