No announcement yet.

Duck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good! @Cannon88. I love duck and don't do anything crazy to it. It's very lean so I cook it using bacon fat even if it has skin. I slice mine a few times on each side of the fillet as well so that the fat can get into it then use basic seasoning like salt, pepper, a little garlic and cayenne. If you over cook it, it gets tough quick so the way Cannon has it is about perfect. I will also cube it, wrap 1 cube/one peice of seeded jalapeños/ 1/4 tablespoon of cream cheese with a peice of bacon and bake it with a small coat of BBQ. Freaking delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      The few times I've had Duck, it tasted like Lake Lavon or any freshwater lake for that matter.

That Mi Dia dish with Duck in Mole, now that just sounds good...
      Wild duck is definitely gamey tasting and has to be seasoned accordingly.

Farm raised duck on the other hand is incredible when it's cooked right with the fat rendered and nice crispy skin!
      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
        Looks good! @Cannon88. I love duck and don't do anything crazy to it. It's very lean so I cook it using bacon fat even if it has skin. I slice mine a few times on each side of the fillet as well so that the fat can get into it then use basic seasoning like salt, pepper, a little garlic and cayenne. If you over cook it, it gets tough quick so the way Cannon has it is about perfect. I will also cube it, wrap 1 cube/one peice of seeded jalapeños/ 1/4 tablespoon of cream cheese with a peice of bacon and bake it with a small coat of BBQ. Freaking delicious.
        Lol, thats exactly what I used.

Comment

First Chinese Duck is inconsistent. Go visit Mr. Wok in Plano. AWESOME DUCK.

http://www.mr-wok.com/
          Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
            Duck, where should I go to try duck for the first time? What kind of flavor profile should I be looking for? Just want to try something new.
            Plano Chinese BBQ - Corner of Alma and Parker in Plano.

They have the BBQ Duck hanging behind the glass window

Comment

Years ago my mother-in-law had a big Thanksgiving dinner for the whole family. Her Father was an avid hunter, but deep in his 80's and did not get out anymore. A young neighbor brought him 2 small wild ducks that her had killed. Mother-in-law baked them along with her turkey, and seasoned ans stuffed them just like the turkey. Gran Pa and I ate the duck and left the turkey. The meat was tender, tasty and a bit greasy. Also it was very dark meat. Even the breast meat was dark. I have no idea what breed they were, but were killed in north Louisiana in late November. Mr. Young (Gran Pa) was a neat guy. He knew more about hunting, fishing and cooking wild game than anyone I have ever known. Wish he was still here. Try the duck !

Comment

I've only had it once and it was great, and thats a lot coming from someone who doesn't like dark meats at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  The few times I've had Duck, it tasted like Lake Lavon or any freshwater lake for that matter.

That Mi Dia dish with Duck in Mole, now that just sounds good...
                  It is, and thanks for the reminder, we are eating there Monday, know I know what I'll order!

Comment

Originally posted by unkoricky View Post
                    The shiznit. I miss that place.

Comment

I really wish I could try a good duck. The few times I've had it was nasty as he'll.

Then I watched Anthony bordain cook one on a skillet. It looked like cannon88s. Makes me want to try it again.

Comment

Duck carnitas at Mi Dia tonight, Mmm mmm mmm good!

Comment

Only time I have had duck was in Pâté. Wasn't a big fan.

Comment

Working...
                          X