Slow bone is open though
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
      Slow bone is open though
      Making me hungry

Comment

Wasn't sure to post this here or the other BBQ thread.

On Pecan Lodge's Last Day at the Farmers Market, Smoky Tears Were (Almost) Shed

Hopefully the new location and additional smoker(s) will help with the long lines on the weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
          Wasn't sure to post this here or the other BBQ thread.

On Pecan Lodge's Last Day at the Farmers Market, Smoky Tears Were (Almost) Shed

Hopefully the new location and additional smoker(s) will help with the long lines on the weekends.
          Can't fucking wait until they open up over here in Deep Ellum. I live 2 blocks from their new location so I'll be walking my fat ass over there very very often.

Comment

Looks like they had a sneak peak last night.

Comment

The lack of free parking will help out with that as well.

Comment

Another good article.

Comment

$20/lb? Damn, I just ate it, never really cared what it cost, but shit....

Comment

Lines are still crazy long. Walked over there on Saturday and stood in line for right at an hour and a half. Was worth it though. The new location is really nice. Also, they have an express line if you are ordering >5lbs of meat. The owner was there making sure everything was up to his standards. Super nice guy.

Comment

Just got back from Pecan Lodge. About a 30-45 minute wait which was pretty good I thought for a Saturday. It was well worth it though. I ordered a two meat plate consisting of brisket and ribs with a side of fried okra. My nephew ordered the same with sausage instead of ribs and we split those up. Ribs were definitely better than the sausage.

The brisket was much better than I remember and I've gotta say, better than I remember Slow Bone being. The ribs were definitely second to the brisket, not quite as moist but definitely had more smoke. I had just missed out on burnt ends, I'll have to try those next time.

Comment

Yeah, their brisket is money and ribs are less than a notch below...

I tried slow bone once and wasn't too impressed. I don't care for their rub at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                          $20/lb? Damn, I just ate it, never really cared what it cost, but shit....
                          That's the going rate for popular brisket these days. Mueller is $17 and Franklin is $19 (fancy Austin). Angelo's just went up to $13.25 and I think Railhead was $11 last weekend (regular Fort Worth). Blacks and Kreuz are a little under $14 (Lockhart)

Obviously Pecan Lodge has a little more in overhead costs than the others mentioned and people will pay for convenience. Franklin is making an absolute killing though.

Comment

I paid 50.34 out the door last weekend for a whole brisket from hard 8. ( not sure on the weight but I know it was more than just a couple lbs so they have to be cheaper than the other places mentioned

Comment

Was that for a whole smoke brisket or just a prepared one for smoking? Can't remember if you are the same person I saw posting on Face Book about something similar.

Comment

Was that for a whole smoke brisket or just a prepared one for smoking? Can't remember if you are the same person I saw posting on Face Book about something similar.

Smoked and ready to go

Comment

Working...
                                X