Pecan Lodge in Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
    My cousin is in town next week and wants to try a BBQ place He's in FTW What would y'all suggest ?
    My first thought is hard 8 because it's close to my work and it's a touristy type place but is there somewhere else toward FTW we should try
    I've been to hard 8 a lot and would like to try something else
    The Smoke Pit on Belknap

Comment

• I rank pecan lodge right up there with franklin in Austin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      07 GT500
      05 SRT10
      88 turbocoupe T-bird
      93 Cobra
      86 coupe
      Ducati 848

Comment

• Just heard Franklin's has closed for remodeling.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Just heard Franklin's has closed for remodeling.
          It will be after next week

Comment

Just heard Franklin's has closed for remodeling.
            Remodeling? Didn't they just move to the new digs last year??

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
              Remodeling? Didn't they just move to the new digs last year??
              Per the website it is to "finish smokehouse construction". I'll talk to my colleague in Austin. He's involved, and he's the one that told me about it earlier. He said something about making the patio bigger, etc.

Comment

Per the website it is to "finish smokehouse construction". I'll talk to my colleague in Austin. He's involved, and he's the one that told me about it earlier. He said something about making the patio bigger, etc.
                OK that would make more sense. He's probably busy as hell and could use the extra room already. I still haven't been there as I haven't been out that way but it's on my list for this summer to hit up.

Comment

• Oh boy this is going to be interesting
                  1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Oh boy this is going to be interesting
                    So how was it? And that picture sucked LOL! I could just barely make it out after zooming in on the picture a lot.

Comment

• I would not suggest putting this on your list of barbecue places to visit

Comment

I would not suggest putting this on your list of barbecue places to visit
                        That bad? Sorry bro. So give us your review.

Comment

• Pecan Lodge in Dallas

Ribs weren't good at all. "Skin" was hard as hell
                          Brisket sausage wasn't bad at all it was deff my favorite there
                          The chopped brisket was ok but it was so finely chopped that it dried out really quickly
                          The potato salad was bland and the beans were straight out the can and might have been warmed up before hitting my plate

I got there at 5:45 and they close at 7 we were the only two people there the entire time
                          We ate outside because the AC wasn't working inside and all they had was a swamp cooler
                          The flies were out of control
                          This video was about 5 mins after I took my last bite
                          On a funny note though, the owner was out front sitting in his truck drinking and came by to pick up our trash. He was pretty drunk he gathered everything up in a to go bag and put it in the back seat of his truck and then drove off haha

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-kRDeD7D3I[/ame]

Comment

The chopped brisket was ok but it was so finely chopped that it dried out really quickly
                            The potato salad was bland and the beans were straight out the can and might have been warmed up before hitting my plate

I got there at 5:45 and they close at 7 we were the only two people there the entire time
                            We ate outside because the AC wasn't working inside and all they had was a swamp cooler
                            On a funny note though, the owner was out front sitting in his truck drinking and came by to pick up our trash. He was pretty drunk he gathered everything up in a to go bag and put it in the back seat of his truck and then drove off haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-kRDeD7D3I
                            Wow....

Comment

• Told you fools Longoria's fucking sucked.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-kRDeD7D3I
                                nasty.
                                i thought you were talking about pecan lodge initially (cause of your subject).

good thing that was just longorias, a place i had no plans on ever visiting anyways.
                                www.hppmotorsports.com
                                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Working...
                                X