Smoked Pork Loin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BradM View Post
    WTF? I've never cooked anything at less than 200 on purpose.
    Have you ever smoked a loin before?

Comment

Ever smoked anything? I smoke almost everything (except fish) @ 185.

Comment

Originally posted by goofygrin View Post
        ever smoked anything? I smoke almost everything (except fish) @ 185.
        lol

Comment

Originally posted by goofygrin View Post
          Ever smoked anything? I smoke almost everything (except fish) @ 185.
          Yeah, I've smoked tons of beef, pork, and poultry. 185 couldn't even get a brisket to temp.

Comment

No, but it gets it a nice smoke ring and a ton of flavor. For briskets, I smoke them for 2-3 hours @ 185 then go to 225 for the rest of the cook (well, to 160ish, then foil, then to "stick a fork in me, I'm done", then I take the point and make burnt ends).

Comment

Man, that just sounds crazy to me. Do you do any chicken or turkey that way? I never have a problem getting a nice smokering.

Comment

I'm using a pellet smoker that's on the small side (Traeger Jr), so I admittedly have to do things somewhat differently... but I also am able to maintain a lot more stable temperature (especially while I'm sleeping).

Turkey has come out very good. I haven't smoked any chicken (wife's allergic [well maybe, she had her gall bladder taken out a few months ago and seems to be getting better]). Ribs come out really good, steaks (reverse sear, smoke for ~1hr then sear on the grill), pizzas, salmon, etc.

Maybe I'm just lucky or not really picky . Noone has complained though when I've cooked anything.

Comment

That explains one of the things I was wondering. I couldn't imagine havin to tend a 185 degree fire for an eternity. I didn't realize you were rocking the Ron Popeil set it and forget it style.

Comment

pellet smoker = no smoke, aka an oven ask Chris

Comment

hmm... tell that to my eyes and the smoke ring on my food... and the neighbors that thought my house was on fire...

Is it better than a wood fire? No... as good as? Likely not 100% as good. But it's a damn lot easier to cook with

Comment

Working...
                      X