No announcement yet.

Who likes to grill with charcoal ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use lump, normally either Royal Oak or The Real One. Sear the steaks 60-90sec a side at about 700deg. Pull them for 20min or so until I can get it down to 400, then finish them off about 3-4min a side to medium rare. Some times I'll add fist sized chunk of mesquite for some smoke flavor.

Comment

I use charcoal for steaks and burgers. Of course I normally throw one piece of wood in there for a little smoke flavor. Other than that the only other time I use it is to start my pit when I'm smoking.

Comment

charcoal only
        people complain about how long it takes to get going, but damn we're talking 5-10 minutes here you lazy bastids!
        My wifes oven takes longer than that to preheat!
        Though I wouldn't mind propane to light my charcoal, that might add an itty bitty amount of convenience back in.
        IMO you aren't BBQ'ing if it isn't charcoal!

Comment

Charcoal is where grilling is at...I never have owned a gas grill and never plan to.
          Originally posted by Da Prez
          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

I own both. Gas for convenience, charcoal for flavor. Depends on what the situation calls for. I use a chimney to start the charcoal. No fluid, ever. Amount, time, and temperature vary depending on what I'm cooking. You guys that go by time are really shorting yourselves. Screw the clocks, cook to internal temp.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
              Charcoal is where grilling is at...I never have owned a gas grill and never plan to.
              LOL, "My way is the best way!" -never tried anything else.

Comment

Working...
              X