No announcement yet.

Fish!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a good fish recipe I like to make. You can use any kind of fish. I prefer trout, but catfish works just as good. You can server it over rice, pasta or by its self. I love it with dirty rice.

2 lbs Catfish fillets

Cajun Blackenening seasoning

mayo or miracle whip. Just what ever you got in the fridge

Butter

1 Cup Sliced fresh Mushrooms

½ Cup chopped Parsley

1 Cup sliced Green Onions

1 ½ pounds peeled and deveined medium Shrimp

2 cans Cream of Shrimp soup

Cayenne pepper and or Louisiana Hot Sauce to taste

1. Season catfish well on both sides with blackened seasoning then spread a thin layer of mayo on both sides of each fillet. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.

2. In a large skillet heat 2 Tbsp butter until it starts to sizzle. Sear the fish fillets on both sides (don't cook all the way through) and remove to a large baking dish.

3. In the same skillet add 2 more Tbsp butter and then add the mushrooms, parsley and green onions. When this cooks down some add the shrimp. When the shrimp start turning a little pink reduce the heat to low and add the 2 cans of shrimp soup (the shrimp will finish cooking in the oven). Season to taste with Cayenne pepper & Hot sauce. Stir well to combine and ladle this mixture over the fish fillets.

4. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.

Comment

I would honestly take a good piece of grilled Mahi, Sea Bass, or swordfish over a steak any day. Also seared tuna is worth trying. Tastes great and when prepared with minimal butter, it's amazingly healthy.
      - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
      1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Working...
      X