D Magazine Best New Restaurants 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STROKD View Post
    If you have any play with the management... tell them to open one in Fairview/North Allen/McKinney area please. Id eat there 2-3 times a week if it wasnt a 75 mile round trip for me.

Even Plano/Frisco would be cool too.
    They are going to build another, location is undetermined at this point. I heard a rumor of downtown Ft. Worth, but Gabriel says it hasn't been decided yet. I would think the Shops are being considered as well, but I honestly don't know all the areas they are looking at. The problem with up that way, is the market is already pretty saturated by the Anamia's/Gloria's/MCrowd stuff. It's absolutely lesser food and drink, but it's tough to go in against chains like those when you've only got one other restaurant of the same concept.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
      Perfect in The Shops at Legacy - wished I had time, I'd go check it out now since I just landed at dfw, too bad I've got shit to take care of
      That would be a great location. Somewhere EAST of 35E and north of 635 would be great...

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        They are going to build another, location is undetermined at this point. I heard a rumor of downtown Ft. Worth, but Gabriel says it hasn't been decided yet. I would think the Shops are being considered as well, but I honestly don't know all the areas they are looking at. The problem with up that way, is the market is already pretty saturated by the Anamia's/Gloria's/MCrowd stuff. It's absolutely lesser food and drink, but it's tough to go in against chains like those when you've only got one other restaurant of the same concept.
        yea but those places all suck (only been to Glorias)... Mi Dia is the absolute shit, I would think they would shut this area down when they got some people talking about their food... Ive brought it up a few times to people that live over here and they all say oh that place in Grapevine? Its fantastic... Ft Worth would be cool if I lived on the other side of the state I guess. lmao.

Comment

yea but those places all suck (only been to Glorias)... Mi Dia is the absolute shit, I would think they would shut this area down when they got some people talking about their food... Ive brought it up a few times to people that live over here and they all say oh that place in Grapevine? Its fantastic... Ft Worth would be cool if I lived on the other side of the state I guess. lmao.
          Next time you're in there, ask for Gabriel to swing by the table, and tell him what you think. Yes, you're just one random person, but if they hear it from enough people, it could make an impact. And I promise you won't be the first one to tell him "Ya'll should open a location ______." They get that kind of stuff all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            Next time you're in there, ask for Gabriel to swing by the table, and tell him what you think. Yes, you're just one random person, but if they hear it from enough people, it could make an impact. And I promise you won't be the first one to tell him "Ya'll should open a location ______." They get that kind of stuff all the time.
            Will do! I talked to a lady manager when I was there a few months ago... she said she didnt even know where Fairview was, but I told her it was a tiny ass rich town that would give them more business than she knew what to do with... she said she would look into it. I guess if I bring it up everytime I go someone will know of the city eventually.

When there is a 2+ hour WAIT on Friday and Saturdays at Glorias/Uncle Julios (almost in same parking lot), there is room for one more.

Comment

she said she didnt even know where Fairview was
              lol, the only reason I know where it is, is because a buddy of mine owns Down Under up there.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                i was told about this place http://woodshedsmokehouse.com/ and now been wanting to try it. someday
                me too
                1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

For what it's worth I can vouch for Urban Rio in downtown plano. There brisket queasdillas are amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by RJDCobra View Post
                    For what it's worth I can vouch for Urban Rio in downtown plano. There brisket queasdillas are amazing.
                    Good to know, thats a LOT closer to my casa. Was actually going to go there tonight, but maybe later in the week when it warms back up a little.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                      i was told about this place http://woodshedsmokehouse.com/ and now been wanting to try it. someday
                      Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                      me too
                      It is pretty damn good.

Comment

Originally posted by slowhand View Post
                        finally got around to eating at mi dia a couple of weeks back. It's good eating, period.
                        [ATTACH]2846[/ATTACH]
                        Last edited by diablo rojo; 12-07-2015, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X