No announcement yet.

Favorite BBQ place in DFW area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wasn't impressed with Slow Bone. David's, and Rudy's are much better imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by beensyonwilles View Post
      Hey, brad your post sounds really yummy!!
      That's because I'm a god damn scholar.

Comment

• I think red hot and blue is a Memphis based B-B-Q and they use a dry rub and although it is good but I prefer Texas style and my favorite place is Sonny Bryant's and Railhead BBQ in Fort Worth.
        Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.

Comment

• Originally posted by desmond65 View Post
          I think red hot and blue is a Memphis based B-B-Q and they use a dry rub and although it is good but I prefer Texas style and my favorite place is Sonny Bryant's and Railhead BBQ in Fort Worth.
          Someone ban this guy
          2012 GT500

Comment

• I love the Red Hot and Blue potato salad Stacy figured out how to make it and it rocks.
            1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• Slow Bone was a big disappointment. I work a block from there and really wanted it to kick ass....but it just didn't. Ribs were tough and the brisket sandwich I ended up with had unrendered white fat on the brisket that had the mouth-feel of snot. Not my kind of BBQ.

Pecan lodge on the other-hand. That place was amazing. The beef rib I got was perfect. Expensive...but perfect.

Babb Brother's over the bridge is pretty damn good. I haven't had a bad plate there yet.
              Last edited by Brandon-k; 06-11-2013, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Ill say this... For chain BBQ, RH&B isn't too bad. I don't seek it out, but I wind up there occasionally due to customers. It's certainly better than Spring Creek, Dickey's, and the others.

You people who don't like Slow Bone are nuts. I'd be interested to know what time of day you went. BBQ is more fragile than most food. Too late in the day, and they all suck. And the quality of BBQ depends entirely on the person running the pit. Hard 8 is a perfect example of this. I've been when its good, and I've been when it is really, really bad.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• speaking of the Hard 8, that's where I went for lunch today
                  1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• I just ate at a place called Don's BBQ in Whitesboro and the fucking ribs still had the membrane on the back. WTF?

Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
                      I just ate at a place called Don's BBQ in Whitesboro and the fucking ribs still had the membrane on the back. WTF?
                      I'd say 80+% of restaurants don't remove the silver skin. They say its too time consuming. Personally, I think it's a male or break thing. I don't give a shot how good the flavor is, if the membrane is still on, I don't like them.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        I'd say 80+% of restaurants don't remove the silver skin. They say its too time consuming. Personally, I think it's a male or break thing. I don't give a shot how good the flavor is, if the membrane is still on, I don't like them.
                        Me too! That should be the first thing anyone is taught about ribs.

Comment

• I like beef fat on my brisket, just like my steaks. if you don't, then make sure to order your brisket sandwich lean.

I had the ribs at slow bone last time and they were perfect. Some of the best ribs I've had at a local bbq joint.

Comment

• Bakers Ribs

Comment

• The food at RH&B is okay, not my favorite, but not bad at all.

BUT

The thing they have there that is BADASS is the Hoochie Coochie sauce. It's a fairly hot vinegary barbeque sauce, what I like.

A good last minute thing to toss on the grill is a bunch of cheap chicken legs soaked in worstershire for a bit. Get them grilling and start brushing on a no-name sweet bbq sauce. Once they are nearly done, brush some of the Hoochie Coochie sauce on there and let that caramelize and serve them up. Man they're awesome and easy.

Might be fun to try ribs that way sometime, maybe I'll give it a shot.

You can buy it at their store.
                              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                                Bakers Ribs
                                ^this^
                                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                                X