No announcement yet.

Favorite BBQ place in DFW area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't waste your time at Sammie's BBQ on Belknap in Haltom City. Pork ribs were very salty and dry with the silver skin on (i was under the impression the only reason for keeping the membrane on is to retain moisture), sausage was most likely Eckrich and tasted like a hot dog, brisket was fairly decent but fat wasn't fully rendered in a few slices, beans sucked, frings were decent.

Don't waste your time or money.

Comment

• Originally posted by hotrod66stang View Post
      Don't waste your time at Sammie's BBQ on Belknap in Haltom City. Pork ribs were very salty and dry with the silver skin on (i was under the impression the only reason for keeping the membrane on is to retain moisture), sausage was most likely Eckrich and tasted like a hot dog, brisket was fairly decent but fat wasn't fully rendered in a few slices, beans sucked, frings were decent.

Don't waste your time or money.
      It's a shame, really. Back when Sammie was still around and ran the place (I used to play little league with his son), the food there was on point. Since he's been gone and not there to run the show, it has gone steadily downhill.
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        Ill say this... For chain BBQ, RH&B isn't too bad. I don't seek it out, but I wind up there occasionally due to customers. It's certainly better than Spring Creek, Dickey's, and the others.

You people who don't like Slow Bone are nuts. I'd be interested to know what time of day you went. BBQ is more fragile than most food. Too late in the day, and they all suck. And the quality of BBQ depends entirely on the person running the pit. Hard 8 is a perfect example of this. I've been when its good, and I've been when it is really, really bad.
        man i haven't posted here in a while.

RHB is not bad at all but its been years since i've had it.

I went to Hard 8 in Coppell and ribs were on point, brisket and chicken were too dry that day. But i agree, bbq is very fragile.

I want to try this Slow Bone place today, but i have plans already.

Saw this on facebook.... Brisket Hush Puppies ? Im there.
        Originally posted by 03trubluGT
        Your opinion is what sucks.
        You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

• Ate at Slow Bone again today. This time had the brisket, old time sausage, and ribs. Sausage was good, but I think I like the cilantro sausage more, as odd as it may be. Ribs were solid, yet again. And the brisket was on point. All of it is extremely simple. Not overly seasoned, and they let the meat lead the flavor.

Whoever said the brisket was no good - I'm convinced you honestly don't know what brisket is supposed to be like. It was tender as could be, juicy, and full of flavor with hints of smoke. It was damn near perfect. If all of the fat renders out of the brisket, you get chewy, flavor free shoe leather. If that is your thing, stick to Dickey's. They could use the business.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Ate at Slow Bone again today. This time had the brisket, old time sausage, and ribs. Sausage was good, but I think I like the cilantro sausage more, as odd as it may be. Ribs were solid, yet again. And the brisket was on point. All of it is extremely simple. Not overly seasoned, and they let the meat lead the flavor.

Whoever said the brisket was no good - I'm convinced you honestly don't know what brisket is supposed to be like. It was tender as could be, juicy, and full of flavor with hints of smoke. It was damn near perfect. If all of the fat renders out of the brisket, you get chewy, flavor free shoe leather. If that is your thing, stick to Dickey's. They could use the business.
            Random but I finally got around to eating at Mi Dia. Would go again.

Had the Ceivche, crusted sea bass and my chick had pastor tacos.

Tacos were okay to me but everything else was really good.

Comment

• Feed store BBQ in Southlake.
              Detailing by Dylan
              817-494-3396
              Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
              Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

• it sure as hell isn't Smokin Racks in Plano...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dlachance View Post
                  Feed store BBQ in Southlake.
                  X2
                  Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                    it sure as hell isn't Smokin Racks in Plano...
                    Nor is it FM Smokehaus in Irving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted View Post
                      Nor is it FM Smokehaus in Irving.
                      Really? They got a too review by someone, Texas monthly maybe?

Comment

Really? They got a too review by someone, Texas monthly maybe?
                        I didn't think it was good whatsoever. When in Irving, i will probably just stick to Fred's.

Comment

I didn't think it was good whatsoever. When in Irving, i will probably just stick to Fred's.
                          Went to Freds and got the potato with everything. That place is about 35 minutes away from me and will be back

Comment

*good* review. Lmao.

Appreciate the heads up. They are right down the street from the office, so I was planning on trying it.

Comment

• Had some family over Saturday night for my brother in laws birthday and I didn't have time to grill anything like I normally would. At the last minute we made the decision to just pick up some food and we decided on BBQ. I was driving from North Dallas and couldn't think of anywhere to stop so I decided to just pick up some BBQ from Colter's. Bad idea Both the ribs and brisket were pretty dry and adding sauce did not help what so ever

I think the last time I bought BBQ it was from a guy who had a pit on a trailer at a gas station down the street from my house. I bought some chopped and sliced brisket along with a link sandwich. BBQ from this guy was much better than Colter's. Wish I had seen him Saturday

Comment

• Ouch that sucks. Man, wish i could start a franchise that sells crap bbq and get rich!
                                Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Working...
                                X