Favorite BBQ place in DFW area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
    I went to Lockhart BBQ in Plano last weekend, and other than the fatty brisket being a little too salty. The food was on point.

The sausage is direct from Kreutz in Lockhart. We had fatty brisket, reg and jalapeno sausage, and pork ribs. We also had mac n cheese, which was ehhh, but their habenero mac n cheese was awesome and extremely hot. The potato salad was good, and the deviled eggs were awesome. A buddy had the beans and they were full of day old meat, and he said they were pretty good.

for the Plano area, it's one of the best places I've been to
    Looking forward to trying this place out... Glad to hear the closest decent BBQ isn't a 30-45min drive.....

Comment

• best q in dallas

Comment

• Is that from dickey's bbq?
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
          Is that from dickey's bbq?
          sure.

Comment

I went to Lockhart BBQ in Plano last weekend, and other than the fatty brisket being a little too salty. The food was on point.
            I went Saturday after I read this thread and getting directions from you and they were sold out of BBQ til 6:00pm, what-the-fuck! I went to Rudy's instead, the smoker is going all day and night!

I might give them another try, but I cant go in the 5.0, I left pissed off and did a long smokey burnout after I left, haha!
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• I told you there was a line out the door when I went, I'm pretty sure they can only smoke so much food on their pits overnight, then start another batch that morning for the evening.

When they sell out, they sell out. Slow Bone is the same way, since they pretty much only open for lunch, when it's gone, it's gone.

Comment

The sausage is direct from Kreutz in Lockhart. We had fatty brisket, reg and jalapeno sausage, and pork ribs. We also had mac n cheese, which was ehhh, but their habenero mac n cheese was awesome and extremely hot. The potato salad was good, and the deviled eggs were awesome. A buddy had the beans and they were full of day old meat, and he said they were pretty good.

for the Plano area, it's one of the best places I've been to
                Is it the same owner as the one in oak cliff ?
                07 GT500
                05 SRT10
                88 turbocoupe T-bird
                93 Cobra
                86 coupe
                Ducati 848

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  I went Saturday after I read this thread and getting directions from you and they were sold out of BBQ til 6:00pm, what-the-fuck! I went to Rudy's instead, the smoker is going all day and night!

I might give them another try, but I cant go in the 5.0, I left pissed off and did a long smokey burnout after I left, haha!
                  Jesus Christ, you bitch a lot.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    Jesus Christ, you bitch a lot.
                    What?! Why, because I drive over 30 minutes to a place and they are sold out of food. I guess I should call first to see if they have food to sell.
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Anyone try Babb Bros BBQ in Dallas? New hipster area 'Trinity Groves' at the end of the bridge to nowhere off Singleton

Comment

• Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                        Anyone try Babb Bros BBQ in Dallas? New hipster area 'Trinity Groves' at the end of the bridge to nowhere off Singleton
                        My cousin did, he said its black owned and they know ribs. They have live bands and shit on Saturdays...

Comment

What?! Why, because I drive over 30 minutes to a place and they are sold out of food. I guess I should call first to see if they have food to sell.
                          That's just how it goes with bbq places. It's too expensive for them to have leftovers, so they cook what they cook, and when they are out, they're out.

And Rudy's never runs out, because it sucks!
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            And Rudy's never runs out, because it sucks!
                            BASTARD!

Comment

• Probie and I like Old House BBQ in Carrollton. Cheap and pretty damn good. I think there is one in Denton as well.
                              2012 GT500

Comment

My cousin did, he said its black owned and they know ribs. They have live bands and shit on Saturdays...
                                Yea they are doing a BBQ and Blues thing tomorrow for Fat Tuesday and thought about checking it out. If it sucks I'll head over to Lucks or Four Corners Brewery across the street and have good beers instead

Comment

Working...
                                X