Favorite BBQ place in DFW area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
    Went to Fred's BBQ in Irving just because it was on the way to the movies and my nephews were craving BBQ. Hadn't been there in maybe 20 years even though I normally pick up my barbacoa around the corner at Nuevo Leon (highly recommend that place). Brisket wasn't quite roast beef texture but close enough that I won't go again. Maybe I have high standards but it wasn't all that especially for what they charged (three brisket sandwiches, two sides, two pieces of cakes, three large lemonades at just under $30).
    Damn that's disappointing to know, I haven't been in years, but when I do I get the BBQ tater.
    Ever since Nuevo Leon opened I drive right past ole Freds, lol.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      I went to Lockhart BBQ in Plano last weekend, and other than the fatty brisket being a little too salty. The food was on point.

The sausage is direct from Kreutz in Lockhart. We had fatty brisket, reg and jalapeno sausage, and pork ribs. We also had mac n cheese, which was ehhh, but their habenero mac n cheese was awesome and extremely hot. The potato salad was good, and the deviled eggs were awesome. A buddy had the beans and they were full of day old meat, and he said they were pretty good.

for the Plano area, it's one of the best places I've been to
      Danny and I just went to Kreutz in Lockhart, only because Black was a log-ass wait (Kreutz wasn't much better). You are spot-on with the over salty fatty parts. Hell, Danny got a huge chunk of fat/salt that looked like it got scooped out from falling into the fire.

Kreutz was bleh at best. Their jalapeƱo links and beans were OK, though. Definitely not worth the price, wait or hype.

Comment

• Kreutz was decent 'Q, but...
        Originally posted by Denny View Post
        Definitely not worth the price, wait or hype.
        This.

I was really disappointed that we didn't make it to Black's. Maybe we should have waited with the bikers!
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Kreutz is the newer bigger place right off the highway coming into town right? What time did you guys hit up Blacks? I went during the week (a Friday I think) and was there early like at 8 or 9am before they even opened. It's a small joint so I can see it wouldn't take long for it to get crowded. Me and my dad were one of the first people there and we stuck around till the opened.

Shitty iPhone 3GS pictures.

Got a sliced and chopped sandwich!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            Damn that's disappointing to know, I haven't been in years, but when I do I get the BBQ tater.
            Ever since Nuevo Leon opened I drive right past ole Freds, lol.
            I hear that's the best thing to order but I didn't want to get to stuffed before going into a movie so I just picked up a sandwich to try it out. I should have hit up Nuevo Leon and picked up some barbacoa for Sunday breakfast It's been a while since I've had some from there.

Comment

What time did you guys hit up Blacks?
              About 2pm on Saturday. I would have thought that a good time, but some biker club had showed up and filled the place. They were lined up out the door and about halfway to the next street.
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Another vote for Meshack's in Garland. The Jasper is the best deal there.

Comment

• the Beef Rib, when they have it at Black's is the bomb!

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                    About 2pm on Saturday. I would have thought that a good time, but some biker club had showed up and filled the place. They were lined up out the door and about halfway to the next street.
                    That would explain it. Lockhart is a pretty popular destination, especially for bikers. So Saturday afternoon, ya I could see that happening.

Originally posted by kirbster View Post
                    Another vote for Meshack's in Garland. The Jasper is the best deal there.
                    Definitely need to hit them up... maybe this Saturday.

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                    the Beef Rib, when they have it at Black's is the bomb!
                    Fuck... now I'm seriously thinking about a BBQ roadtrip!

Comment

Definitely need to hit them up... maybe this Saturday.
                      I've been BANNED from Meshaks, he got mad that I drove 20 yards up the one way to get to his place of business. He voiced his concerns and I told him I didn't give a fuck about cops and if they did show up they could write me up while I slurped on my ribs. After that I went up to get some to go BBQ and he told me he was sold out of everything. After I got to my car I waited for a bit and he was serving shit to other customers. If you go, those burnout stripes are mine, hahah!
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        I've been BANNED from Meshaks, he got mad that I drove 20 yards up the one way to get to his place of business. He voiced his concerns and I told him I didn't give a fuck about cops and if they did show up they could write me up while I slurped on my ribs. After that I went up to get some to go BBQ and he told me he was sold out of everything. After I got to my car I waited for a bit and he was serving shit to other customers. If you go, those burnout stripes are mine, hahah!
                        LMAO! For real?? How long ago was this?

Comment

LMAO! For real?? How long ago was this?
                          A few months ago, I get my refinish supplies around the corner, I go there instead of having them delivered so I can get me some BBQ. Usually I don't even see him, but this time it was close to him closing, so he saw me "break the law" and took it upon himself to say something.

I guess the me not giving a fuck about cops comment pissed him off, oh well. I knew I broke the law, I don't need some toothless ole negro fuck to tell me about breaking the law, fucking asshole!

Comment

• I'm pissed about it too, that old toothless fuck can smoke some ribs, maaaaan.

Leave it to my dumb ass to get BANNED from a restaurant.

Maybe my wife is right, I may need counseling...

Comment

• Reminds me of the Soup Nazi episode of Seinfield LOL! No BBQ for jewwwwwwww!!!!!!

Comment

Reminds me of the Soup Nazi episode of Seinfield LOL! No BBQ for jewwwwwwww!!!!!!
                                ahahahaha!! No shit, what was really funny was them using Newman and George to get soup for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X