Crawfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

someone posted this on facebook.

There crawfish is decent, but its cheap and a convenient drive for me.

Supposedly Razzoo will have crawfish in two weeks ( not really a fan )

Originally posted by 03trubluGT
    Your opinion is what sucks.
    You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Originally posted by Thehead View Post
      mutherjuggz at the last one we had......

LMMFAO!!! Good times!!! I can't wait for the next one!
      Originally posted by Vertnut
      I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Coming back in season finally, even though they are currently $3.25 a pound live locally. We bought 15 pounds earlier for 'family' consumption.

Prices will drop after Fat Tuesday, start calling around this next week and see who has what for how much this coming weekend.

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I've got to start calling around and line up about 100 pounds for the 1st weekend in April, hopefully the price drops by then

Comment

Crawfish is high right now.. we paid 2.79/lb at the our local joint.

it was over 81$ for us this weekend.

Comment

Under $3 isn't bad for this time of the season if it a mixed bag.

I like getting the selects when the prices come down. Nothing like having 10 crawfish to the pound.

I did a boil this weekend with my new burner and 80 quart pot, and can now use my 50 qt for veggies and shrimp only. I should be able to cook a whole bag at once. Took around 15 minutes to get 12 gallons of water boiling.

Comment

I bought my burner from Academy this weekend for 20$, new propane tank for 50$ at Walgreens.

I just need to find a bigger pot.. i have a pretty big one but when it comes to having a lot of crawfish with people over, it gets pretty annoying.

Comment

Here in east Texas they are usually much cheaper when they come in, last year they were $2.49 highest, with some places having them at $1.99 before Mardi Gras. They dropped to below a buck a pound towards the end of April, then went back up. The cold/wet weather will increase supply in the near future though, as it should reduce the amount of people celebrating this past weekend and this week.

I got to test out my new homemade hillbilly cooker, it has a huge industrial burner, the main body is made from a 15" Ford truck wheel, it is very solid and sturdy and sits high enough that you do not have to bend over when adding and stirring. With the regulator turned up it will shoot three foot flames. I need to find a decent stainless pot now, looking for around 10 gallons with a bottom around 18" wide. The aluminum pot that I have has the bottom worn thin from years of use.

Stevo
                  Originally posted by SSMAN
                  ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                    Here in east Texas they are usually much cheaper when they come in, last year they were $2.49 highest, with some places having them at $1.99 before Mardi Gras. They dropped to below a buck a pound towards the end of April, then went back up. The cold/wet weather will increase supply in the near future though, as it should reduce the amount of people celebrating this past weekend and this week.

I got to test out my new homemade hillbilly cooker, it has a huge industrial burner, the main body is made from a 15" Ford truck wheel, it is very solid and sturdy and sits high enough that you do not have to bend over when adding and stirring. With the regulator turned up it will shoot three foot flames. I need to find a decent stainless pot now, looking for around 10 gallons with a bottom around 18" wide. The aluminum pot that I have has the bottom worn thin from years of use.

Stevo
                    You can get a 80 qt for $180 on amazon. I had a 60 and a 50qt, but 80 really is the way to go on fish boils. I wanted a stainless one but settled for aluminum, which works fine, and was $100 less. When I wear it out I'll get one.

Comment

Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

99cents a pound at Kroger. They are small but still a good price.

Comment

Originally posted by unkoricky View Post
                          99cents a pound at Kroger. They are small but still a good price.
                          Live ones?

Comment

Originally posted by paul_376 View Post
                            Live ones?
                            yes.

Comment

All you can eat crawfish and cheap beer at mens club fridays 4-8.

Comment

Originally posted by unkoricky View Post
                                yes.
                                its 1.99 a pound not .99

Comment

Working...
                                X