Best BBQ in DFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yale View Post
    Mike Anderson's is the shit. Most Dallas joints are going to be Kansas City BBQ, though. I'll be trying the Cooper's in the Stockyards the next time I'm down there on vacation. Other than that, for my money, the original in Llano is awesome, and there are 3 in Lockhart that rock. I think one's called Black's, but I'm not sure.

Smitty's, kruetz (sp?), and Black's.

There is a joint in downtown Austin called Lambert's, that I think everyone should experience at least once. It's white tablecloth BBQ. The sides are the best I've ever had, though they have to be ordered seperately.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

In the north Dallas area all we have is Rudy's in Frisco Ive never had a bad expericance with BBQ there. The one in Borne west of SA is the best IMO.
      The BBQ shack on Lauraland & I-35 in SOC, that shit is probably the best in the Dallas area.
      Freds in Irving gets an honorable mention been there in the same spot since I was a kid.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

i'll let yall into a little secret on meat that i learned many years ago from an old q'er. never , ever cut through a piece of meat unless it's going into your mouth. the minute you cut it the meat begins to dry out. i don't slice my brisket , i tear it like a roast. and i burn a pretty fair piece of beef. no sauce just dry rub and mesquite . ask fitzwell or jester about it...

Comment

Prairie House Restaurant

(817) 491-4855
          304 S Hwy 377
          Roanoke, TX 76262

Better than Angelo's, Cousin's, Railhead, and Cooper's.

Comment

Sounds like i'm gonna have to fire up the smoker! Bastards!

Comment

Bone Daddys has the best view

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
                Bone Daddys has the best view
                I cannot and will not argue this point. The man speaks the truth...

Violated BBQ Chicken FTMFW!
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I like Soulmans BBQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                    Most Dallas joints are going to be Kansas City BBQ, though.
                    What exactly does this mean? Very few Dallas BBQ joints can even come close to comparing to KC BBQ or Memphis BBQ. When I moved here I heard alot of talk about Texas BBQ and how it's the best but I continue to see threads and hear people talk about how hard it is to find good BBQ in DFW. I loved the original Rudy's BBQ in Leon Springs but now that they are a chain the food is spotty and nothing like the original. The chain BBQ around here is just mediocre at best. I had me some Oklahoma Joes in KC two weeks ago and it was the shit!

Comment

Originally posted by dmh165638 View Post
                      What exactly does this mean? Very few Dallas BBQ joints can even come close to comparing to KC BBQ or Memphis BBQ. When I moved here I heard alot of talk about Texas BBQ and how it's the best but I continue to see threads and hear people talk about how hard it is to find good BBQ in DFW. I loved the original Rudy's BBQ in Leon Springs but now that they are a chain the food is spotty and nothing like the original. The chain BBQ around here is just mediocre at best. I had me some Oklahoma Joes in KC two weeks ago and it was the shit!

DFW isn't known for being a Good place for Texas BBQ. Central Texas is.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

One thing i miss about living in Austin was being near Elgin and Lockhart...

Comment

The Bakers in Deep Ellum and the one on 30 are good, others are hit and miss.
                          Coopers in Llano is probably the best I have had but I have not tried the one in the Stockyards.
                          Bodacious is damn good, not sure if the one in Arlington is still around, but they are still around East Texas.
                          Peggy Sues in Highland Park is also decent.

Comment

I mean they're attempting to go for the Kansas City or even Memphis style. The BBQ that texas does better than anyone is mesquite grilled brisket. I think Kansas City and Memphis do the best ribs, but I like Carolina style vinegary sauce. The best pulled pork is in tar-paper shacks in the deep south. Short of a couple of towns in the hill country, notably Lockhart, there aren't "BBQ districts." You have to hunt for these places. That's half the fun, though.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

A bit of a drive but well worth it....This is one of the best places I have been to around the area, but I've only been to their Springtown location. Had them cater a party for me once too....a lot of questions from folks about where the BBQ came from.

There is also a new place out here off of 156 in Justin called Cold Beer & BBQ....they have some amazing ribs. I always thought Angelo's had some of the best ribs around until I had them from this place....they are like friggin meat-candy!
                              70' Chevelle RagTop
                              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                                http://woodycreekbbq.com/

A bit of a drive but well worth it....This is one of the best places I have been to around the area, but I've only been to their Springtown location. Had them cater a party for me once too....a lot of questions from folks about where the BBQ came from.

There is also a new place out here off of 156 in Justin called Cold Beer & BBQ....they have some amazing ribs. I always thought Angelo's had some of the best ribs around until I had them from this place....they are like friggin meat-candy!

I live down the road from there myself ..

Can't figure out when or if it is open ? Why no sign ?

Comment

Working...
                                X