Cooking the perfect steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
    No not Mexican. No I don't have a smoker, although I would like to get one, just dont have a place to put one. The mrs dash gets sraped off before it eat it, just use it for flavors. Kinda funny that everyone that has eaten a steak I cooked, has like it, and called me later to cook it again.. To each his own, I like to have flavor not just chewing on a piece of meat.
    The topic at hand is prime cuts. Prime cuts don't need that shit, as they have more than enough flavor of their own. All the other stuff is masking the natural flavor, and/or making up for an incompetent cook.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Where can someone get prime cuts? The local grocery store? Or do you have to go to a meat market? I think I have only had choice.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        Where can someone get prime cuts? The local grocery store? Or do you have to go to a meat market? I think I have only had choice.
        You've likely only had choice or less. I get mine from the commercial sector usually. OP posted up that now HEB is carrying prime cuts. There is a joint in Garland called David's Meat Market, it's actually owned by a board member's uncle (Jester). You can order things from most meat counters at the grocery store though. A while back, I ordered a 65 lb steamship round (whole leg, from ass too just above the knee cap) at Tom Thumb. So ordering a few prime filets or something should be no big deal.

Comment

HEB has them occasionally. Also you can order them online.
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

OK, I will see if my local Brookshires can do it before I go out to Garland.

The guys driving around going door to door probably aren't an excellent source. JK

I have actually never bought from those guys before. Usually don't even open the door.

Comment

sprouts will ocassionally buy a large amount of prime and have it priced very well.
              www.hppmotorsports.com
              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                The topic at hand is prime cuts. Prime cuts don't need that shit, as they have more than enough flavor of their own. All the other stuff is masking the natural flavor, and/or making up for an incompetent cook.
                I only briefly read the above posts. I typically only get meats from the average grocery store. Me and the wife moved to tx about 8 months ago and thus far have not found a good meatmarket.. All the ones around us, the meat taste the same as the grocery store just at a higher price.. I diddent take any cooking classes but I have only messed up grilling meat a hand full of times..

Comment

For the record --- http://www.davidsmeatmarket.com/

David's Meat Market
                  4010 N. Jupiter Road
                  Garland, Texas 75044
                  972-495-8315

The only bad part about it, is it's Yankee beef. That said, it's where I go when I don't get it from a commercial source, only because I don't know of any other real butchers (i.e. not a grocery store) locally.

Comment

Cool. I will take a look at the website.

Comment

I usually get my steaks at Kroger LOL... I'll have to try a real meat market soon when i feel like spending money.
                      Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                      Your opinion is what sucks.
                      You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Ya'll go to the custom cut orders page. You can buy an entire side of beef, or whatever. He's got tons of packages on there, of all variety/price.

Comment

Ya'll go to the custom cut orders page. You can buy an entire side of beef, or whatever. He's got tons of packages on there, of all variety/price.
                          Yea, I was looking at that. I have ordered packages like that from a place in Killeen while I was down there. Never done it anywhere locally.

Comment

Those are pretty good prices.

Do you know any other meat markets in the Carrollton,Frisco,Lewisville,The Colony area?
                            Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                            Your opinion is what sucks.
                            You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Originally posted by unkoricky View Post
                              Those are pretty good prices.

Do you know any other meat markets in the Carrollton,Frisco,Lewisville,The Colony area?
                              I don't, but David's is worth the drive. I live in Las Colinas, and make the drive. I just try to stock up, because it is a haul for me.

Comment

Cool. I will take a look at the website.
                                I good meat market, probably means a crappy web site. Just basically a web presence to get out their address and phone number.
                                Originally posted by MR EDD
                                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                                X