Cooking the perfect steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
    Go ahead and let me know how that works out for you. Let me guess, you don't eat beef jerky either?
    Awful defense right off the bat, aren't we? That's fine that you like them that way, just seemed over the top to me. Carry on.

Comment

As mentioned before, you can get prime beef and all kinds of other awesome meats at Central Market. Badass cheese, produce, breads, etc too. I love that place!

It aint cheap though. Their prime fliets are $30/lb.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
        As mentioned before, you can get prime beef and all kinds of other awesome meats at Central Market. Badass cheese, produce, breads, etc too. I love that place!

I love Central Market, it's the only place I will buy steaks.
        Hell I love everything about that place.
        I should get a part time job there and just work for store credit, at least I could get payed for being there.

Comment

some ballers here....

I just stocked up on some $3.99 bone in ribeyes from Tom Thumb. They are choice but taste great. I dont need prime cuts to have an awesome steak at home. They are always VERY tender and we have had friends comment that they taste better than most restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
            some ballers here....

I just stocked up on some $3.99 bone in ribeyes from Tom Thumb. They are choice but taste great. I dont need prime cuts to have an awesome steak at home. They are always VERY tender and we have had friends comment that they taste better than most restaurants.
            Yup I do the same as you. Unless I find a good deal on a fancy cut I'm doing the sale price choice ribeye. Ribeye works well even with sub prime grades since it is a more flavorful cut with more fat to begin with.

I tend to go with a different cut when I get prime meats, since I think prime ribeye is typically a bit too fatty for my tastes. I like prime porterhouse or strip.
            Last edited by momo; 02-10-2011, 08:40 AM.
            www.hppmotorsports.com
            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Kroger always has some good cheap steak to me... but thats just me

Tom Thumb will always have some deals too.
              Originally posted by 03trubluGT
              Your opinion is what sucks.
              You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

There are good Mennonite butchers around here, but I haven't been to any yet. I used to use a propane burner from a turkey fryer with a cast iron skillet, and heat that sumbitch to the moon, then cook a pretty good warm-center rare steak, almost a steak bleu. I use coarse kosher salt in the skillet to keep the steak from sticking, and real butter when it comes out of the pan, like bcoop said. As for the rub? Salt, pepper, and Tony's.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

i see alot of yall will put a butter on your steak when it is done cooking. What brand of butter do you use?
                  2007 Silverado CC
                  1970 Mustang Coupe

True Street Motorsports. 972-542-9886

Comment

Originally posted by streetdemon70 View Post
                    i see alot of yall will put a butter on your steak when it is done cooking. What brand of butter do you use?
                    it doesnt matter.. just some butter

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post

Costco Half the price same beef
                      2006 Civic SI
                      2009 Pilot
                      1988 GT
                      CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                        There are good Mennonite butchers around here, but I haven't been to any yet. I used to use a propane burner from a turkey fryer with a cast iron skillet, and heat that sumbitch to the moon, then cook a pretty good warm-center rare steak, almost a steak bleu. I use coarse kosher salt in the skillet to keep the steak from sticking, and real butter when it comes out of the pan, like bcoop said. As for the rub? Salt, pepper, and Tony's.
                        I had a setup like this years ago, except I had a 3/4" thick plate of stainless steel, about 20" diameter cut with a handle welded on it that I would use on the fish fryer. It worked really well when camping.

Stevo
                        Originally posted by SSMAN
                        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

butter is butter to me..
                          Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                          Your opinion is what sucks.
                          You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Originally posted by unkoricky View Post
                            Those are pretty good prices.

Do you know any other meat markets in the Carrollton,Frisco,Lewisville,The Colony area?
                            I have yet to set foot in the place as they just opened, but it's in that area.

Matador Meat and Wine is on the NE corner of Preston and Headquarters.

Comment

Originally posted by streetdemon70 View Post
                              Brand doesn't matter, just make sure it's salted sweet cream butter.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
                                I have yet to set foot in the place as they just opened, but it's in that area.

Matador Meat and Wine is on the NE corner of Preston and Headquarters.
                                http://matadormeat.com/
                                i was about to post that. i just passed that place the other day. i havent stopped in yet either.

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                                Brand doesn't matter, just make sure it's salted sweet cream butter.
                                thanks.
                                2007 Silverado CC
                                1970 Mustang Coupe

True Street Motorsports. 972-542-9886

Comment

Working...
                                X