Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
    Why the hell does it matter? lol
    Why does it matter? Apparently you haven't been keeping up. People don't know what the terminology they're using means so I have to do one of two things 1) correct their knowledge of the terminology. 2) understand what their definitions are, so that I'm not providing what they're asking for but them dismissing it because it's not what they think it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maddhattter View Post
      Stanley, unfortunately, most of your past few posts have been unsupported assertions which are no better than urban legends. Does this mean that your assertions are false? No. There is just no reason to believe you. You’ve given no sources, nor examples of the evidence that you claim exists.

While this is an unsupported assertion, I fail to see the point of these two statements even if they were true. Science has the peer review process. Nothing in science gets to be a theory without going through the peer review process. This gives everybody the chance to show how the science is wrong. So, if papers have gone through the peer review process and not been shown to be wrong, there is no reason not to believe something some scientists barely understand, as other scientists, who do understand, have failed to show the author of the paper’s science is wrong.

If science would do as you claim it should, science could never progress to anything, because there would always be people denying what they don’t understand and science would always be forced to pretend that there is an equal competing theory. It’s regardless of who is associated with it in the past. It’s just that, much like the 6 day creationist's and/or irreducible complexity arguments, they’ve been demonstrated to be untrue so many times, there is no reason to even consider it an option until any new evidence is presented.

You should be and it should be from embarrassment. As it’s already be discussed that evolution does not posit that “We came from monkeys”. Only those who are ignorant of Evolution would claim that.

We didn’t come from monkeys as they have been evolving right beside us to fit their particular niche. We also didn’t come from apes as we still are apes. I linked a paper with my last post. You can look at it from the previous post

It’s more funny to me what people will refuse to believe so that they feel they can believe in a creator.

As it’s been pointed out, more than once, evolution and believing in a creator are not mutually exclusive. Not to mention the fact that, even if you could prove that evolution is false, the 6 day creation and/or the irreducible complexity model would not be any more supported by science, and would still not be considered a valid alternative by science.
      And who are you again? You say "in the past" like you've been around for more than 107 posts. You don't have to tell me how peer review works, I'm well aware of it. But its clear to me from your post that you have little real world experience with modern academia. Before you get all bent out of shape, no I'm not saying that you didn't go to college. Two totally different subjects.

As for sources... LOL. I don't know what to say. Have you NO exposure to the real world at all? I guess you haven't heard, but there is such a thing as "common knowledge". Let me give you an example. Its "common knowledge" that you should look both ways before crossing the street. Now I'm sure you'll want a source, but I'd submit that if you don't believe me, you should try it for yourself. Like crossing the street, its common knowledge that some physical evidence for ghosts and there is some evidence for UFO's. Now, whether you want to admit that is on you. Your creationists theory is lost on me though. I couldn't care less what some people will do to "want" to believe in a creator. Until I see scientific evidence either way, I'm afraid even your beloved theory of evolution is a crap shoot imo. The theory of evolution would be better called the theory of adaptation. Species can adapt, to try and ensure the survival over the long haul. Of course even to the extent of making seemingly drastic changes to their physiology. But there is zero evidence anywhere in the world to suggest that every living thing on the planet is descendent from some single celled organism or strain of amino acids and proteins that somehow magically "formed" in some kind of primordial soup. Unfortunately, its become every bit as much of a religion to some, as actual religion is to others.
      Last edited by SMEGMA STENCH; 07-23-2011, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• Creationism is a wide held theory as is Evolution. Why not just teach both? Not necessarily Jesus created the earth but that God did and only as a theory. Both require some level of faith. You have to either have faith in God or you have to have faith that in the very beginning something had to come from nothing aka big bang. Neither can be absolutely proved. 88% of the worlds population believe in some form of God so it should get equal attention as a theory. I'm a Christian and don't mind evolution being taught as a theory. We should all be well informed of what others believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
          Creationism is a wide held theory as is Evolution.
          Only one of those is a theory, and Creationism isn't it. Creationism only counts as a hypothesis and has no actual evidence supporting it,
          Why not just teach both? Not necessarily Jesus created the earth but that God did and only as a theory.
          As soon as you can prove god created the earth, I'm sure it will be given some thought. Until such time, to even attempt to assert that god created the earth and remain honest would be impossible.

Both require some level of faith.
          Only your beliefs require faith. Mine are backed with evidence, logic, and reason.
          You have to either have faith in God or you have to have faith that in the very beginning something had to come from nothing aka big bang.
          You are the only person that believes that something came from nothing. The big bang theory states that all the matter for everything everywhere was condensed down into a very small point, then expanded, and continues to expand.
          Neither can be absolutely proved.
          Wrong, the big bang theory can and has been proven, unlike your god hypothesis.
          88% of the worlds population believe in some form of God so it should get equal attention as a theory.
          Just because people believe something doesn't make it true. That which you describe in this sentence is a classic case of appealing to a common practice.
          I'm a Christian and don't mind evolution being taught as a theory.
          It is taught as a theory. So tell me, what is your problem then?
          We should all be well informed of what others believe.
          I will agree, with the following condition. People should know what others believe, but they should also know that what some people believe is not based in fact and evidence and it should not be taught in schools.

Comment

• Is that my only hang up? No, LOL... just waiting to tackle that issue forst (have to start somewhere).

Since I'm so uneducated, misinformed and using the incorrect terminology, you might have a challenge dumbing it down for a meager simpleton.

Comment

• Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
              Creationism is a wide held theory as is Evolution. Why not just teach both? Not necessarily Jesus created the earth but that God did and only as a theory. Both require some level of faith. You have to either have faith in God or you have to have faith that in the very beginning something had to come from nothing aka big bang. Neither can be absolutely proved. 88% of the worlds population believe in some form of God so it should get equal attention as a theory. I'm a Christian and don't mind evolution being taught as a theory. We should all be well informed of what others believe.
              I'm good on this. Evolution cannot explain the beginning, we can. They have missing links, we don't, both require faith. Teach them both
              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                Is that my only hang up? No, LOL... just waiting to tackle that issue forst (have to start somewhere).

Since I'm so uneducated, misinformed and using the incorrect terminology, you might have a challenge dumbing it down for a meager simpleton.
                What are all your hang ups so we don't play 20 questions.
                Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                I'm good on this. Evolution cannot explain the beginning, we can. They have missing links, we don't, both require faith. Teach them both
                You have an assertion with no evidence, therefore you can explain nothing. And only believers have faith.

Comment

• Sigh... just start with one. Just one, please.

Comment

Sigh... just start with one. Just one, please.
                    Just because you can't handle more than one issue at a time doesn't mean that I should limit my explanation. I'd like to point out that every time you've been given evidence you've dismissed it without cause. And when you cite sources that you think agree with you, they actually say exactly the opposite of what you claim they do. Before I try and explain anything further to you, I require the list of issues you have regarding the validity of evolution. And please, don't try to use the same old tired line about how evolution doesn't know how life began. Evolution doesn't take into account how life started, merely how it changes over time.

Comment

• we know that different animals have come into and exited from existence at different times through out the history of the earth. so obviously they were not created at the same time, let alone the same day. so if they did not evolve from other species or animals, where did they come from? how do creationists explain this?

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                        Just because you can't handle more than one issue at a time doesn't mean that I should limit my explanation. I'd like to point out that every time you've been given evidence you've dismissed it without cause. And when you cite sources that you think agree with you, they actually say exactly the opposite of what you claim they do. Before I try and explain anything further to you, I require the list of issues you have regarding the validity of evolution. And please, don't try to use the same old tired line about how evolution doesn't know how life began. Evolution doesn't take into account how life started, merely how it changes over time.
                        Translation: You haven't got a clue.

Roger that. I'll leave you alone now.

Comment

Translation: You haven't got a clue.

Roger that. I'll leave you alone now.
                          I haven't got a clue what your issues are with evolution. But as far as having a clue about evolution, you're dead wrong.

If you really wanted to know about it then your list of issues with it would be on the top of your head and would require no effort on your part to list out so they can be addressed.

I expect you to refrain from attempting speak about creationism or evolution here on the boards since your M.O. is to remain willfully ignorant of the facts.

You've shown that you don't have any clue what you're talking about. When people have attempted to educate you on the subject you've dismissed it without cause, or come up with the baseless assertion that someone doesn't have a clue about something and left the conversation before any of your issues have been addressed. I asked you for a list of issues, you said you wanted to stick to one. I'm sorry, but that's not the way it works. If I'm going to take the time to educate you on something that you obviously know nothing about then I want to know everything you have a problem with so that I can address them. That does 2 things, 1) It helps me make sure I don't miss any of your problems and 2) It keeps you from moving the goalpost.

You may take your fail and GTFO now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cannonball996 View Post
                            we know that different animals have come into and exited from existence at different times through out the history of the earth. so obviously they were not created at the same time, let alone the same day. so if they did not evolve from other species or animals, where did they come from? how do creationists explain this?
                            They say that every single species on this planet was created at the beginning and has always been here.

At least they accept adaptation now. That was denied by the creationist camp up through the 80s.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                              I haven't got a clue what your issues are with evolution. But as far as having a clue about evolution, you're dead wrong.

If you really wanted to know about it then your list of issues with it would be on the top of your head and would require no effort on your part to list out so they can be addressed.

I expect you to refrain from attempting speak about creationism or evolution here on the boards since your M.O. is to remain willfully ignorant of the facts.

You've shown that you don't have any clue what you're talking about. When people have attempted to educate you on the subject you've dismissed it without cause, or come up with the baseless assertion that someone doesn't have a clue about something and left the conversation before any of your issues have been addressed. I asked you for a list of issues, you said you wanted to stick to one. I'm sorry, but that's not the way it works. If I'm going to take the time to educate you on something that you obviously know nothing about then I want to know everything you have a problem with so that I can address them. That does 2 things, 1) It helps me make sure I don't miss any of your problems and 2) It keeps you from moving the goalpost.

You may take your fail and GTFO now.
                              Sorry, bro. I gave you an opportunity to speak your case, but you instead just wanted to say how "uneducated" I am and not want to address issues. I even went as far as starting to go through them with you one at a time so nothing would get lost in translation. LOL

I didn't mean to make you cry or throw a fit. Again, I am truely sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by exlude View Post
                                They say that every single species on this planet was created at the beginning and has always been here.

At least they accept adaptation now. That was denied by the creationist camp up through the 80s.
                                "They" don't say anything of the sort unless "they" are speaking their own opinions. The Bible simply says that God created everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X