Fight over teaching evolution in Texas fizzles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    Evolution is proven, you choose to ignore the evidence proving it true. Yet you'll lay your allegiances to a ~2000 year old book with absolutely no evidence supporting it. Your faith blinds you and owns you.
    I have still yet to see proof... but as long as you say it's out there, we're good, huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by exlude View Post
      Well, I'm much better educated on the topic at hand than you are...slapping around deniers has been about all my degree has been useful for so far. But that's getting boring already because all ya'll do is continue to deny.
      Sounds like a solid D- to me, but ya, you'll pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
        Sounds like a solid D- to me, but ya, you'll pass.
        Lol, such hostility. But if I'm just passing, you got dropped from the class...lol

Comment

I have still yet to see proof... but as long as you say it's out there, we're good, huh?
          Proof has been given to you. If I was to prove what the bible says is true using the same methods I bet you'd shout from the highest of mountains that science has proven the bible true. But since science disproves what the bible says, you continue to deny.

Deny till you die, dawg.

Comment

Lol, such hostility. But if I'm just passing, you got dropped from the class...lol
            It was a sympathy D because you wore a low-cut shirt on the front row.

Bottom line; no species has ever been observed changing into another one. No one can claim anything came from a single cell. There is no such thing as proving any fossil is a transitional fossil.

Where is this proof, scholar (and that racer guy whatever)?

Comment

Which takes more faith? Creation, because there's no evidence for it what so ever, and never will be.

It's not as simple as "humans came from nothing". You are skipping millions of years of evolution and speciation. Remember, the human species is only about 200,000 years old. Life is 3 to 4 billion years old. That's a lot of evolution.
              And you're expecting me to have faith in a theory that has holes in it through 'missing links' of evolution
              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

You silly fellows... nothing has been proven either way. At least I have the intellect to claim faith. You have it in evolution, but deny it with "peer reviewed" crap. Whatever makes you sleep better at night, I guess.
                It boils down to this I suppose.

If you take the approach of science you observe everything and follow that to a conclusion. What leads to that conclusion can be strengthened or weakened by new technologies and discoveries which may change that conclusion altogether.

If you are a creationist you begin with a conclusion and accept what agrees with it and ignore everything else that disagrees with it never wavering in your beliefs and altering them or the conclusion you began with.
                US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Bottom line; no species has ever been observed changing into another one. No one can claim anything came from a single cell. There is no such thing as proving any fossil is a transitional fossil.

False.

We have observed speciation.

The foundation of all life does (the single cell), indeed, affect complex lifeforms. What's true for one cell (namely a germ line cell) is true for the organism in numerous situations.

I'll agree on the fossil, however, it's funny how it all works together so well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                    And you're expecting me to have faith in a theory that has holes in it through 'missing links' of evolution
                    You're starting to see why it's called a theory. There are missing portions of the explanation. We don't know 100% of the story. But we can test it, and continue to do so, and the evidence continues to support it. Like I said earlier, there is no better scientific explanation.

Honestly, and I'm not trying to insult you, I'm not expecting you to understand evolution. Most people in this thread don't understand because they don't know a lick about molecular biology, molecular evolution, genetics, biochem, and human evolution. At best, most have a rudimentary understanding of anthropology that they grabbed from a website and they were taught the basics of mutations in HS Biology.

Comment

You aren't educated enough to have a valid opinion on the topic.

Maddhattter linked to you a study in which one species was observed turning into another one.

There is such a thing as proving a fossil is a transitional fossil, via 2 methods. Genetic, and morphological.

If we didn't come from a single cell, then where did we come from? Remember, if you can't show it, you don't know it.

Comment

You're starting to see why it's called a theory. There are missing portions of the explanation. We don't know 100% of the story. But we can test it, and continue to do so, and the evidence continues to support it. Like I said earlier, there is no better scientific explanation.

Honestly, and I'm not trying to insult you, I'm not expecting you to understand evolution. Most people in this thread don't understand because they don't know a lick about molecular biology, molecular evolution, genetics, biochem, and human evolution. At best, most have a rudimentary understanding of anthropology that they grabbed from a website and they were taught the basics of mutations in HS Biology.
                        I studied anthropology, though it was basic and offered as part of my criminal justice degree. I tend to be more criminal law and psychology, which are my fields of study. Creationism does not start with a conclusion, it evaluates the evidence that is there. Based on complexity of DNA, the environment and what is known about biology and chemistry, it is a theory that there was intelligence behind our creation and design.
                        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Creationism ignores all the evidence and says to anything that goes against it, "was placed there by God to mystify us." Creationism has been around for a long time, well before all the evidence we have today, so the conclusion has been there. The counter evidence is now thrown away by the creationist community. I find it funny how creationists argue and argue and argue against the worldwide fossil record but will take one example at Fossil Rim as gospel.

Intelligent Design doesn't do ANYTHING with the evidence that is there. It skims over the wealth of information out there and throws its collective hands in the air saying, "I don't get it, it's too complex, God must have done it"

Neither community holds themselves to any kind of scientific discipline.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                            You aren't educated enough to have a valid opinion on the topic.

Maddhattter linked to you a study in which one species was observed turning into another one.

There is such a thing as proving a fossil is a transitional fossil, via 2 methods. Genetic, and morphological.

If we didn't come from a single cell, then where did we come from? Remember, if you can't show it, you don't know it.
                            Right. Those studies take a bunch of information and make a massive jump in conclusion. (Leap of faith, maybe?)

Bring on the transitional fossil evidence because that is one thing I have specifically looked for.

In your words... show it.

Comment

Right. Those studies take a bunch of information and make a massive jump in conclusion. (Leap of faith, maybe?)

Bring on the transitional fossil evidence because that is one thing I have specifically looked for.

In your words... show it.
                              Is that the only thing hanging you up on evolution? The lack of transitional fossils?

Before I provide you with the transitional fossils you're looking for that are readily available. What do you think a transitional fossil is?

Comment

• Why the hell does it matter? lol
                                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Working...
                                X