No announcement yet.

What can you do with 10K in 3 months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just looked up short selling to see what you were talking about, and I don't believe I would risk it. Maybe if I had a lot more money to play with, but definitely not with just $10k.

Comment

• Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
      Curious how many of you shorting stocks would do the same if it were real money?
      Why do you wonder that... Just margin in general?
      Last edited by slow99; 10-11-2011, 09:05 AM.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• I wonder if justinsn95 has wondered about it yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
          Why do you wonder that... Just margin in general?
          Shorting stocks is a gamble, much more than just buying a stock and watching the price drop. It's one thing to take such a huge risk with fake money, but completely different when it's your ass on the line.

Comment

• When can i expect to hear the final vote in Europe? I am assuming it is near al both US and Europe markets seem to e edging towards the green.

Sent from my phone. I apologize for the typos
            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

• Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
              Shorting stocks is a gamble, much more than just buying a stock and watching the price drop.
              Watching it go up is the risk... I assume you're talking about longs being bound by zero.
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

• Any predictions on the markets reaction tomorrow?
                Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

• futures look green for the moment. i could use about a 20% pop

Comment

• Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                    Any predictions on the markets reaction tomorrow?
                    Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                    futures look green for the moment. i could use about a 20% pop
                    Waiting on some earnings, huh?

Alcoa went limp.

Comment

• Alright, I am confused. I thought I read somewhere that the Europe bailout package didn't get voted. I figured that would make for another bad day in Europe, but they are up?

I am not complaining by any means, though.

As for the earnings, IR already made a preannouncement so I hope their shareholders are done with the "knee jerk reaction" when the earnings are actually released.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                        Waiting on some earnings, huh?

Alcoa went limp.
                        No earnings really but another acquisition.

Comment

• Can someone tell me what the difference in these two are? Yesterday the website hung up on me and I wound up doubling my order. Now I'm wondering if I bought into the wrong stocks.

They are both from Glaxo-smithkline and their trade letters are GSK and GLAXF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
                            Can someone tell me what the difference in these two are? Yesterday the website hung up on me and I wound up doubling my order. Now I'm wondering if I bought into the wrong stocks.

They are both from Glaxo-smithkline and their trade letters are GSK and GLAXF.
                            Glaxo has 14 different classes of shares, lmao. The GLAXF is a pink sheet, the GSK is the ADR ... Use the GSK.

Comment

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                              Glaxo has 14 different classes of shares, lmao. The GLAXF is a pink sheet, the GSK is the ADR ... Use the GSK.
                              You're still speaking Greek to me. What is a pink sheet? In my world, that's what we give the customer after I've finished a warranty job.

I ended up selling it off and jumping on the late bandwagon for Apple. I knew I should have picked it up at $389/share.

Comment

• Shares that can't meet the requirements to trade on a major exchange end up on the pink sheets. All the little penny bullshit, that blockbuster fucking disaster a couple weeks ago where amateurs dove in it thinking it was the blockbuster company, etc...all pink sheets. ADR stands for american depository receipts, the way intl companies have their shares listed on major exchanges. The shares of adrs will be the most reliable, liquid, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X