No announcement yet.

What can you do with 10K in 3 months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You understand the differences correctly? Are you putting in a stop loss order, if so then it's doing what it should.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• I guess I don't.

Say I bought a stock at $30/share and I want it to sell when it goes to $33/share or higher. I put in a stop loss order to sell at $33 when the stock price is currently $30.50.

What happens? Does it sell right away or wait until the price goes up? What's different if I put in a limit at $33 instead of a stop? Does it sell at $33.00 exactly and not any higher like the stop potentially could if the price kept going up before the trade could be executed?

Comment

• Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
        I guess I don't.

Say I bought a stock at $30/share and I want it to sell when it goes to $33/share or higher. I put in a stop loss order to sell at $33 when the stock price is currently $30.50.

What happens? Does it sell right away or wait until the price goes up? What's different if I put in a limit at $33 instead of a stop? Does it sell at $33.00 exactly and not any higher like the stop potentially could if the price kept going up before the trade could be executed?
        As far as this game goes, it is programmed to sell whenever the market price is at or below the stop price. You'd want to set a limit order so that when it gets to $33 it'll sell at market price immediately when the price reaches or goes above 33. It could be exactly $33 or it could be $33.02 if it jumps from 32.99 to 33.02, for instance.
        Men have become the tools of their tools.
        -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
          As far as this game goes, it is programmed to sell whenever the market price is at or below the stop price. You'd want to set a limit order so that when it gets to $33 it'll sell at market price immediately when the price reaches or goes above 33. It could be exactly $33 or it could be $33.02 if it jumps from 32.99 to 33.02, for instance.
          OK, so a stop is more geared for keeping you from losing money since it's "at or below" the target price. Got it, thanks guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
            I guess I don't.

For a position owned long you put a stop in BELOW current market price. What's the point of doing a stop loss higher than spot? You'd just enter a market order. If you bought a $30 , spot is $35 and you wanted to protect gains or minimize loss you put in a stop lower than $35. A stop order becomes a mkt order as soon as spot price trips Below stop price. If you are putting the stop price higher than spot, it's becoming a market order the instant you enter it.
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
              For a position owned long you put a stop in BELOW current market price. What's the point of doing a stop loss higher than spot? You'd just enter a market order. If you bought a $30 , spot is $35 and you wanted to protect gains or minimize loss you put in a stop lower than $35. A stop order becomes a mkt order as soon as spot price trips Below stop price. If you are putting the stop price higher than spot, it's becoming a market order the instant you enter it.
              That's what I didn't understand. I was wanting it to sell when it reached a certain (higher) price. Now I know to use a limit order for that.

Comment

• well I'm slowly moving upward
                1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• So I have still been logging in some and checking on the game. On 11/10, I bought 1000 shares of CTLO at $2.95. It's not at $4.80, and I can't do anything with it in my portfolio. WTF is up with that?

Comment

• Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                    So I have still been logging in some and checking on the game. On 11/10, I bought 1000 shares of CTLO at $2.95. It's not at $4.80, and I can't do anything with it in my portfolio. WTF is up with that?
                    Looks like it's changed tickers to neko. I don't know where you guys find this shit, lmao.

Comment

Looks like it's changed tickers to neko. I don't know where you guys find this shit, lmao.
                      Text messages man!
                      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Yeah, but I need to sell it while it's up!!!

Edit: It's up to $5.50 now.

Comment

• + 20% in one day. going for more tomorrow!

Comment

• I am sick of Europe, bonds, Italy, and all that other shit that is contributing to this shit of a mess.
                            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

• Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                              I am sick of Europe, bonds, Italy, and all that other shit that is contributing to this shit of a mess.
                              theres a new crisis everyday! no better time to be buying!

Comment

• Never let a good crisis go to waste. panic selling no doubt

Comment

Working...
                                X