Does God Want People to Go to Hell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
    Could someone ever convince you to believe in Santa Claus?
    My father let me in on it way to early in life to give you an honest answer.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
      So believing in his heart and confessing with his mouth that Christ died on the cross for his sins isnt his own works? Christianity is so ridiculous...
      The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie, who was his own father, can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree. Religion = legally protected psychosis.
      that was excellent!

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by BrianC View Post
        Alrighty, let's look at what you believe then. You believe that 15-20 billion years ago, the entire matter of the universe somehow appeared out of nothing (that's against science, by the way, because it's illogical and irrational), and this mass was smaller than the period at the end of this sentence. That's one dense period. Then, it began to spin extremely fast until it somehow stirred up enough friction to explode and expand into this great big universe we see today. By the way, that's also against science and reason and logic, because if that occurred, then everything should be evenly distributed throughout the universe and everything should spin the same direction... but it doesn't. Moons orbit different directions and spin different directions, planets spin different directions, solar systems rotate different directions and entire galaxies spin different directions. So, this is against science and logic. It's a belief, not science.

Then, about 4.5 billion years ago, a bunch of dust and gas collected and said, "Hey guys! Let's form a planet!" So, magically, Earth formed. By the way, that is also against science. It was disproved long ago by gas laws. So this is a belief, not science.

Then, about 3 billion years ago, it began to rain on the rocks, and this created oceans of slime. The slime magically came to life.

(By the way, this has also been disproved as possible, because in a laboratory, we can only create 3 proteins and only if oxygen does not exist in the environment. Yet, we know oxygen has always existed on earth and must exist for life to exist. Oh, and there are 20 proteins required for life to exist and for living things to be built. And those 20 proteins must be in the correct order and turned the same direction. The 3 proteins they can create in laboratories are never turned the right direction. Heck, we haven't even decoded the human genome, and anyone who tells you different is a liar or ignorant. In 2003, we were only 1/3000th of the way through decoding the genome. We're only a little further along today.)

So anyway, life forming out of slime is illogical, irrational and disproved (also known as NOT SCIENTIFIC). It's just a belief, not science, especially since science has disproved it.

So, this slime that magically came to life did so at the same time another slime came to life of the opposite sex. They got married and had little slime babies. Oh, they also found something to eat to survive too. And eventually, these nifty little slime babies kept reproducing and evolved into advanced complex beings called humans. Your great, great, great, great, great, great, great granddaddy was slime!

You believe all things have a common ancestor. So, you believe you and a frog have a common ancestor. Let's see... so, if in a fairytale a princess kisses a frog and it turns into a prince, that's just make-believe, because it happened instantly and we know that cannot happen... but if evolutionists say that the frog turned into a human over millions of years, that makes it true and scientific? LOL Wow... delusional much? That's a BELIEF, not science.

Let's recap:

You believe - Dirt came from nothingness, dirt exploded and created everything, and we all evolved from rocks 3 million years ago. Sounds perfectly reasonable and scientific to me!

I believe - An eternal God created everything in a perfect balance just as He said He did about 6,000 years ago.

Tell me, which takes more faith to believe in? And which is more absurd and illogical?

I mean, at least I can say that someone created everything in order to adhere to the logic that if something exists it was created. At least I have a solution for where the programming of DNA comes from, not a lame explanation of "it just happened that way". At least I have logic to my worldview. What do you have?

So, which of us is more absurd? And which of us believes in a religion rather than science? Because I guarantee, since neither of us can prove the origin of all things, neither of us is in the realm of science when it comes to origins. It's religious, not scientific. You believe in a religion of rocks evolving into man and everything coming from nothing - you just won't admit it, because you'd look like a complete idiot if you did.
        I gain tons of knowledge reading your posts. Always enjoy reading what you have to say.
        Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
          I gain tons of knowledge reading your posts. Always enjoy reading what you have to say.
          Fair warning, I wouldn't take any of it to heart. He doesn't have a clue what he is talking about when it comes to evolution. He's just long winded. I've tried arguing with him before but it gets exhausting because he simply cannot get anything I try to teach him.

Let's not forget that this guy thought asthma was caused by demons and he fixed it by exorcising them. He also lied about what the Merck said, but then confessed someone "told him what it said once".

Comment

I know a moderator. :P
            Remember when you said you were going to stop posting? That was a good day.

Comment

I must reiterate, don't allow him to make pseudo science be accepted as the real deal. There really isn't anything to gain reading his post, in regards to science.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
                Fair warning, I wouldn't take any of it to heart. He doesn't have a clue what he is talking about when it comes to evolution. He's just long winded. I've tried arguing with him before but it gets exhausting because he simply cannot get anything I try to teach him.

Let's not forget that this guy thought asthma was caused by demons and he fixed it by exorcising them. He also lied about what the Merck said, but then confessed someone "told him what it said once".
                I never lied about the Merck manual. I went to a seminar where quotes from the Merck Manual were posted up on a projector. I repeated what the quotes said. No need to start lying to discredit me. That's just uncalled for...

And I don't think this guy needs you to make his decisions for him on what he can and cannot read and believe. I'm sure he's been reading these posts for a while now.

Oh, and like I said, you're calling one of the moderators an idiot if you say what I believe is idiotic, because he believes the same as I do about this stuff. It's not just me.

Comment

I try to encourage people to go research for themselves and find the information I've found as well as information from the other side of the arguments. I also must admit that enjoy making evolutionists look like idiots, which is a guilty pleasure. lol It always resorts to them trying to make me look bad instead of debating the facts. Exlude is evidence of that. lol

Every time he posts, it just cracks me up. He's a source of endless entertainment. Though, I'm going to start ignoring his posts now, because I figure that might tick him off and that's pretty funny too. lol

Comment

Originally posted by 5point0pony View Post
                    I must reiterate, don't allow him to make pseudo science be accepted as the real deal. There really isn't anything to gain reading his post, in regards to science.
                    I'm glad he has intelligent people such as yourself to tell him what to think and believe. LOL It's like you people don't think he has a brain in his head and can't think for himself so you need to do it for him. That's too funny.

Why don't you have some respect for others and assume that they are as intelligent or maybe more so than you and can think for themselves? It's very belittling... He doesn't need a mommy to tell him what to think.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
                      Remember when you said you were going to stop posting? That was a good day.
                      Yeah, but then I thought, "If I don't post anymore, I can't draw Exlude into these discussions where he goes off on me anymore, and that would be such a loss." So I decided to come back here and piss you off some more just for kicks and giggles. lol

Comment

I never lied about the Merck manual. I went to a seminar where quotes from the Merck Manual were posted up on a projector. I repeated what the quotes said. No need to start lying to discredit me. That's just uncalled for...

And I don't think this guy needs you to make his decisions for him on what he can and cannot read and believe. I'm sure he's been reading these posts for a while now.

Oh, and like I said, you're calling one of the moderators an idiot if you say what I believe is idiotic, because he believes the same as I do about this stuff. It's not just me.
                        In all honesty, I really haven't decided if you're lying or not. There are two options with you:

1) You can't scrape by on the facts as they don't support you so you lie your way into support (the Merck debacle would support this).

2) You can't understand the facts so you spout off with your rediculously misguided interpretation of the facts.

I've got no problems with flashstang on here, so it is what it is. But it just fascinates me to see someone so confused, so wrong spout of like he thinks he is right.

Comment

Yeah, but then I thought, "If I don't post anymore, I can't draw Exlude into these discussions where he goes off on me anymore, and that would be such a loss." So I decided to come back here and piss you off some more just for kicks and giggles. lol
                          This is almost as factual as the rest of your posts. I believe you came back to antagonize Phillystang. Me beating you over the head on DFWS was just an added kick for me.

Comment

Alrighty, let's look at what you believe then. You believe that 15-20 billion years ago, the entire matter of the universe somehow appeared out of nothing (that's against science, by the way, because it's illogical and irrational), and this mass was smaller than the period at the end of this sentence. That's one dense period. Then, it began to spin extremely fast until it somehow stirred up enough friction to explode and expand into this great big universe we see today. By the way, that's also against science and reason and logic, because if that occurred, then everything should be evenly distributed throughout the universe and everything should spin the same direction... but it doesn't. Moons orbit different directions and spin different directions, planets spin different directions, solar systems rotate different directions and entire galaxies spin different directions. So, this is against science and logic. It's a belief, not science.

Then, about 4.5 billion years ago, a bunch of dust and gas collected and said, "Hey guys! Let's form a planet!" So, magically, Earth formed. By the way, that is also against science. It was disproved long ago by gas laws. So this is a belief, not science.

Then, about 3 billion years ago, it began to rain on the rocks, and this created oceans of slime. The slime magically came to life.

(By the way, this has also been disproved as possible, because in a laboratory, we can only create 3 proteins and only if oxygen does not exist in the environment. Yet, we know oxygen has always existed on earth and must exist for life to exist. Oh, and there are 20 proteins required for life to exist and for living things to be built. And those 20 proteins must be in the correct order and turned the same direction. The 3 proteins they can create in laboratories are never turned the right direction. Heck, we haven't even decoded the human genome, and anyone who tells you different is a liar or ignorant. In 2003, we were only 1/3000th of the way through decoding the genome. We're only a little further along today.)

So anyway, life forming out of slime is illogical, irrational and disproved (also known as NOT SCIENTIFIC). It's just a belief, not science, especially since science has disproved it.

So, this slime that magically came to life did so at the same time another slime came to life of the opposite sex. They got married and had little slime babies. Oh, they also found something to eat to survive too. And eventually, these nifty little slime babies kept reproducing and evolved into advanced complex beings called humans. Your great, great, great, great, great, great, great granddaddy was slime!

You believe all things have a common ancestor. So, you believe you and a frog have a common ancestor. Let's see... so, if in a fairytale a princess kisses a frog and it turns into a prince, that's just make-believe, because it happened instantly and we know that cannot happen... but if evolutionists say that the frog turned into a human over millions of years, that makes it true and scientific? LOL Wow... delusional much? That's a BELIEF, not science.

Let's recap:

You believe - Dirt came from nothingness, dirt exploded and created everything, and we all evolved from rocks 3 million years ago. Sounds perfectly reasonable and scientific to me!

I believe - An eternal God created everything in a perfect balance just as He said He did about 6,000 years ago.

Tell me, which takes more faith to believe in? And which is more absurd and illogical?

I mean, at least I can say that someone created everything in order to adhere to the logic that if something exists it was created. At least I have a solution for where the programming of DNA comes from, not a lame explanation of "it just happened that way". At least I have logic to my worldview. What do you have?

So, which of us is more absurd? And which of us believes in a religion rather than science? Because I guarantee, since neither of us can prove the origin of all things, neither of us is in the realm of science when it comes to origins. It's religious, not scientific. You believe in a religion of rocks evolving into man and everything coming from nothing - you just won't admit it, because you'd look like a complete idiot if you did.
                            Then who created God?

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieMWD View Post
                              Then who created God?
                              Santa Claus's elves

Comment

Arguing with a psychotic person is attempting to employ rational thought to modify the behavior of someone who simply cannot recognize their own pathology. If challenged too strongly, many people with delusions will reach a state of cognitive dissonance, and dig their heels in on their belief. They often have a great deal invested in their belief and understandably don't take kindly to someone saying "nope, actually it's like this..."

Comment

Working...
                                X