Uncle Ted meets bummers goons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    I did. That was 1861. Since then, the Supreme Court has upheld the constitutionality of the federal government calling up a draft and, something I didn't know, there is a special draft for health care providers. On December 1, 1989, Congress ordered the Selective Service System to put in place a system capable of drafting "persons qualified for practice or employment in a health care and professional occupation", if such a special-skills draft should be ordered by Congress.[66] In response, Selective Service published plans for the "Health Care Personnel Delivery System " (HCPDS) in 1989 and has had them ready ever since. The concept underwent a preliminary field exercise in Fiscal Year 1998, followed by a more extensive nationwide readiness exercise in Fiscal Year 1999. The HCPDS plans include women and men ages 20–54 in 57 different job categories.[67] As of May 2003, the Defense Department has said the most likely form of draft is a special skills draft, probably of health care workers.[68]
    This says nothing to disprove my statement that the Continental Army and Militia in the Revolutionary War were volunteers.

I also never said that the draft wasn't a law. I did say that 200.000 people disobeyed the law in order to change it.

It is still on the books, but I would LOVE to see what happens to the dumb motherfucker of a politician that tries to enforce it.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      ..and just to add my own thoughts to that, I don't feel forced enlistment into the service has ANY place in a free society. I wouldn't want to be the one enlisted man going into battle with 15 people beside me who were forced to be there through legislation instead of believing in what they were doing. The entire scenario reeks of idiocy from a basic psychological point on every single level.
      EXACTLY my thoughts.

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
      You also aren't reading your own citations...See bold.

All jackass remarks aside, I understand your love of country, but you have to understand that the use of tyranny to take someone's freedom to choose in order to fight for freedom from tyranny, is no freedom worth defending and is no freedom at all.

Comment

Yes, there is that freedom. You have the freedom to overthrow any tyrannous government by force or vote. Jefferson said that. However, you do not have the right to ignore the country's call to war. If you do, then you should be arrested and exiled.
        It's always interesting how former military views this subject. You'd think they'd all be vehemently anti draft. You know what happens when you force a bunch of people to go fight a war they don't want to fight? American lives are lost, because they don't give a fuck. The loves list could very well be your own.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

EXACTLY my thoughts.

Yeah, yours was a good post too.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Yeah, yours was a good post too.
            Wasn't looking for your approval, fuckstick!

I was editing my post for a while and wanted to make sure Frost saw it since he only quoted the first part of it.

Comment

Wasn't looking for your approval, fuckstick!

I was editing my post for a while and wanted to make sure Frost saw it since he only quoted the first part of it.

Well you got it anyway peckerwood!!

Comment

This says nothing to disprove my statement that the Continental Army and Militia in the Revolutionary War were volunteers.

I also never said that the draft wasn't a law. I did say that 200.000 people disobeyed the law in order to change it.

It is still on the books, but I would LOVE to see what happens to the dumb motherfucker of a politician that tries to enforce it.
                That's just it. The law wasn't changed. It's still there. There are still penalties for disobeying it
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

That's just it. The law wasn't changed. It's still there. There are still penalties for disobeying it
                  Oi, did you even read your quote of my post?

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    It's always interesting how former military views this subject. You'd think they'd all be vehemently anti draft. You know what happens when you force a bunch of people to go fight a war they don't want to fight? American lives are lost, because they don't give a fuck. The loves list could very well be your own.
                    The draft is horrible but it's there. I don't think I said I like it, I said it's law. If your country calls you up, you should go. Those who don't want to serve get those of us who chose to killed in combat because they freak or run. Or both. However, again, if you're called up in a time of need, you should go. Not that I like the law, not that I think it's a great piece of legislation. Service has always been part of a free society. If no one serves, if everyone chooses to duck the sacrifice, then the country fails.

IF you don't like the law however, then you fight to get it overturned. You don't ignore it. That's like the Founders saying "We don't agree with the king but instead of fighting for our freedom, we're just going to sit at home and hope that our homes are safe."

Comment

Oi, did you even read your quote of my post?
                      I did. You said 200,000 people ignored the draft to change it. It wasn't changed. What they did was and is still illegal and is still punishable (with the exception of those granted amnesty).

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        Its like this, we serve so you don't have to. When you take that oath, you do so knowing at any point in time you could very well be called to war. When that time comes you go whether or not you agree with why. You go to protect the guys that have become your brothers, and they go to do the same. But, if shit gets bad enough that we need more bodies to make sure we get the job done, you better not go shit your pants for a week and file for academic exemption while playing 200 shows the year you supposedly were too busy with school. Do you want to go, hell no, but you don't let family go off without having their back.
                        Slow moving projects
                        1964 C10 350/700r4
                        1992 LX 5.0

Comment

I did. You said 200,000 people ignored the draft to change it. It wasn't changed. What they did was and is still illegal and is still punishable (with the exception of those granted amnesty).
                          Read it again.

Comment

200.000 people disobeyed the law in order to change it.
                            What did I miss? Nothing changed, the law is still the same and is still on the books. What law did they change?

Comment

What did I miss? Nothing changed, the law is still the same and is still on the books. What law did they change?

Read. It. Again

Didn't I say it is still on the books?

Yes, I did.

Did I make any statement that said the law was changed?

No. I did not.

I said:

Do you need to read it again?
                              Last edited by sc281; 04-20-2012, 06:29 PM.

Comment

The government doesn't own me. It can't make me do something that I don't want to do, especially if what they want is going to put me in harms way.

Comment

Working...
                                X