Individual Mandate Constitutional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    What happens with the unemployment folks? How do they get insurance? Cobra?
    QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

• I had a customer who was telling me some of the details as they understood it, so take this as speculation that needs verification:

if you have insurance, the government doesnt tax you. If you dont, you have to pay a tax come tax time. If you are hit with the tax penalty, and you get a refund, they will take it out of it.

If you dont have insurance, and you make over $80 as a household, there is no benefit to you, heathcare is up to you to pay, or pay the tax. If you are under $80k as a household, there will be some sort of subsidezed plan for you. If you are in low income status, its free?
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
        No perceived at all. Its a fact, we lost the freedom to freely choose weather or not we want to purchase health insurance today.
        I tried to express my argument but it was falling on deaf ears. I couldn't change their minds any more than they could change mine.

As for the general public, we are apparently in the minority. In an MSN 58% think that Roberts made the correct decision.

Comment

• It sounds like some one got to them. especially with this bit on unelected officials changing things.... We're screwed guys and romney won't be any better he has his own version of healthcare as well.

Comment

• Allow me to share a recent anecdote on not having health insurance. I work for a small company, Robert is in the family business, neither one of us have insurance. We set money aside for medical bills, and we negotiate cash payments. I looked into insurance for myself, him, and the one child we have that is uninsured. For a high deductible 70/30 policy for the three of us, they wanted over $800/mo.

Recently, my son needed to have some testing for a genetic disorder. I negotiated cash payments for the doctor's visits and for the testing. With insurance, I was looking at $250 for the initial consultation, $500 for the comprehensive eye exams, $2000 for the echocardiogram, and $800 for the doctor to read it. When you add in $800 for my high deductible premium, that's a total of $4350 out-of-pocket to apply toward my deductible. Had my deductible been met, I would be looking at $1065 for my copay and $800 for my premium..a total of $1865.

Now, since I don't have insurance and negotiated a cash price paid up front, we paid $125 for the initial consultation, $250 for the comprehensive eye exams, $200 for the echocardiogram, which included the doctor's report. A total of $575.
            Last edited by Treasure Chest; 06-28-2012, 11:36 AM.

Comment

One of the exceptions to not have to pay for insurance is, if you have to pay more than 8% of your income for insurance. Assuming it counts what I pay for my family plan, then I would qualify for that. Woohoo! I wouldn't be required to buy insurance!

In spite of that, I am still totally against it. I gain absolutely nothing from it and, much more importantly, I give up not just the freedom to choose to buy health insurance but all of the other freedoms of choice that will be stripped from me in the future when they twist this decision around. The govt has no business telling what I have to do.

Comment

• Renounce citizenship, remain here illegally. No fines, no healthcare costs, all win!

Comment

• 35 pages?
                  Detailing by Dylan
                  817-494-3396
                  Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                  Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

• Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                    I tried to express my argument but it was falling on deaf ears. I couldn't change their minds any more than they could change mine.

As for the general public, we are apparently in the minority. In an MSN 58% think that Roberts made the correct decision.

http://nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...-care-law?lite
                    Don't fool yourself, 95% of their viewers are liberal, and they only managed 58%? Majority data shows 60-65% of Americans are against it.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Karl Rove said earlier that this is the second leftist position that Roberts has taken this year. Good appointment, Dubya!!
                      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                        Karl Rove said earlier that this is the second leftist position that Roberts has taken this year. Good appointment, Dubya!!
                        He wasn't his first choice.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Im so pissed I cant sleep...tonight at work is going to suck

Comment

• Article on the news outlets reporting incorrectly that it had been struck down this morning:

The Supreme Court upheld the individual insurance mandate of President Obama's "Affordable Health Care Act" in a 5-4 decision on Thursday, sending cable news and Twitter into a frenzy. Moments after the 193-page ruling was released by the court, several media outlets--including CNN and Fox News--erroneously reported on-air that the mandate had been struck down. [...]

Comment

• One of the darkest days in this country's history. Obamacare upheld and now we've got the Democratic elected cocksuckers preparing to walkout when it comes time to hold the vote on Holder's contempt. 1776 part deux sounds really good right now.
                              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

• In. I don't like tea any way.

Comment

Working...
                                X