Don't ask Don't Tell is dead...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    Oh, I agree Lason. However if you're going to allow some deviants to be allowed in the military, you should allow all sexual deviants to be open about it. Afterall, aren't pedophiles, people who engage in beastiality and incest people as well and isn't their sexuality just who they are? If it's who they are, it can't be changed and should be accepted with open arms.

Right? Bleeding heart libs want to go on the offensive here and tell me that some deviance should be accepted but not others?
    Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    It is the same thing. NAMBLA believes it's okay to have sex with consenting children. It's a sexual deviance that you don't agree with so that makes it wrong? Why don't you support their right to express their natural born sexual preference? You're not pedophobic are you?

I consider two consenting adults different than a adult abusing a child but its obvious you and vertnut disagree. Whats even scarier is that you guys know what that nambla thing is. That is some sick shit!

Honestly what it boils down to, is that you believe what you believe is right and wont consider anyone elses opinion. Im reminded of close friends that served in vietnam and still believe blacks shouldnt be allowed to serve. Im sure with the next generation, this wont even be an after thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lason View Post
      I consider two consenting adults different than a adult abusing a child but its obvious you and vertnut disagree. Whats even scarier is that you guys know what that nambla thing is. That is some sick shit!

Honestly what it boils down to, is that you believe what you believe is right and wont consider anyone elses opinion. Im reminded of close friends that served in vietnam and still believe blacks shouldnt be allowed to serve. Im sure with the next generation, this wont even be an after thought.
      Race and sexual preference should not be compared. NAMBLA has been an issue for many years, because it's a "protected" organization by liberals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
        Race and sexual preference should not be compared.
        No, your right but Im actually comparing soldiers of different generations and their views. Insert sexual preference, race, etc into it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ceyko View Post
          Also, the point I was making is now those effective leaders MAY lose their effectiveness because they can admit what their preferences are and hell - they can even prance around if they want.

Understand that you're also dealing with 17-22 year old kids who make up a huge portion of our military. You may have been a prodigy at that age, but most are just set in their ways and idiots. (I certainly was, more so then I am now. )

My point is at 33 y/o I'm not going to ever respect a cock gobbler like I would a standard male heterosexual. I have to tolerate gay males in society, I don't have to respect them. It could be hard for young kids to even tolerate them.
          A valid point. Well said.

Originally posted by GSRGuy94 View Post
          So none of ya'll have gay friends?
          Nope. There are certain types of people that all people won't be friends with. You have preferences on people that you won't be friends with as well, I'm sure. I won't be friends with a liberal, because I feel that they are small minded people who let emotion blind them, and act like spoiled, entitled, bratty kids. I won't be friends with active drug users, though I'll make a small exception for marijuana because through my own little research I'm of the opinion that its not any worse for you than alcohol or cigarettes. I don't smoke it myself though, and won't tolerate it being smoked around me. Sorry man, but this is what liberals don't understand. You can't like someone that you don't respect. And I just don't have any respect for these people.

Comment

No, your right but Im actually comparing soldiers of different generations and their views. Insert sexual preference, race, etc into it.
            Gotcha.

Comment

• Comparing 2 consenting adults to 1 consenting adult and _________(anything other than a consenting adult) is a seriously weak arguement.

Comment

• Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
                Nope. There are certain types of people that all people won't be friends with. You have preferences on people that you won't be friends with as well, I'm sure. I won't be friends with a liberal, because I feel that they are small minded people who let emotion blind them, and act like spoiled, entitled, bratty kids. I won't be friends with active drug users, though I'll make a small exception for marijuana because through my own little research I'm of the opinion that its not any worse for you than alcohol or cigarettes. I don't smoke it myself though, and won't tolerate it being smoked around me. Sorry man, but this is what liberals don't understand. You can't like someone that you don't respect. And I just don't have any respect for these people.
                You are a walking contradiction

Comment

• Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
                  That's funny, because my best friend is a right-wing conservative Republican. Her dad was a Baptist pastor (we all went to the same church), her uncle was the Vice President of the Southern Baptist convention, her family was good friends with Jerry Falwell, etc. But we both understand that neither of us is right 100% of the time. Which is something that it seems a few people don't get.
                  Originally posted by Lason View Post
                  I'm glad I'm not the only person that sees that...

Comment

• Notice the uniform...it has been well known that these guys are fags anyway.

Comment

I'd have to disagree, as I've already stated I'm not a liberal. Sorry.

Comment

• Fair enough, we'll take kids out of the equation. What about those who commit incest with an adult family member? Let's legalize that as well. And I'm talking brother/sister, mother adult son, father adult daughter or any combination thereof. Afterall, it's between two consenting adults, so it's fine, right?
                        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• You're grasping at straws. And you're also deviating from the point of the thread. Gays have always been in the military... it's just been "don't ask, don't tell." Let me ask you a question; Let's pretend that gay marriage is legalized in TX. A gay couple moves in down the street from you. There is also a house down the street where you know for a fact there is an incestual father/daughter relationship going on. Would you not report the incest, just because it's cool for the gay guys to be there?

Edit: Better question; If gay marriage wasn't legal here and there was the same scenario on your street... are you telling me that you consider those offenses to be of equal severity?
                          Last edited by GSRGuy94; 12-28-2010, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• No no no that's wrong. Cause see that is backed by science, and not morals see?? Those people wouldn't have genetically sound kids. (even though there is no scientific evidence that gays are born gay)

Or wait, maybe its more like..

You're right! Those people should be allowed every right that the rest of society enjoys! Just because you don't agree with their choice doesn't make it wrong! They have no choice in the matter! They're born incestuous!

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                              Fair enough, we'll take kids out of the equation. What about those who commit incest with an adult family member? Let's legalize that as well. And I'm talking brother/sister, mother adult son, father adult daughter or any combination thereof. Afterall, it's between two consenting adults, so it's fine, right?
                              Which way are you going with this? Civilian laws or UCMJ? Your grabbing at straws trying to rationilize this.

Comment

• Nope, not grasping at straws at all. The UCMJ looks down on any form of deviation from the 'norm'. From sex to actions unbecoming. And pedophiles and incestuous actors and people who fuck sheep, all have been in the military, we just don't ask and they don't tell. Same thing. Hell, there are even murderers and some arsonists and just about every kind of law breaker you can fit your head around. Do we ask them? Nope. It's not pertient. However, if you're for allowing everyone to be open with whom they are, then it only makes sense to let everyone be open about who they are in every situation.

You know what? I don't feel this uniform reflects who I am as a person. I think next formation I'm going to bleach it a bit to make it less dark and moody.
                                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                                X