Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
    Yeah, you REMF'ers had it pretty easy.
    A) you're old, even the majority of marine grunts have barracks with private showers now
    B) I don't know about the rangers but when marine arty goes to the field our showers consist of a bottle or two of water every week or so.
    The only place I'd concede on the group shower argument is the navy but they're all Peter puffers anyways.

Comment

• LOL...showers were overrated anyway. A bottle of water to wash your cock, your ass and your armpits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yale View Post
        If I were, It would've been common knowledge on here a long time ago. The reason I'm passionate is, my Dad is gay. We can have a whole other discussion about that if you want to, but it will make this thread pretty messy, and I think you're just stirring the pot anyway.

I hadn't considered married gays. Ultimately, congress could vote to legalize gay marriage nationally, which may happen, or the Supreme Court may get involved. I think this repeal will end up pushing that national dialogue a lot further than a lot of folks expected it to go in the near future.

I think you'll see the same number of gays checking out straights as you see now. You and I can't control who looks at us, and how. Once more, the gays that let it get in the way of their job won't likely last too long. I said earlier that the straight troops that are uncomfortable with it should be given the option of honorable discharge.

The DoD already said this isn't an option. According to the report that they filed, no new barracks or showers were to be created, allowing service members who disagree with homosexuality to leave would not be permitted, basically, everyone would have to suck it up. However the question should be, if a gay man can shower with a straight man, why can't I shower with that hot MP chick with big tits? Same thing, right?
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Lawsuits will surely be filed...what a great big cluster-fuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            if a gay man can shower with a straight man, why can't I shower with that hot MP chick with big tits? Same thing, right?
            That's an easy one, that's because you don't have game!!!!

Comment

• We do not recommend segregated housing for gay or lesbian Service members.
              We believe this would do more harm than good for unit cohesion, create a climate of
              stigmatization and isolation, and be impossible to enforce or administer unless Service
              members are required to disclose their sexual orientation. On the other hand, we are
              sensitive to concerns expressed to us by commanders that disputes may arise between gay
              and straight Service members assigned to live together involving, at least to some extent,
              sexual orientation. Commanders should have the flexibility, on a case-by-case basis, to
              addresses those concerns in the interests of maintaining morale, good order, and discipline.

Here again, we are convinced that separate bathroom facilities would do more harm
              than good to unit cohesion and would be impracticable to administer and enforce. Concerns
              about showers and bathrooms are based on a stereotype—that gay men and lesbians will
              behave in an inappropriate or predatory manner in these situations. As one gay former
              Service member told us, to fit in, co-exist, and conform to social norms, gay men have
              learned to avoid making heterosexuals feel uncomfortable or threatened in situation such
              as this. The reality is that people of different sexual orientation use shower and bathroom
              facilities together every day in hundreds of thousands of college dorms, college and high
              school gyms, professional sports locker rooms, police and fire stations, and athletic clubs.
              Accordingly, we recommend the Department of Defense expressly prohibit the
              designation of separate facilities based on sexual orientation, except that commanders
              retain the authority to adjudicate requests for accommodation of privacy concerns on an
              individualized, case-by-case basis in the interest of maintaining morale, good order, and
              discipline, and consistent with performance of mission. It should also be recognized that
              commanders already have the tools—from counseling, to non-judicial punishment, to
              UCMJ prosecution—to deal with misbehavior in both living quarters and bathing situations,
              whether the person who engages in the misconduct is gay or straight.

Release from Service Commitments
              Some Service members told us they would seek to be released from their service
              commitments if Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell were repealed, based on their opposition to gay men
              and lesbians in the military or to homosexuality in general. We recommend against a policy
              allowing release from service commitments and voluntary discharge of Service members
              based on opposition to living or serving with gay or lesbian Service members after a repeal
              of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell. The U.S. military is an all-volunteer force, but once Service members
              join the Military Services, they are not guaranteed a certain legal or policy landscape for
              the duration of their commitment.393 At present, Service members serve alongside others of
              different backgrounds, beliefs, races, and religions, reflective of American society as a whole.
              This already includes gay men and lesbians, and most Service members recognize that. It
              would be inappropriate, unworkable, and unfair to others to adopt a policy that permits
              release based on an assertion of incompatibility with or intolerance for gay men and lesbians.
              Under existing regulations, Service members may request to be voluntarily discharged under
              a military department secretary’s plenary authority. The military department Secretary
              has the discretion whether to grant such requests, and only after determining the early
              separation to be in the best interest of the Service. Such discretionary discharges should
              only be permitted when they meet the standard of being in the best interest of the Service.

Comment

• Just in case you want to read the report for yourself

I don't need game, I'm retired.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowLX View Post
                  A) you're old, even the majority of marine grunts have barracks with private showers now
                  B) I don't know about the rangers but when marine arty goes to the field our showers consist of a bottle or two of water every week or so.
                  The only place I'd concede on the group shower argument is the navy but they're all Peter puffers anyways.
                  In the infantry, we have unscented baby wipes

Comment

• Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                    Ever been to NTC, Iraq, Afghanistan? Some nice camps in later two places, but a lot of open showers and crappers - NTC as well.
                    The handful of times I got a real shower in fallujah it was in a shower trailer which had private stalls. On my op we made our own private area for water bottle showers and This was almost 6 years ago. I agree with dadt however you guys could be using better arguments than I don't want a queer staring at me when that only applies to one branch on a more than occasional basis.
                    Last edited by SlowLX; 12-27-2010, 07:09 PM.

Comment

In the infantry, we have unscented baby wipes
                      Me too but I was good at finding things in the field so a bottle of water for a luxurious field shower ain't no big deal.

Comment

The handful of times I got a real shower in fallujah it was in a shower trailer which had private stalls. On my op we made our own private area for water bottle showers and This was almost 6 years ago. I agree with dadt however you guys could be using better arguments than I don't want a queer staring at me when that only applies to one branch on a more than occasional basis.

Can you say that this will be true for ALL other branches, in other situations? Have you ever served on a sub or carrier?

Comment

Lucky Bastard. In Sadr City, we had a water buffalo and that was it.

Comment

Lucky Bastard. In Sadr City, we had a water buffalo and that was it.
                            That sucks had a similar situation at ecp 1 outside fallujah.

Comment

• Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
                              Can you say that this will be true for ALL other branches, in other situations? Have you ever served on a sub or carrier?
                              If you could read all the way through a thread you could see I already conceded that they'd navy would need separate consideration because of the limited privacy.

Comment

If you could read all the way through a thread you could see I already conceded that they'd navy would need separate consideration because of the limited privacy.
                                Except for the fact that's not always possible. Right up to the last, the democrats represent what they are about. Perversion.

Comment

Working...
                                X