RNC changes rules last minute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ron And Sarah

Ron Paul and Sarah Palin should go to Mitty boy and tell him they are going to run a third party ticket unless they get some things they want. Mitt would piss himself.

Comment

The Texas delegation is putting up a fight and going to drag it out on the floor if needed.

Lone Star Republicans at the convention are rebelling against a rule change they say would reward big donors

Mark Levin is even all twisted up about it...

Conservatives of all stripes, especially Tea Party activists, this is an attempt to destroy your ability to influence the presidential and vice presidential nomination process in the Republican Party. It is an attempt to eviscerate the input of state parties. It is a brazen assault on the grassroots. And it is sleazy to the core.

If I didn’t know better, I’d think Obama was behind it. Instead, Romney’s operatives are orchestrating it.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
        Frost, do you think Paul is "bad" for the republican party?

Edit: change "the republican party" to America or politics if you like.
        yes

Comment

They really should learn. Paul lost. Badly. Actually, if memory serves, worse than anyone else polled.
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by FastFox View Post
            Ron Paul and Sarah Palin should go to Mitty boy and tell him they are going to run a third party ticket unless they get some things they want. Mitt would piss himself.
            I'm a Ron Paul fan, but the only way that would make Mitt piss himself would be from laughter.

Palin?!? Fucking really?

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
              I'm a Ron Paul fan, but the only way that would make Mitt piss himself would be from laughter.

Palin?!? Fucking really?
              Two people who were defeated trying to pull something on Mitt? Excuse me while I giggle
              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Looks like a compromise has been reached involving the new rules. It may not satisfy ALL 320 RP delegates (out of about 2200?) but hopefully mend a fence or two. Supposedly, there will be a nice RP video speech played during the convention instead of him not being there in person. Another compromise (and what I would perceive as a tribute) to the RP camp.

Comment

The longer it went on the more people realized, "Hey, even though we don't want the RP folks here this could come back to bite us in the ass. Why should we give up all of our power to the leadership just because we agree with them this time?"

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                    The longer it went on the more people realized, "Hey, even though we don't want the RP folks here this could come back to bite us in the ass. Why should we give up all of our power to the leadership just because we agree with them this time?"
                    Apparently, there was a big "pow-wow" last night among all the big-wigs. It's a good move. Probably not enough for all you guys, but at least they're not giving RP the finger. I understand there will be an excellent video presentation given by RP, that could re-invigorate some of his delegates and hopefully guide them towards the republican party.

Comment

Dr. Paul is a loose cannon. But according to him, "still winning delegates!!"
                      Last edited by Dlachance; 08-28-2012, 01:24 PM.
                      Detailing by Dylan
                      817-494-3396
                      Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                      Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

This is how it finally went down with our speaker having the pleasure. People have no idea how big of an impact this will have on the future of GOP and how they select their candidates. It was bought and sold right here by the hired guns/"advisors" that undermine the entire goal of the party. The dopes that went along with this have no idea how bad this will bite them in the ass. I even listened to Mark Levin on the way home and heard him blast the RNC for the first hour of his show. I don't see eye to eye with that guy on everything, but at least he can put down the kool-aid for minute and realize this is way too much.

Comment

Repeat it enough times and you'll believe it as truth.

This doesn't have anything to do with winning the nomination for the Paul camp; whether his supporters see it that way or not doesn't matter, and referencing their misplaced fervor as the reason it's okay to circumvent established convention in the process is approaching libtastic levels of retardation.

It's the Convention level representation of a Presidential Executive Order. It should be an outrage that the Convention is being run like this, regardless of who the slighted party is, be it Dr. Paul or whoever it may be in the future.

Surrounding yourself with nothing but like-minded individuals is a sure fire way to insure that you're going to miss something; squelching any semblance of stratification of ideas and thought at the Convention will work exactly the same.

Comment

Working...
                          X