VP Debate tonight - Ryan v. Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by naynay View Post
    lol at this guy.. i spent 180 days in denton county for running from the popo's on a motorcycle.. that was 12 years ago. who am i blaming for anything? i make damn good money and didnt need a college degree to do it! i drink a glass of talent juice before bed, i wake up and whiz excellence. you should give it a try!
    nfl or nba?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlitzAttack View Post
      I just don't understand how people can re elect Obama. I mean I can't think of one good thing the man has done for this country.
      cuz people still dislike the republican party that got bush into office. at least that's what i hear from some people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
        Biden did better than I expected. Some things that really bothered me: He flat out lied about the Libyan embassy requesting more security. In another out-and-out lie, he threw our intelligence people right under the bus when he said they were the ones that told him that a video caused the attack. That constant smirk on his face (and sometimes just outright laughing) drove me nuts. Imagine him as our POTUS. What a scumbag.

Sums up how I looked at it perfectly.

Comment

• What got me was the way he fluted arrogance and the interruptions. All I kept thinking was I hope this isn't the way he deals with foreign dignitaries, if so It's no wonder everyone hates us.
          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

• Originally posted by naynay View Post
            must be the reason! they are all 35-60 year old white couples, all married, some gay, lots of young children. all in $2-300k houses. Are WE the middle class they speak of?!
            You're in Oak Cliff. Of course you will see Barry signs everywhere. Your big problem is that he will lose Texas by 10-15% points. Enjoy your delusional ride while it lasts.

Comment

• Originally posted by dee View Post
              What got me was the way he fluted arrogance and the interruptions. All I kept thinking was I hope this isn't the way he deals with foreign dignitaries, if so It's no wonder everyone hates us.
              Petty desperation. They had to win this debate soundly. It's shaping up that the Obama/Romney debate was one of the most historically significant and sound defeats in US political history. All polling metrics I've seen so far show the democratic party lost another debate.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  After a few days, when people look back on it, this will make Joe look even worse.

Comment

• He seems to really be enjoying himself!
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by dee View Post
                      What got me was the way he fluted arrogance and the interruptions. All I kept thinking was I hope this isn't the way he deals with foreign dignitaries, if so It's no wonder everyone hates us.
                      It's a debate tactic: the Dem advisors know Ryan is polished up, so trying to derail him with interruptions and red herrings is the best maneuver to steer the debate into a tailspin. They almost succeeded a few times, Ryan held it steady.

I wish some people would realize that this is the kind of person we need as a VP: unflappable and stayed the course.
                      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                      dont downshift!!
                      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by barronj View Post
                        You accusing me of having a degree?
                        Nope, i'm an idgit with a degree
                        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• I'm out here in the country and Delta, Lamar and Hopkins county? No Barry signs.

There is a HUGE "Vote for the American" sign across hay bales on 19 though
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• MS. RADDATZ: What -- let me ask you what’s worse: war in the Middle East, another war in the Middle East, or a nuclear-armed Iran?

REP. RYAN: I’ll tell you what’s worse. I’ll tell you what’s worse.

MS. RADDATZ: Quickly.

REP. RYAN: A nuclear-armed Iran, which triggers a nuclear arms race in the Middle East. This is the world’s largest sponsor of -- of terrorism. They’ve dedicated themselves --

REP. RYAN: -- to wiping an entire country off the map. They call us the Great Satan. And if they get nuclear weapons, other people in the neighborhood will pursue their nuclear weapons as well.
                            the biggest supporter of terrorism in that region right now is probably pakistan. they has osama bin laden living in their country for years in what's considered a mansion over there (next to a military base no doubt). no one on either side wants to say that because we still need pakistans help. but it's bullshit.

oh and there's this about iran and 'not doing anything', but since it's all classified it's never going to make a debate:

Even after the Stuxnet computer worm became public, President Obama accelerated cyberattacks against Iran that had begun in the Bush administration, temporarily disabling 1,000 centrifuges.

REP. RYAN:

Twenty-three million Americans are struggling for work today. Fifteen percent of Americans are living in poverty today. This is not what a real recovery looks like. We need real reforms for a real recovery, and that’s exactly what Mitt Romney and I are proposing. It’s five-point plan. Get America energy-independent in North America by the end of the decade. Help people who are hurting get the skills they need to get the jobs they want. Get this deficit and debt under control to prevent a debt crisis. Make trade work for America so we can make more things in America and sell them overseas and champion small businesses. Don’t raise taxes on small businesses, because they’re our job creators.

He talks about Detroit. Mitt Romney’s a car guy.
                            biggest company in 'merica is apple computer so i'm not really sure where he was going with this. we're in the information age, factory jobs aren't going to come in and save us. talking about small businesses whose running mate started bain capital oooOOOkay.

i disagree with both of them on afghanistan, but i side more with ryan that there needs to be more of analysis done at the time of 2014. rest of the points were typical politlcal bs.

Comment

• Originally posted by 32valves_of_pleasure View Post
                              the biggest supporter of terrorism in that region right now is probably pakistan. they has osama bin laden living in their country for years in what's considered a mansion over there (next to a military base no doubt). no one on either side wants to say that because we still need pakistans help. but it's bullshit.

oh and there's this about iran and 'not doing anything', but since it's all classified it's never going to make a debate:

Even after the Stuxnet computer worm became public, President Obama accelerated cyberattacks against Iran that had begun in the Bush administration, temporarily disabling 1,000 centrifuges.

biggest company in 'merica is apple computer so i'm not really sure where he was going with this. we're in the information age, factory jobs aren't going to come in and save us. talking about small businesses whose running mate started bain capital oooOOOkay.

i disagree with both of them on afghanistan, but i side more with ryan that there needs to be more of analysis done at the time of 2014. rest of the points were typical politlcal bs.
                              So you're going to blow right past the outright lies by Biden in reference to whole Libyan debacle?

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X