Election 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
    Heck yeah. My Dad has always been big on Kind Airs, but I have always loved Pilatus aircraft in that price range.
    Was your dad a fan of Sky King growing up? I used to watch that with my dad.

Probably 10 yrs ago or so he was looking at a Tradewinds turbine Bonanza conversion, insane little planes. Now he has a hard on for the Piaggio's, but they escape his budget.

He also flew a Pilatus during his time in SE Asia.

Comment

• I think, for me, it isn't as much doom and gloom about what this administration might do, but a realization of what they have gotten rolling and will continue to work towards. It feels like the tipping point. This us still pertinent for our republic:
      A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:
      ■From bondage to spiritual faith;
      ■From spiritual faith to great courage;
      ■From courage to liberty;
      ■From liberty to abundance;
      ■From abundance to complacency;
      ■From complacency to apathy;
      ■From apathy to dependence;
      ■From dependence back into bondage.

Comment

If I can get full citizenship in Australia I will fully renounce my US citizenship.
        Good, get the fuck out of here. Trust me when I tell you, you won't be missed...
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

If I can get full citizenship in Australia I will fully renounce my US citizenship.
          We are looking into going there and New Zealand maybe this summer.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
            I think, for me, it isn't as much doom and gloom about what this administration might do, but a realization of what they have gotten rolling and will continue to work towards. It feels like the tipping point. This us still pertinent for our republic:
            A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:
            ■From bondage to spiritual faith;
            ■From spiritual faith to great courage;
            ■From courage to liberty;
            ■From liberty to abundance;
            ■From abundance to complacency;
            ■From complacency to apathy;
            ■From apathy to dependence;
            ■From dependence back into bondage.
            So you're saying we just need to keep the faith?

Comment

Why not Canada it's closer?
              Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                So you're saying we just need to keep the faith?
                Lol, I would say we are already on apathy.

Comment

• Originally posted by jluv View Post
                  I'm not an Obama supporter. I think he's a snake. I also think Romney's a snake, as are most politicians.

That said, I think all the doom and gloom business is just silly. I still remember shortly after Obama was elected being told by members here that I would soon be paying 50% of my income in taxes. Never happened. Not even close.

Heck, nothing really changed for me for better or worse. Most people I know are in similar or maybe even better situations than they were in before Obama. I don't credit that to him at all, but the point is he didn't screw things up for everyone. I don't like everything he has done, in fact, I disagree with a lot of what he stands for, but I feel the same way about the republican party.

At the end of the day, I believe things just aren't really as bad as a lot around here make them out to be. The nation has not collapsed, and I don't think it will any time soon. Sure, we have problems as a country, some of them growing, but I'm not convinced that we wouldn't have just as many problems with someone else in office. And I'm not convinced that it's the end of the world, or that our country has gone/is going to hell in a handbasket. Some people are just so fucking negative about things. It's gotta suck to stress about it so damn much.

What's done is done. We're stuck with this clown for 4 more years, and it's very likely that we'll only be replacing him with another clown after that, and another after that, and so on. You can sit around and be pissed, or scared, or butthurt, or you can go out and make the best of each day, and smile about all of the positive things around you.

You can laugh at me or discredit my outlook on things, but I'm a happy dude, my life is pretty good, and I'm proud to be an American, while some of you just seem pissed, stressed, scared, and defeated. That's gotta suck.
                  Your opinions aren't stupid. It's not lost on anyone that politicians have agendas: Romney, Obama, Paul etc.al.

During Obama's first term, we have done some very scary things:

-Added 6.6x trillion in national debt
                  -national debt exceeded GDP
                  -Social Security was borrowed from heavily (think bailouts) and became insolvent
                  -a huge amount of our debt owned by China was divested and sold to Japan
                  -for 4 straight years, Obama failed to set a fiscal budget
                  -Obama has spent more than any other president, and that occupies a pivotal role in our debt load

I could care less about what a woman does with her body. I don't care if weed is legal. Gays can marry. That does not directly affect me. This election was still fixated on meaningless trivialities like the above.

We have a president that based his original campaign on "Change and Hope" and has literally failed to make good on any of his promises. We seriously need change. We need some hope. I'm terrified of what happens when our debt becomes a sticking point for other countries and our dollar devalues itself so much that it's worthless. Like, actually worthless. No amount of weed smoking and gay marriage will fix us when we become worthless to the world (in a fiscal sense).
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    Good, get the fuck out of here. Trust me when I tell you, you won't be missed...
                    Do you have some sort of personal vendetta against me?

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
                    Why not Canada it's closer?
                    Too cold.
                    Originally posted by lincolnboy
                    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                      Like, actually worthless. No amount of weed smoking and gay marriage will fix us when we become worthless to the world (in a fiscal sense).
                      ^^^
                      This guy right here, he gets it...
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by jluv View Post
                        i'm not an obama supporter. I think he's a snake. I also think romney's a snake, as are most politicians.

That said, i think all the doom and gloom business is just silly. I still remember shortly after obama was elected being told by members here that i would soon be paying 50% of my income in taxes. Never happened. Not even close.

Heck, nothing really changed for me for better or worse. Most people i know are in similar or maybe even better situations than they were in before obama. I don't credit that to him at all, but the point is he didn't screw things up for everyone. I don't like everything he has done, in fact, i disagree with a lot of what he stands for, but i feel the same way about the republican party.

At the end of the day, i believe things just aren't really as bad as a lot around here make them out to be. The nation has not collapsed, and i don't think it will any time soon. Sure, we have problems as a country, some of them growing, but i'm not convinced that we wouldn't have just as many problems with someone else in office. And i'm not convinced that it's the end of the world, or that our country has gone/is going to hell in a handbasket. Some people are just so fucking negative about things. It's gotta suck to stress about it so damn much.

What's done is done. We're stuck with this clown for 4 more years, and it's very likely that we'll only be replacing him with another clown after that, and another after that, and so on. You can sit around and be pissed, or scared, or butthurt, or you can go out and make the best of each day, and smile about all of the positive things around you.

You can laugh at me or discredit my outlook on things, but i'm a happy dude, my life is pretty good, and i'm proud to be an american, while some of you just seem pissed, stressed, scared, and defeated. That's gotta suck.
                        A. fucking. men. brother

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                          Your opinions aren't stupid. It's not lost on anyone that politicians have agendas: Romney, Obama, Paul etc.al.

During Obama's first term, we have done some very scary things:

-Added 6.6x trillion in national debt
                          -national debt exceeded GDP
                          -Social Security was borrowed from heavily (think bailouts) and became insolvent
                          -a huge amount of our debt owned by China was divested and sold to Japan
                          -for 4 straight years, Obama failed to set a fiscal budget
                          -Obama has spent more than any other president, and that occupies a pivotal role in our debt load

I could care less about what a woman does with her body. I don't care if weed is legal. Gays can marry. That does not directly affect me. This election was still fixated on meaningless trivialities like the above.

We have a president that based his original campaign on "Change and Hope" and has literally failed to make good on any of his promises. We seriously need change. We need some hope. I'm terrified of what happens when our debt becomes a sticking point for other countries and our dollar devalues itself so much that it's worthless. Like, actually worthless. No amount of weed smoking and gay marriage will fix us when we become worthless to the world (in a fiscal sense).
                          I completely agree. It is ridiculous to vote on relatively trivial issues while our federal gov needs to be restructured just to meet its original purposes. However, that is what many did.

Comment

• Comment

Do you have some sort of personal vendetta against me?
                              No, if it was personal, I'd would have had to meet you or know you, since niether has happened I don't take it personal.
                              You were just another random newb in a place that i frequent for the last 11 years. As a matter of fact I remember giving you props on your Japan trip thread, but then you came into a forum that I spend alot of time in and started spewing your hate for a black QB from Baylor (I can copy and paste it if you want). You came across as a racist with racial overtones, therefore you were banned. I consulted with a fellow ADMIN about it and we agreed to give you a day off, you then went crying to another ADMIN, so you have what we have now. You wanted my attention, so you got it.

If you would have said nothing, I would have thought nothing...

Comment

• Why are people so quick to dismiss and run from the US? In my opinion, if you hate it that bad to talk shit about her - get the hell out.

It's disrespectful to citizens, military and so forth who have either given everything or have ethics and a lifestyle that represents a good American.

Hate on the politicians that are corrupt. I can not dismiss everything that has been sacrificed and done for a long time over the several years. Too much has been worked for accomplished in order to just hate on the country.
                                Originally posted by MR EDD
                                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                                X