Election 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
    Piss poor loser? The first post I made tonight was to congratulate the Dems. It may have been in this thread (one of them). I accept that this is what the country wants. It won't change my life that much. I do worry about my kids dealing with all the debt, but it won't change my life too much.
    While I applaud your civility, your rejection of the alternative hypothesis proposes that the null hypothesis is that Mitt Romney single-handedly would have changed the status quo of the debt. That's a tough sell, to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
      His kid loosing a ball game doesn't drive the country down the shitter, apples and oranges man
      He doesn't get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
        While I applaud your civility, your rejection of the alternative hypothesis proposes that the null hypothesis is that Mitt Romney single-handedly would have changed the status quo of the debt. That's a tough sell, to me.
        He wasn't going to with the senate the way it will be. No POTUS will get a lot done with the split congress.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
          The American people had their chance to speak their mind on the Benghazi issues at the polls. Obviously they are too fucking ignorant to understand.
          Most americans don't know about it ... medias in the bag for Barak ...
          sigpic
          08 Mustang GT - NOT Stock ..... HPP Flex fuel tunes - 537/515 RWHP/RWT

Click for Little Elm, Texas Forecast

Comment

• Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
            His kid loosing a ball game doesn't drive the country down the shitter, apples and oranges man
            Whatever you say, sport.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

He wasn't going to with the senate the way it will be. No POTUS will get a lot done with the split congress.
              Paul Ryan's budget wouldn't do it even with a cooperative congress.

Comment

• Fiscal cliff

Comment

Paul Ryan's budget wouldn't do it even with a cooperative congress.
                  You don't know that. Neither do I, but do know the spending has got to stop. It starts at the top, and right now we have a guy that can't get ANY budget passed, even by his own people.

Comment

• Originally posted by naynay View Post
                    you guys should all do like my temporary land lord here in cen-tex, she owns a home in hutto, but uses an address to register to vote in florida so she can help swing that state into the blue brilliance i say!
                    The AARP endorsed Obama, so baby boomers like me win either way. Thanks again for willingly donating your tax money to enhance my retirement, chump. I'll enjoy Vegas even more on your dime.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4eyedwillie View Post
                      hmmmmm....possible but what does that have to do with me?
                      Your'e not one of us!

Comment

You don't know that. Neither do I, but do know the spending has got to stop. It starts at the top, and right now we have a guy that can't get ANY budget passed, even by his own people.
                        Spending: 25% of GDP
                        Revenues: 15% of GDP

Both are 3-5% off their historical norms. Calling it purely a spending issue is just as asinine as calling it a revenue issue. Meet in the middle for christ's fucking sake. Compromise isn't actually the devil.

Comment

He doesn't get it.
                          Explain it to me then, all knowing one! I can't wait for this. It's not apples and oranges. How you handle yourself when things don't go your way, is how you handle yourself when things don't go your way. The stakes have no bearing on any of it.

Some of you are acting like a bunch of childish chicken littles with the sky is falling bullshit. You know what I'm going to do tomorrow? Get up, go to work, and bust my ass just like I did today, yesterday, and the day before that. If I have to work harder, and produce more, to keep my slice, then that's what I'm going to have to do. When I get back in town, I'm going to play with my kids, put the food on the table, and do what I do as the head of a household.

The only real bearing this will have on me, is the direction I go in the future. I'll heavily reconsider my transition in to small business ownership. I'll weigh the positives and negatives of that over going straight commission or a contract employee. And I'll probably learn how to cheat on my taxes with the Democrats and Republicans alike.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Spending: 25% of GDP
                            Revenues: 15% of GDP

Both are 3-5% off their historical norms. Calling it purely a spending issue is just as asinine as calling it a revenue issue. Meet in the middle for christ's fucking sake. Compromise isn't actually the devil.
                            So you don't think we need a budget? 5% is a lot, by the way.

Comment

• Everything should be on the table. Defense spending and entitlements and both at the same time a little bit each year.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                                Explain it to me then, all knowing one! I can't wait for this. It's not apples and oranges. How you handle yourself when things don't go your way, is how you handle yourself when things don't go your way. The stakes have no bearing on any of it.

Some of you are acting like a bunch of childish chicken littles with the sky is falling bullshit. You know what I'm going to do tomorrow? Get up, go to work, and bust my ass just like I did today, yesterday, and the day before that. When I get back in town, I'm going to play with my kids, put the food on the table, and do what I do as the head of a household.

The only real bearing this will have on me, is the direction I go in the future. I'll heavily reconsider my transition in to small business ownership. I'll weigh the positives and negatives of that over going straight commission or a contract employee. And I'll probably learn how to cheat on my taxes with the Democrats and Republicans alike.
                                That's the same thing I said, almost verbatim.

Comment

Working...
                                X