Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
    What's yalls job title again?
    I'm a "Territory Sales Manager" by title, but, titles don't mean shit at this company. I wear a hundred hats, because I do whatever it is that needs to be done on any given day. Something union grunts don't do. "Oh, that's not my job...."
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

LOL yea you got it figured out don't you. What's your job title? I hope they have you on the fast track at your work.

The railroad is 100% union and we make it work. It's not perfect but no marriage is. There has to be give and take on both sides and checks and balances. With all that said both sides contribute and we make billions of dollars a year.

Truth of the matter is everyone in this thread is just a piss ant bitching about something that is way about our pay grade.
      Bank manager. Yes, I have a very good solid grasp on the free market and how it works. We don't have fast tracks here, I'm not in a union.

The reason I'm railing you is because you don't want to learn. I can see that in how you're participating in the conversation. The reason the railroad works is because of the infrastructure it operates on. It is extremely difficult to generate the necessary capital to lay the infrastructure to compete with railroads. However, don't think you won't be wiped out the moment a better solution comes around, because it can definitely be done for cheaper.

The destructive force of unions is directly proportionate to the competition of the industry they are in. Unions work against the free market system, they weaken any company. It's economics.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Truth of the matter is everyone in this thread is just a piss ant bitching about something that is way about our pay grade.
        Speak for yourself, clown
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          i'm a "territory sales manager" by title, but, titles don't mean shit at this company. I wear a hundred hats, because i do whatever it is that needs to be done on any given day. Something union grunts don't do. "oh, that's not my job...."
          boosh!

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
            Bank manager. Yes, I have a very good solid grasp on the free market and how it works. We don't have fast tracks here, I'm not in a union.

The reason I'm railing you is because you don't want to learn. I can see that in how you're participating in the conversation. The reason the railroad works is because of the infrastructure it operates on. It is extremely difficult to generate the necessary capital to lay the infrastructure to compete with railroads. However, don't think you won't be wiped out the moment a better solution comes around, because it can definitely can be done for cheaper.

The destructive force of unions is directly proportionate to the competition of the industry they are in. Since they work against the free market system, they weaken any company. It's just economics.
            Naynayed

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
              Naynayed
              I wondered if someone would pick that up, haha.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

LOL yea you got it figured out don't you. What's your job title? I hope they have you on the fast track at your work.

The railroad is 100% union and we make it work. It's not perfect but no marriage is. There has to be give and take on both sides and checks and balances. With all that said both sides contribute and we make billions of dollars a year.

Truth of the matter is everyone in this thread is just a piss ant bitching about something that is way above our pay grade.
                If we're going for job titles I have a few: Retired military, CEO of my own company (It's an LLC, but we're going for titles), veteran advocate, and purple heart recipient. What's yours?
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                  If we're going for job titles I have a few: Retired military, CEO of my own company (It's an LLC, but we're going for titles), veteran advocate, and purple heart recipient. What's yours?
                  Veteran, Student, CEO, CFO, COO, CHOO, CHOO.

Comment

Truth of the matter is everyone in this thread is just a piss ant bitching about something that is way above our pay grade.
                    What you dont see is that there are good unions and fucking terrible unions. My wife is part of the teacher's union, and while it's hands are tied in a lot of areas, they do help out when issues arise, and have been helpful to us.

The baker's union is not one of those. Yes, if the company wasnt so far in the hole that a week long strike pulled the rug out from under them, it might have been different. Those of us who work without unions understand that sometimes lower level workers have to make concessions to keep the company going. Many people are upset that healthcare coverage is getting more expensive for less covered services. We take it and keep working, or we look for another job somewhere else. Unions demand that the company pay more to keep thier costs the same, and want a raise too. That can only work if the company is making money and has the ability to absorb those costs. In the case of hostess, they werent and couldn't.

Now had they done as you said they should and taken less money as ordered by the judge, the guys in charge (who were paid by investors to try to turn the sinking ship around) might have been able to pull the company out of a nosedive and make it proffitable again, and give workers raises and cheaper heathcare again. But by striking, the union killed the whole company.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• I can throw out titles all day long. They mean nothing.

Comment

LOL always good for the laugh.

You remind me of the uncle in the Great out Doors you know the one that puts up the front that he's the big timer driving the Mercedes, but every day he puts on a tie and drives down to the local dinner and puts his apron on. Gosh I need to go find that video clip brb.....
                        No buddy, sorry that is you. I drive a hail damaged 2005 Dodge to work every day. But I don't put on aprons, I close million dollar real estate deals.

You mention your paycheck or some derivative thereof in every thread if at all possible. I think you may be projecting your behavior onto others.
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                          I can throw out titles all day long. They mean nothing.
                          I think all of us except for one understand that, that's the point I was making. Hell, I know a "National Sales Director" who doesn't do any business outside of DFW, but they sure love that title.

Comment

I think all of us except for one understand that, that's the point I was making. Hell, I know a "National Sales Director" who doesn't do any business outside of DFW, but they sure love that title.
                            I work nationwide (if need be for my clients) but my ass is in Fort Worth. Fruitless flight of fancy.
                            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                            dont downshift!!
                            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Veteran, Student, CEO, CFO, COO, CHOO, CHOO.
                              I see what you did there

Comment

• Oh I know Sean. I was pointing out that FT seems to think titles mean anything. I know Colonels who know less than E5's about how things run and CEO's that are only there because they have a strong board that makes them look good

Comment

Working...
                                X