Union kills the Twinkie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
    The best part is the CEO and several other executives claim they gave up their pay and will finish out the year for $1. Oh gee what do we have 3 weeks of the year left. OF course full pay will be reinstated Jan. 01 2013.

I bet they are laughing all the way to the bank. Saying can you believe we actually got the media and public to believe the unions caused all the problems.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
      The best part is the CEO and several other executives claim they gave up their pay and will finish out the year for $1. Oh gee what do we have 3 weeks of the year left. OF course full pay will be reinstated Jan. 01 2013.

I bet they are laughing all the way to the bank. Saying can you believe we actually got the media and public to believe the unions caused all the problems.
      It sure worked around here!

Comment

As a company is structured, such as Hostess, there are certain accounts set up for certain expenditures.

The current CEO of Hostess was actually brought in as a consultant for brand re-invention in February (so he hasn't even been there but 9 months) to help with restructuring and is actually on the payroll of a venture capital firm. Hostess doesn't write his check. But I digress.

Hostess' sales have tanked the last decade... no surprise. Also not a surprise, previously the Union blocked Hostess' attempts to cut the workforce to accommodate the new product output. They settled on a pay reduction to preserve jobs. Things got worse, sales still slumped, the stupid buttfucking bakers refused to go back to work and everyone gets canned via bankruptcy. MERRY CHRISTMAS UNIONITES!
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

If your company is in deep shit you aren't going to be able to hire capable talented managers and pay them white trash railroad money. No one is going to come turnaround your shop for Naynay's check that means they would have to eat dog food.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            If your company is in deep shit you aren't going to be able to hire capable talented managers and pay them white trash railroad money. No one is going to come turnaround your shop for Naynay's check that means they would have to eat dog food.
            Yup, and that's why they (execs) are paid out of a different account than the employees.

We've both just effectively pissed into the wind, BTW.
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            dont downshift!!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              Company wouldn't be in deep shit if they had capable talented managers to begin with. During the no Carb craze when they lost tons of sales their answer was to come out with a banana flavored twinkie. Doesn't seem like such a good idea. I'm sure the guy sweeping the floor made that decision though so lets blame the union.

Truth is we can argue this shit day and night and nothing will change. It all comes down to this. There is only so much bullshit a man can take in life. Before he just says fuck it all and burns his house down. That's what happend at Hostess. They've given up so much in past years and watched management just take and take. It's not like these folks were making a killing. 30k to 40k a year if they were lucky. They could have given the company everything they asked for and it wouldn't of matter. To many years of piss poor management.

Comment

Truth is we can argue this shit day and night and nothing will change. It all comes down to this. There is only so much bullshit a man can take in life. Before he just says fuck it all and burns his house down. That's what happend at Hostess. They've given up so much in past years and watched management just take and take. It's not like these folks were making a killing. 30k to 40k a year if they were lucky. They could have given the company everything they asked for and it wouldn't of matter. To many years of piss poor management.
                So you're good with 20% of the workforce at a business deciding the fate of an entire company?
                dont downshift!!

Comment

Company wouldn't be in deep shit if they had capable talented managers to begin with. During the no Carb craze when they lost tons of sales their answer was to come out with a banana flavored twinkie. Doesn't seem like such a good idea. I'm sure the guy sweeping the floor made that decision though so lets blame the union.

You are so blind faithful to these unions, I can't imagine the shit you would get behind if you were a cop. You'd make Matt look like the FTP crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                    So you're good with 20% of the workforce at a business deciding the fate of an entire company?
                    Depends. Are you good with the 1% of the workforce aka management running the company into the ground for the last 20 years.

Like I already stated. The bakers union should have accepted the contract that the teamsters took. It was a shitty deal, but nothing you can do other than shut the place down. Here is the kicker though. If management really wanted to keep the doors open they could have gone to court and forced that contract on the other unions. It happens everyday in the railroad, airline, and auto industry.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post

The last persons opinion I am going to take about Unions are Unions bias workers......

Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
                        You are so blind faithful to these unions, I can't imagine the shit you would get behind if you were a cop. You'd make Matt look like the FTP crowd.
                        LOL I guess your blind because you don't read. Read post #11 or should I quote it for you.

"My honest opinion is this. If one union aka the teamster's agree to the contract then the other unions shouldn't have a leg to stand on. Accept the contract and the concessions and move on with things. If not all the jobs just became Teamster jobs. This is what a judge will tell them. Been there done that and got the Tshirt. NEXT"

Have you read anything about how fucked up management was at hostess? Or do you just read the headlines of an article like everyone else.

Comment

Depends. Are you good with the 1% of the workforce aka management running the company into the ground for the last 20 years.
                          In a manner of speaking, yes. The execs hired were brought in to restructure and rebuild the company. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. One of the safeguards built in is for the venture firms to pay the execs: makes it easier to fire them if they suck and it prevents them from sloughing off money. The notion that the execs are going to kill a business is purely speculative.

However, a group of workers unionizing and refusing to work will DEFINITIVELY kill a business. You say the execs were slowing killing it over 20 years: I say the stupid buttfucking bakers effectively killed it in one week.
                          dont downshift!!

Comment

• You mean the people who, if they fail, get blamed? Yes. They get paid to make the decisions. Remind me again. If union is so great at running things, why aren't there union companies, started, ran and staffed by unions and only employs union members? What do unions create?
                            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Like I already stated. The bakers union should have accepted the contract that the teamsters took. It was a shitty deal, but nothing you can do other than shut the place down. Here is the kicker though. If management really wanted to keep the doors open they could have gone to court and forced that contract on the other unions. It happens everyday in the railroad, airline, and auto industry.
                              I'm guessing you missed the part where the union was told to take the deal by the court and refused.
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

LOL I guess your blind because you don't read. Read post #11 or should I quote it for you.

"My honest opinion is this. If one union aka the teamster's agree to the contract then the other unions shouldn't have a leg to stand on. Accept the contract and the concessions and move on with things. If not all the jobs just became Teamster jobs. This is what a judge will tell them. Been there done that and got the Tshirt. NEXT"

Have you read anything about how fucked up management was at hostess? Or do you just read the headlines of an article like everyone else.
                                But you're still defending them. 1 post "they should have took the deal" 47 posts "It's not the unions fault"

Comment

Working...
                                X