No announcement yet.

Cops upset about being treated like citizens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, I never once said it didn't happen. But you seem to think that cops NEVER get charged for anything.

How about this, how many times have you been sued in federal court for simply doing your job? Been there, done that. Have the documents to prove it.

Sued for violation of civil rights, excessive force, denying medical treatment, and a few other things.

Long story short guy beats the shit out of his girlfriend about the time I roll up. He runs. I catch up to him. He squares off with me. My back up arrives about the same time and tackles the guy in the street. He resists but we get him cuffed. Get him in the patrol car and I notice a small, maybe 1/2" laceration to his head. I call for EMS. EMS transports because it is a head injury. He gets cleared at the hospital and I transport to the jail.

A year later I get served. There are outright lies in his initial complaint. He said we denied him medical treatment, EMS was on scene in less than 3 minutes of me calling out with him running. It goes to court. He gives his deposition. After he finishes his attorney comes up to us and apologizes for wasting our time. Case dismissed with prejudice.

Yet the dismissal never made the news. It sure as shit made the news when we got sued though.

Anyone at anytime can sue me for just wearing this uniform. There are no repercussions for the frivolous litigation. It costs us, the taxpayers, not the scum bag.

If a cop, or anyone for that matter, commits a crime they should be held accountable. I have never said otherwise. I believe you said that cops should be held to a higher standard criminally than the average citizen, right? But at the same time you want everyone to be equal in the eyes of the law. So which is it?
    2007 Chevy TBSS

Comment

Frost is a lunatic, why do people argue with him?

Would you head out to Terrell for an argument at the local looney bin and expect a rational, level headed response?
      sigpic

Comment

I'm conflicted. I don't like anti gun morons, but I don't like cops either.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger View Post
          I'm conflicted. I don't like anti gun morons, but I don't like cops either.
          Hey man, it's Aaron. Guess what? Cops don't like you either.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
            Frost is a lunatic, why do people argue with him?

Would you head out to Terrell for an argument at the local looney bin and expect a rational, level headed response?
            And yet you clicked on a thread started by me. Someone thinks you may like me.

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by JamisonFRC View Post
              Again, I never once said it didn't happen. But you seem to think that cops NEVER get charged for anything.

How about this, how many times have you been sued in federal court for simply doing your job? Been there, done that. Have the documents to prove it.

Sued for violation of civil rights, excessive force, denying medical treatment, and a few other things.

Long story short guy beats the shit out of his girlfriend about the time I roll up. He runs. I catch up to him. He squares off with me. My back up arrives about the same time and tackles the guy in the street. He resists but we get him cuffed. Get him in the patrol car and I notice a small, maybe 1/2" laceration to his head. I call for EMS. EMS transports because it is a head injury. He gets cleared at the hospital and I transport to the jail.

A year later I get served. There are outright lies in his initial complaint. He said we denied him medical treatment, EMS was on scene in less than 3 minutes of me calling out with him running. It goes to court. He gives his deposition. After he finishes his attorney comes up to us and apologizes for wasting our time. Case dismissed with prejudice.

Yet the dismissal never made the news. It sure as shit made the news when we got sued though.

Anyone at anytime can sue me for just wearing this uniform. There are no repercussions for the frivolous litigation. It costs us, the taxpayers, not the scum bag.

If a cop, or anyone for that matter, commits a crime they should be held accountable. I have never said otherwise. I believe you said that cops should be held to a higher standard criminally than the average citizen, right? But at the same time you want everyone to be equal in the eyes of the law. So which is it?
              Final statement before I fuck with Magnus a bit more:

Cops should be held and punished at a higher level in accordance with the authority they yield. No knock door kick ins at the wrong house? Lawsuit against everyone in that team and the judge who signed off on it. Cop comes into your house on a mistaken house number and kills your pet? Lawsuit against the officer and he goes to jail. Cop speeding off duty and not on a call? License revoked, car taken and he's fired. We pay for the cops, the cars and the lawsuits. That's not right.

Now, back to fucking with Magnus.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                That badge doesnt' make you special.

Cops should be held and punished at a higher level.

Which one is it?
                sigpic

Comment

Here's the one I mentioned. Shot the dog, as it was dying drug it off the concrete, hosed things off and walked off.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ght-video.html
                  That was hard to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                    Guess I should wait around for the military.
                    Yeah that worked out real well at Fort Hood. A female police officer ended it - good thing the friggin' Denny's manager didn't disarm her first!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                      Hey man, it's Aaron. Guess what? Cops don't like you either.
                      Ugh, I know.

Comment

So, did they walk out on the bill?

Comment

Originally posted by 564826 View Post
                          So, did they walk out on the bill?
                          No, they ran the plate of the manager, showed up at her house, shot her dog, kicked in her door and found crushed drywall that was labeled as drugs and she was promptly shot 'resisting arrest.'

Fucking popo

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                            Which one is it?
                            I'd like to hear your response to this Frost.

Comment

As requested:

A badge does not make a cop special. At all. They are bound by the same laws as everyone else, however they hold authority. Authority over other citizens that permit them to act outside of most laws with impunity. When that authority is violated, the punishment should be swift and severe. If an off duty cop is caught speeding, liscence revoked.

Shoots a citizen's dog because they were at the wrong house? Personal suit against the officer, he loses his job and must pay reparations to the owner.

Acts on a no knock warrant and kills an innocent in their house because of bad numbers? Prison time.

Make them liable for their actions 100% of the time. Have them do as military does and question each order against what is lawful every single time.

Comment

Actually, patrol clears numerous buildings and houses on a daily basis: Burglaries, alarm down calls, etc.
                                How many building are cleared on a daily basis by patrol that face armed and trained opposition?

Sorry that you had to deal with this BS but I do have to point out that the system DID work in this case. There are repercussions for frivolous litigation; the loser pays for the legal cost and can be barred from filing civil actions in the future without getting permission from the court.
                                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                                X