Parting gift from Panetta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parting gift from Panetta

He is unilaterally lifting the ban on women in front line combat.

I'm stunned.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Damn this phone at first glance it looked like "a parting gift from pantera"

Comment

great

Comment

A lot of guys are going to get killed over this. We're hardwired to rescue chicks, this is a seriously bad idea that he couldn't do while he was in that position so he fired away as he left. Hopefully after the first couple women are killed, they'll repeal it

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
          A lot of guys are going to get killed over this. We're hardwired to rescue chicks, this is a seriously bad idea that he couldn't do while he was in that position so he fired away as he left. Hopefully after the first couple women are killed, they'll repeal it
          hopefully sooner than that

Comment

That would make life hell in a tank. Right now you only have 4 men to do all of the work on them. We replace most parts ourselves and I know of at least 10 different parts of a tanks suspension that require the driver in his compartment and the other 3 guys lifting parts in place that are in the hundreds of pounds range. It sucks with 3 big guys, with only 2 guys and a woman I cant say it would even be possible.

Not to mention the smell inside during that special time of the month. It stinks bad enough in there with 4 smelly guys as it is

Comment

Not to mention guys can be in the field indefinitely while women have to be cycled back every 3 days to do personal hygiene. This is a clusterfuck

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                Not to mention guys can be in the field indefinitely while women have to be cycled back every 3 days to do personal hygiene. This is a clusterfuck
                seriously? That sounds like a logistics nightmare and reason enough to keep it banned.

Comment

I just can't relate....

When I was in.... the minute we left for a 6 month deloyment, the only time we saw a chick was on liberty or through binoculars during UNREP.

Comment

Right on. If they want to fight, let them fight.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                      Right on. If they want to fight, let them fight.
                      Yeah. YOu must have missed what I said about having to rotate them back in. When we rolled out, we wouldn't see a woman until we hit the AF base for the PX. This is a horrible idea. If they want the job, then they get the same supplies and same return as we do. You're in the field for a month with only what you brought out. If you're bleeding, suck it up princess. Welcome to the field.

You're going to get them in the field with other Joes, they're going to get knocked up and rotate back to the rear because they're a liability. Oh and Heaven help them if we're overrun. Us? We'll be killed. They would be so fortunate.

Comment

I have no problem with it as long as they are held to the EXACT same standards as the men.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          I have no problem with it as long as they are held to the EXACT same standards as the men.
                          Not gonna happen....

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                            seriously? That sounds like a logistics nightmare and reason enough to keep it banned.
                            The U.S. Army Center for Health Promotion and Preventive Medicine also wrote Technical Guide 281 and the first chapter is female soldiers in the field. That's where I got that paragraph from BUT that sums up FM 21-10. Then it has this:

It is highly recommended that female Soldiers that are menstruating during field exercises or deployments have daily access to bathing facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              Tali, they have a men's PT card and a women's. They don't treat them the same in garrison much less in the same job

Comment

Working...
                              X