Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
    HMM..

Last time I checked, our Military is overseas to project our strength and for the protection of our citizens. I do believe our Embassys are there for a reason. I also believe that whatever country you're in, you do pay taxes to them.
    Again! your tax dollars are supporting our military at home and overseas..

I wish and pray that we go to a flat tax!
    Some countries do not require foreign citizens to pay taxes on income; it is kind of an incentive to bring your services there, along with the higher pay. Of course some don't have income taxes anyway. Just depends on the various countries askiing for foreign workers.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post

Anytime you pay less than the guy earning the same here in the states its a free ride.

YOU made that decision!!! Ask some of the guys working the oilfields in the US about their working conditions!

Again, YOU made that decision, you're not more special than the guy in the fields or any other job here...

Again, working overseas shouldn't give you you any tax break over the guy working here..
      Why should i have to pay the same in Federal income tax when i do not get the luxury of using anything the US has to Offer? It is my choice..... Just as it is your choice to stay at home with your family, your possessions, and enjoy them when you please. The Tax Beak i receive does very little to replace the time i lose by being over here vs at home.

The way i see it, is if your pissed off about the fact that overseas workers get a "Free Ride" then why don't you get off your ass and take advantage of the laws written by our gov't and enjoy a job where the law allows (within in limits) tax EXEMPTION.

Oil field workers CHOOSE the career they are in, just as anyone else. The same worker can opt to work overseas and enjoy the same Benefit that i receive if they stay within the criteria of physical presence or bonifide residence...

You are correct when you say i am no more special than the next guy.. the difference is i'm willing to sacrifice alot of "luxuries" to get myself ahead in life. trust me the measly tax savings i get from the exemption doesn't make up for all the fun and memories i could be making back home with friends, family and loved ones.

Again. You choose the career your in. Don't like the fact that you pay full taxes, by all means change jobs, and work overseas. No one is stopping you from enjoying the same benefits entitled to ANYONE that's willing to do it...

I still pay all other Taxes that you also pay. The exemption only covers federal taxes, so explain again to me how i am getting a free ride?

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
        I didn't say nothin to you boy racer. Isn't there someone talkin about religeon somewhere that you need to be dishing out your narrow minded beliefs on?
        And who the fuck pulled your string? Don't you have a desk job to be looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
          And who the fuck pulled your string? Don't you have a desk job to be looking for?

Just someone who loves to stick their nose in other people's business. You seem to be pretty good at that.
          Annoying people, one post at a time!

Comment

Just someone who loves to stick their nose in other people's business. You seem to be pretty good at that.
            What, you mean the business that you saw fit to spew all over the boards? If you didn't want anyone to "stick their nose" in your business, maybe you should have kept it to yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              What, you mean the business that you saw fit to spew all over the boards? If you didn't want anyone to "stick their nose" in your business, maybe you should have kept it to yourself.

Do you but in to a conversation that you over hear between 2 people at a restaurant? And how is making two posts in one thread "spewing it all over the boards"? Now I am beginning to understand your whacked up point of view.
              Annoying people, one post at a time!

Comment

Do you but in to a conversation that you over hear between 2 people at a restaurant?
                Except this isn't a conversation between two people, so your analogy is wrong. This is called a forum. If you don't know what the word forum means, allow me to educate you:

Definition of FORUM
                a : the marketplace or public place of an ancient Roman city forming the center of judicial and public business
                b : a public meeting place for open discussion
                c : a medium (as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas
                : a judicial body or assembly : court
                a : a public meeting or lecture involving audience discussion
                b : a program (as on radio or television) involving discussion of a problem usually by several authorities

I've bolded the relevant definition for you.
                And how is making two posts in one thread "spewing it all over the boards"?
                If you post something it can be brought up at any time. I guess with you being so new you don't understand this, but you might learn one day.
                Now I am beginning to understand your whacked up point of view.
                Says the guy who wants to us passive aggressive threats against someone who said something about folks with a broken foot.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                  And when they take that break away from us, we will all come back, that same day. Just like any other tax incentive or break. You take them when you can get/find them. Tax avoidance is not tax evasion.
                  I doubt that. Oversea contractor wages are too inflated to not be attractive, tax breaks or not.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
                    I doubt that. Oversea contractor wages are too inflated to not be attractive, tax breaks or not.
                    From a contractor surrounded by contractors, the consensus has always been, no exemption no worky worky. The general labor force for companies like mine do not make what you think they make. I am referring to 90% of our 10,000 US expats that work for us. It ain't railroad money.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                      From a contractor surrounded by contractors, the consensus has always been, no exemption no worky worky. The general labor force for companies like mine do not make what you think they make. I am referring to 90% of our 10,000 US expats that work for us. It ain't railroad money.
                      I don't know what you do but I've worked with and supwrvised many civvies in the log fields. They may say they won't do it, but I guarantee they won't walk that walk. The usgov dolls out ridiculously generous contracts and you're smart to take them but don't pretend its a normal economy when it comes to govt funded jobs. Cut the tax benefits and we'd still have all the contractors we need plus the others we don't

Comment

Working...
                      X