Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
    cops in Dallas County, Texas, arrived at Jon Locke’s home
    Oooooooh, fuck, the irony is so thick it hurts.

Named after the founder of the 'social contract' and stomped on by the boot of authority...

John Locke - Among Locke's political works he is most famous for The Second Treatise of Government in which he argues that sovereignty resides in the people and explains the nature of legitimate government in terms of natural rights and the social contract. He is also famous for calling for the separation of Church and State in his Letter Concerning Toleration. Much of Locke's work is characterized by opposition to authoritarianism. This is apparent both on the level of the individual person and on the level of institutions such as government and church. For the individual, Locke wants each of us to use reason to search after truth rather than simply accept the opinion of authorities or be subject to superstition. He wants us to proportion assent to propositions to the evidence for them. On the level of institutions it becomes important to distinguish the legitimate from the illegitimate functions of institutions and to make the corresponding distinction for the uses of force by these institutions.

Comment

Delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        We weren't an established country in the late 1800s early 1900s? When did we become an established country?
        We were established a lot earlier, 1776 officially.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
          Hey, you're only ridiculously hypocritical and constructing weak, straw man arguments.
          Exactly how am I being hypocritical?

Comment

Originally posted by DallasSleeper View Post
            I can not compare his cowardice to their heroism. Quite a bit of difference in founding a new country and running to an established country
            Originally posted by talisman View Post
            This country was over 100 years old when it saw its greatest influx of immigrants. Try again?
            It was still not an established country
            I won't point out the hypocrisy, but you're certainly contradicting yourself!
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

If I did not have two young children, I would have long since taken the job offer in New Zealand.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                If I did not have two young children, I would have long since taken the job offer in New Zealand.
                Why not pull a Denny and take the whole family?

Comment

This thread sucks worse than Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                    Why not pull a Denny and take the whole family?
                    Not possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                      I won't point out the hypocrisy, but you're certainly contradicting yourself!
                      I fail to see the contradictions.

I believe he is a coward, a rich coward but a coward just the same. He chose to run away from a dire situation.

I don't believe that his actions are the same as the founding fathers of this country who came here pre 1776. They were moving to a new land that was still governed by England. They got fed up with the King and his rule and rose up.

Talisman is talking about the immigrants that came along later, after the United States was established... after the freedom was won. We were both talking about different time frames.

Comment

DallasSleeper: You're a coward
                        Crazie: You're a bitch
                        DallasSleeper: You can't say that, you don't know me

Hrmmmm....

Comment

Are you confused? Does your head hurt?

Comment

Kiwi land is great but expensive. Last time I was there, gas was just over 8 bucks a gallon but we're reaching that point as well.
                            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Not possible.
                              Fair enough.

I believe he is a coward, a rich coward but a coward just the same. He chose to run away from a dire situation.

I don't believe that his actions are the same as the founding fathers of this country who came here pre 1776. They were moving to a new land that was still governed by England. They got fed up with the King and his rule and rose up.

Talisman is talking about the immigrants that came along later, after the United States was established... after the freedom was won. We were both talking about different time frames.
                              My mind is full of fuck. How can you not see it?

I knew you were dumb, but I'm having a hard time believing you're that dumb. Please don't prove me wrong.

Comment

talisman asked if the immigrants that came here late 1800s/early 1900s were cowards because they weren't founding a new country. You said the country wasn't established then, and only a few posts later you said that we were established over 100 years before you just said we weren't established. That's quite a contradiction.
                                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X