Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naynay View Post
    this is not meant to be a left/right debate, lets stay on topic
    The "facts" being stated are manipulated because of right/left agendas.

Comment

hard to read/comprehend
      Missed a "that", try now.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

The key figures IBC found are:

• 14,705 (13%) of all documented civilian deaths were reported as being
        directly caused by the US-led coalition
        . The report notes that
        They fail to emphasize that 87% (or a VAST majority) were NOT caused by the US-led coalition. More selective data reporting.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I can promise you that our military was walking on egg shells around civilians and when civilians were involved. Granted, there will be some bad apples but in general the orders were pretty clear from the foot soldier to the helo pilots and how/what they engaged.

Anyway, it's a good letter with some good known facts and some opinions masked in hatred. At the end of the day, that Soldier will still have my respect. Why? It SOUNDS like he still followed orders and did his job.

Military personnel do not pick the wars or locations where they are sent. You do what your CiC and ultimately your country wants you to do. That's that. There are time things could be done better and so on - but at the end of the day you STFU and do what you're told.

Personally, although I do not agree with some of the things that is in his letter - it's well within his rights to write it.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            Most of those "civilian" deaths were probably hostile, Rodney.
            Does anyone give a shit about opposition death? Not in this country. When people die that look different it places distance and allows us to say "awww....that sucks" without having to involve real human feelings.

Comment

this is not meant to be a left/right debate, lets stay on topic

Hah, sure buddy

Comment

i dont think he had enough space to list all of the congress members in the Title line. also why not sum it up to the commander in chief?
                In the title, no. In his multi paragraph letter he had some room though. But yes, you can sum it up to the CIC since he is the top dog. Still, I feel his gripes are misdirected and misinformed.

-Eric

Comment

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/

111,827 - 122,306 civilian casualties since 2003.

217 in the month of march alone.
                  You do realize the fights are against a non-uninformed, and therefore "civilian" population, right dumbass?

Besides that, once Ahmed is dead, and Muhammed Jr picks up his AK and runs, he was an unarmed civilian.

I think my 5 yo has a better understanding of this world than Nanus...
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

He was sent to Iraq. We had no beef with Iraq. And it is clearly addressed to mr bush, and mr Cheney. It's a sad deal all around.
                    Actually we did. Would you like the democrat montage screaming for us to take out Saddam? Bush did the right thing and to this day still spends his time with us veterans. He also was the first president on site after the Ft. Hood shooting while Obama was throwing shout outs
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                      You do realize the fights are against a non-uninformed, and therefore "civilian" population, right dumbass?

Besides that, once Ahmed is dead, and Muhammed Jr picks up his AK and runs, he was an unarmed civilian.

I think my 5 yo has a better understanding of this world than Nanus...
                      I wonder if they count the suicide bombers that open fire on us and then detonate themselves taking out citizens as towards our body count. I know a LOT of us got shot and blown up trying to protect Iraqis. Hell, I was rolled out because a platoon took fire and sought cover. Happened to be in a civvie house. We couldn't leave the house because they would have died for offering refuge.

Comment

What an idiot.

Comment

I wonder when we're going to get to read letters from the Bengazi survivors, you know, the ones that have been prohibited from talking to anyone or even being identified. Or from those who helped destabilize Libya and Egypt. Oh wait, that was Obama. Nancy is all for him and his illegal and unconstitutional wars.

Comment

the IBC website breaks down all of the statistics. reading owns you chastity_svo.
                            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Hell is full of regret.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

So, Rodney. Why don't you hold the same ill will against Obama? The war is still going on...

You also know, when all this Iraq shit started, nearly every Democrat politician supported it? And that we acted on intelligence, from all other agencies that we work with, not just the CIA intel, right? What about all the atrocities Saddam was committing against the people of Iraq? Should we have let him continue killing them? You act like Bush fabricated a bunch of shit, and that's what this is all over, and that's so far from the truth, it isn't even funny.

You are so, so, so misinformed. It's kind of sad. Bush wasn't perfect by any stretch. He made a lot of mistakes. This wasn't one of them.
                                Originally posted by BradM
                                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X